Bonaparte

CONTEST: Design a Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) set

Contest: Design a Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) set

Atlantis / Pharaoh's Quest / Ninjago

For this contest Eurobricks.com challenges you to design your own Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) set for Atlantis or Pharaoh's Quest or Ninjago.

If you are not familiar with Direct-To-Consumer, some examples are 10193 Medieval Market Village, 10210 Imperial Flagship, 10194 Emerald Night, etc.

5496153909_81a5a450bc_z.jpg

Rules:

• The contest will run from now until Saturday 30th of April (CET 20:00), so 8 weeks in total.
  • You are allowed to enter with multiple entries.
  • Some customization is allowed, including decals, string, sails. However, no Cutting and painting and no 3rd party customs (e.g. Brickarms, Brickforge, ...).
  • All building techniques are allowed, including tiling and SNOT bases.
  • No minifig or piece limit.
  • No clone brands
  • No digital entries
  • All entries must be new creations that have never been displayed anywhere before.
  • Judging will take place by a public vote (trying to manipulate the vote in any way will get you disqualified)
  • Important: Each entry should be posted in its own thread, like you would with a regular MOC. All entry threads are to be created in our LEGO Action Themes Forum. The thread title should be D2C Contest: (Entry Name) and and the description of the entry thread can be anything you want. Make sure to follow the title format very strict!
  • Post maximum 6 pictures (maximum size 800x600) in your entry thread - the first picture will be used for the voting thread. You can link to an external gallery, where there are no image or picture size limitations. See these tutorials for help with resizing images and deeplinking.

Prizes and Shipping:

1st prize: You get a maximum budget of 250 Euro (~345 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

2nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 125 Euro (~172 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

3nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 50 Euro (~69 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

Prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.

Important remarks:

1/ Each winner is allowed to select up to 5 sets as long as the total amount is under his/her maximum budget. We won't pay you the delta between your chosen sets and your maximum budget. Each winner provides us his/her list of sets and we'll buy them on S@H (don't buy them yourself). Your sets will be shipped to you directly from LEGO Shop@Home, so make sure Shop@Home ships to your country! If not, then you can still enter and we do our best to find a solution. We will pay for the shipment on top of your budget, so you can spend the full budget on sets.

2/ If you are one of the contest winners you'll get a PM after the contest is over to workout the details (like providing us your list of sets, your shipping address, etc.)

Hoping to see some great entries!

Have fun :sweet:

Ooohh, seems interesting. And the prizes are :wub: -able. I think I might whip something up to use to compete. Seems like I really cool contest!

Finally! A contest in the action forums! :sweet: I've been making some mods to my pharaoh's quest pyramid, but I could easily turn it into a MOC for this. :grin:

Edited by ComputerBug

Now we know about the question marks eh ?

My head is already scratching, but which of the three themes do I choose ? :wacko:

Maybe Ninjago for me, my son learns Japanese at school so he might be of some help ! :wink:

Good luck to all.....I think we'll need it ! :blush:

Sounds fun. PQ for me... :blush:

But: So a D2C is like one of those big expensive sets that everyone loves? Or is there more to it than that? Because Imperial Flagship and MMV are at least 100 USD.

Wow, this sounds like a great contest idea! Maybe I will finally be able to enter in this one and get something together.

This is a fantastic contest. The prizes are unbelievable so I think this will be a contest to remember. Just to clarify, D2C sets are those which are featured under Exclusive on s@h and can only be bought from Lego stores or s@h.

Fantastic contest and even more fantastic prizes!

Counting the time I will have in the upcoming weeks I guess I better pass on this one... :hmpf:

Good luck to all contestants and like Bonaparte already said - I want to see incredible MOCs!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your entries!

Let's make this a great contest. :thumbup:

I'd love to enter, but I might not because I have a really small collection of parts, and so I have a really low chance of winning. I may enter just to take part. Thanks for another great contest, EB!

I have a question: can you edit theme a little? For example, make the PQ have different characters? As I own no sets from any of those themes.

Edited by Gregorovich

About the prizes, does it mean Eurobricks will go to S@H's site, buy the sets for you and ship them to you (no matter if you are in a S@H-blessed location or not) ?

sounds interesting, I'm not sure if anything I make will qualify as big enough, and I have only a few figs from PQ and none from Atlantis or Ninjago, so I'll see what I can do...

This is the first time I really want to enter a building contest! The 3 themes are great and provide a lot of possibilities :sweet:

But I feel like I won't be able to produce something as impressive as MMV or the others with my rather small collection...

I don't want to pollute the entries with some 2nd class MOC... But the prizes are great!

Wow, what a great contest! I don't know that I'll have enough time to create a MOC I'm happy with, but I'll definitely think about it.

I just want to add one note:

5496153909_81a5a450bc_z.jpg[/center]

That is a pretty sweet little creation, itself. :thumbup:

This will be very fun! As there is no limit on entries, I'm going to make as many as I can... :grin:

I have a question: can you edit theme a little? For example, make the PQ have different characters? As I own no sets from any of those themes.

Yes, you can do that (a little bit).

About the prizes, does it mean Eurobricks will go to S@H's site, buy the sets for you and ship them to you (no matter if you are in a S@H-blessed location or not) ?

Have another look at the contest rules (especially the prizes and shipping part). It's all explained.

I just want to add one note:

That is a pretty sweet little creation, itself. :thumbup:

Made by our very own I Scream Clone!

What an incredible contest. Even without loads of minifigures for each of these themes, I might still be able to whip up a smaller D2C creation.

A massive thanks to all of the EB staff for providing us with yet another awesome contest. I think this might be the best one yet.

Very cool contest and prizes are amaizing !

just one question to be sure to have all understand.

There is only one category right ?

Entry will be judged not on the theme but all together ?

anyway I'm in !

There is only one category right ?

Entry will be judged not on the theme but all together ?

Right!

Cool contest, I'll try to make something for it. If we do an Atlantis one, do we have to use the new light bley/red/yellow color scheme, or can we use the old one (lime/dark bley/red)?

Cool contest, I'll try to make something for it. If we do an Atlantis one, do we have to use the new light bley/red/yellow color scheme, or can we use the old one (lime/dark bley/red)?

What ever you want to use is fine, its your choice.

Good luck to all who enter, I can't wait to see what amazing things are built.

Pity digital entries are excluded-- my brother and I have some very charming Atlantis MOCs in progress. Atlantis is one of the themes I have up here at college with me, but nevertheless digital entries would allow for more versatility.

I guess since the models are on DesignByMe mode, if I really need to I can order the parts off Pick-A-Brick and build the model in real life without having to post it on the DbM gallery and get my entry disqualified. But maybe I'd better first see what I can cook up just using the parts I have already here at college (I can use some Space Police III yellow windscreens to keep the model up-to-date with today's Atlantis sets).

I've got ideas running through my head already. Can't wait to get to my room and start MOCing!