Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

Well, seeing as our little home over of FBTB was Nuked, we've decided to make a little shelter for ourselves here.

This topic was originally "New Zealand: "Where to find Star Wars Lego" "

But seeing as EB is for all lego lover's, I desided we should adapt to our new climate to being for all Kiwi's to share news.

Sorry if this seems to get main attention on Star Wars, but we'll also try not forget our roots :tongue:

The original topic can be found at the old FBTB: New Zealand: "Where to find Star Wars LEGO"

All Kiwi's wecome!

Anyway, I'll start by saying K-mart has the twilight marked down to $135 (RRP $180) and the Indy Jungle Cutter for $55 (RRP $90)

I'm hoping the Jungle cutter's go down even more. The two i have make great Part packs :laugh:

Edited by Legoman

I noticed the mark-down on those sets too.

There won't be a LEGO sale on this week at Kmart, but there may be one next week. Hopefully the sets might still be there when there is a sale, then I'd probably pick them up for a load of parts. :classic:

Thanks Sam! I was thinking of doing this myself here at Eurobricks once FBTB changed the rules to stop the really handy thread we had there. I don't understand their logic at all.

Thanks for the Jungle Cutter tip-off, I still have to get that set from the Crystal Skull series.

Let me know if you see the new Shanghai Chase or Flying Wing on sale, I really want those sets, but full price is ridiculous.

Edited by jp-30

Thanks Sam! I was thinking of doing this myself here at Eurobricks once FBTB changes the rules to stop the really handy thread we had there.

Thanks for the Jungle Cutter tip-off, I still have to get that set from the Crystal Skull series.

Let me know if you see the new Shanghai Chase or Flying Wing on sale, I really want those sets, but full price is ridiculous.

I recommend you frequently check the Farmers website. They often have 20% sales on all Toys, and last time I was there, they had both of those indy sets. :classic:

Thanks Sam! I was thinking of doing this myself here at Eurobricks once FBTB changed the rules to stop the really handy thread we had there. I don't understand their logic at all.

Well, k-mart has the Flying wing set for $95, but that's just their usual markdown (Oh i love k-mart).

I love the jungle cutter's. I got some at the warehouse 1/2 price during their indy sale :thumbup::cry_happy:

I'm dreaming that k-mart will put them down to $45 then another 20% off :cry_happy:

It is a shame FBTB has desurted our home :cry_sad: , but i hope this place will be just as successful.

wow seems like i'm the last person to arrive, thanks for starting this thread sam

Not quite. There's still a few other's.

Not a problem, it seemed like a few people wanted this back, so why not :classic:

wow seems like i'm the last person to arrive, thanks for starting this thread sam

Not quite. There's still a few other's.

Not a problem, it seemed like a few people wanted this back, so why not :classic:

Thanks for starting this Sam. It's Vimes here from that other forum.

Some cheeky sod had the nerve to have my username here so now I'm Detritus.

I doubt I'll venture back to FBTB much now. Its do as I say but not as I do there.

No country specific threads now because they don't include everyone (no cliques they say), yet a mod has started a thread about the chrome Vaders and C3PO's that clearly doesnt include us. The hypocricy was not lost on me.

"First, don’t disparage other members on the boards. That means no name calling, snide posts, or sarcastic responses." they say - but the same mod publicy did this to a member who had a different opinion to his (I might have agreed with him but thats not the point).

I think they are not far away from telling us what to think next.

Anyway enough ranting, I am pleased we have this thread again.

Cheers

Vimes whoops I mean Detritus

thanks Sam. I'm going with irony for discussing NZ Lego on the 'EURO'bricks forum.

Hehe. Yep, but this site isn't at all strictly European. :wink:

Thanks for starting this Sam. It's Vimes here from that other forum.

Some cheeky sod had the nerve to have my username here so now I'm Detritus.

Vimes whoops I mean Detritus

... That's just sad. He better have a good reason, not just trying to be you :hmpf_bad:

Hey guys some of you allready no Kmart has star wars lego 8019 for $99, AAT 8018 for $88 and 8016 for $45.

so good to be back posting in a NZ topic :classic:

CommanderFox

Kmart has star wars lego 8019 for $99

Thanks - thats a better price for it compared to S@H. But alas Halo Wars seems to be calling out for my $99 at the moment.

Too many things to buy - not enough money. Need cash.

For Sale: One wife, quite good condition - prone to nag, all offers considered. :tongue:

Hi Guys,

Sweet finally a kiwi thread. Choice!

My wife was at the Eastgate Warehouse in Chch yesterday and saw a bunch of Mars Mission and Coast Guard set marked down. Some a had a few bits missing and damaged boxes. Half price I believe.

Kmart in the Palms had Temple of Crystal Skull for $50, so I snapped that up.

Anyone seen the Toyworld brochure. They start a sale tomorrow, they have the Technics Handler Loader 8295 for $89.00 down from $150.

Buy the way S@H has heaps of new magnet sets. Does anyone want to split some freight costs?

Cheers

Troy.

Buy the way S@H has heaps of new magnet sets. Does anyone want to split some freight costs?

Hi ColdBricks

I was just looking at the magnets tonight, the new magnet sets look sweet. Pity that there's nothing good on sale (and in stock) at the moment that helps subsidize the shipping. My problem is that there are so many little things I want from S@H that it soon adds up (and the magnet sets ain't cheap, except by trademe/ebay standards for minifigures).

As an example, if we ordered 5 magnet sets each that's $70 shipping. Split two ways it's still $35 each + additional shipping if we live in different areas. (I'm in wellington)

I'd be keen to chip in for shipping if shipping was split enough ways or there was something that made it worthwhile, as there's some things that I want that you can only get from S@H or bricklink. (like the IR remote and receiver and pick a brick)

Wish we had a Lego branded store in NZ....

oh and for those that haven't seen Medieval Market is now available from S@H

Edited by KnightlyKnight

Hi Knightlknight,

I'm in the lucky position of being able to send things in NZ via Courier Post at minimal cost. Say 5-10 bucks for a BIG box. Family connections! Sweet.

SO If anyone does want to chip in from S@H, I can send stuff around NZ DIRT CHEAP for you.

Coldbricks.

Hi ColdBricks

I was just looking at the magnets tonight, the new magnet sets look sweet. Pity that there's nothing good on sale (and in stock) at the moment that helps subsidize the shipping. My problem is that there are so many little things I want from S@H that it soon adds up (and the magnet sets ain't cheap, except by trademe/ebay standards for minifigures).

As an example, if we ordered 5 magnet sets each that's $70 shipping. Split two ways it's still $35 each + additional shipping if we live in different areas. (I'm in wellington)

I'd be keen to chip in for shipping if shipping was split enough ways or there was something that made it worthwhile, as there's some things that I want that you can only get from S@H or bricklink. (like the IR remote and receiver and pick a brick)

Wish we had a Lego branded store in NZ....

oh and for those that haven't seen Medieval Market is now available from S@H

The thing is, as much as i may want thing's from S@H, postage is quite a bit. As Knightlyknight said, even if we split postage 2-3 ways, it's still $25 each.

And there's not actully anything i really want from S@H ATM anyway...

When I want place a big order, it would be more worth it, but not for just a couple of magnet sets :sceptic:

The thing is, as much as i may want thing's from S@H, postage is quite a bit. As Knightlyknight said, even if we split postage 2-3 ways, it's still $25 each.

And there's not actully anything i really want from S@H ATM anyway...

When I want place a big order, it would be more worth it, but not for just a couple of magnet sets :sceptic:

I remember we did a large order in the beginning of the year, so if we want to do it again, here would be the place to co-ordinate it wouldn't it?

In my local area of Albany and Glenfield, all the stores that stock LEGO have the full lines of BIONICLE, Pirates (Apart from impulses), Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Racers and Creator. Kmart (which seems to get the sets early this year) also as the Power Miner sets. :classic:

Hey 3D Brickthing Im in the same area as you and you say the whole line of star wars sets has come out as in 7751, 7752 and so on, but not the Home One and AT-OT and Echo Base and the other june -august sets. Are they all out at glenfield and are they at kmart albany because ive been hunting around and can only find the republic attack ship and the AAT and the battle packs :hmpf_bad::angry:

but oh well hopefully im going to albany this week so ill keep you guys updated on star wars power miners and so on :classic:

CommanderFox

Hey again guys, are any of you having a problem in opening the Catalogue on the toyworld website because it opens the window but doesn't come up with any thing for me, are they still updating their site :hmpf:

Thanks

CommanderFox

Hey again guys, are any of you having a problem in opening the Catalogue on the toyworld website because it opens the window but doesn't come up with any thing for me, are they still updating their site :hmpf:

Thanks

CommanderFox

I wouldn't worry too much about the toyworld catalogue, there is only the 2 sets advertised - the Handler and Build your own harbour.

Kmart does have the City Dump Truck for 31.95...instead of 40... Warehouse will price beat Kmart also remember!

Hey Sam I havn't seen 7752 anywhere.

By the way im going to the mall today so ill look for the prices on star wars, power miners ect and keep you guys posted :classic::classic:

CommanderFox

Hey guys sorry I didn't put this in my last post but after ive bourght this years sets I think im going to buy some custom helmets from arealight who is based in Taiwan. So I was wondering if maybe one of us could do the order and get the goods and then post off to the others at their own cost. I also might buy a minifigure or two off Rayman but she is kinda expenssive, $35 a clone and I think thats in US dollars :hmpf_bad:

so anyway I wont be getting mine till ive bourght 09 sets and have saved up so probably around November :classic:

Give me a PM or just post here if your interisted :classic:

CommanderFox