Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] Snow Scout and Speederbike (Moodland)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

For some reason, I've been on a speederbike kick lately. Thought I'd revisit my Moodland scale Speederbike design and rebuild and redeco it!

scout1.jpg

I was originally going to have a Snowtrooper ride this, but making that cowl in bricks proved to be almost impossible. Luckily, I came across images of a Hasbro battlepack that featured 2 Snow Scouts and bikes. I used those for reference.

scout3.jpg

As with all my builds, I truly tried to make this as accurate as possible. I'm pretty happy with the sleek design.

scout5.jpg

Here's an image of my original Moodland scale Biker Scout and Speedbike:

speeder_bike1.jpg

I really like it. It would have been cool to see a snowtrooper in Moodland style. I'm tring to do one myself , but it may take a while since this is my first attempt at it. I think your builds inspired lots of us to do these.

Any pointers please feel free to PM me..lol :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by lego envy

I really like it. It would have been cool to see a snowtrooper in Moodland style. I'm tring to do one my self , but it may take a while since this is my first attempt at it. I think your builds inspired lots of us to do these.

Any pointers please feel free to PM me..lol :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! It makes me feel good to know that my builds have helped inspire other builders like you. :sweet: As far as advice, I'll PM you in a sec...

Another awesome creation! You know I’m already digging your MOOD scale characters, but what I really like here is that speeder bike with so much detail packed into a smaller scale. I would love to have your creations on display in my own collection. If anyone from The Lego Group is monitoring this site? You should approach MOOD and market his creations to the general public. His creations are great and would have perfect price point.

Nice MOC. :thumbup: I particularly like the Scout trooper's head, the tooth piece really makes it flow nicely. One suggestion I would like to make is to make the handlebars bigger, mainly where the moodfig is gripping. They seem a little small for the scale, so maybe adding a 4L bar to the light fixture piece would improve that.

BTW glad to see you MOCing so much lately. Looks like those CBs really helped as far as inspiration. :laugh:

Hello!

I didn't expect that you could make your great figures look even more agile, but you did it with the right equipment! :sweet:

The octagonal plate for the belt is a great feature piece. It's part of the armor design and enables the attachment of legs. That's great piece use. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I don't know what part of this I like best M<0><0<DSWIM the bike or the Snow Scout. I thought your last bike was fantastic but this one has just improved on it.

Wow, this is another awesome creation Mood...! :wub: The speeder especially is lovely, so accurate and detailed. Better than your previous version, which was also great though. I like the Snow Scout too, the tooth piece works extremely well. :thumbup:

Another awesome creation! You know I’m already digging your MOOD scale characters, but what I really like here is that speeder bike with so much detail packed into a smaller scale. I would love to have your creations on display in my own collection. If anyone from The Lego Group is monitoring this site? You should approach MOOD and market his creations to the general public. His creations are great and would have perfect price point.

Thanks, man! With every build that I do, I always try to imagine them as "real" sets. I think it would be great if Lego picked up this idea! :sweet:

Nice MOC. :thumbup: I particularly like the Scout trooper's head, the tooth piece really makes it flow nicely. One suggestion I would like to make is to make the handlebars bigger, mainly where the moodfig is gripping. They seem a little small for the scale, so maybe adding a 4L bar to the light fixture piece would improve that.

BTW glad to see you MOCing so much lately. Looks like those CBs really helped as far as inspiration. :laugh:

Thanks! I knew something was bit off with the handle grips. Thanks for the suggestion! :wink:

Looks great!

I love the snow scout, but I think you should still take on a snowtrooper :classic:

Not to worry. I'm still working on a Snowtrooper design. :wink:

Wow, this is another awesome creation Mood...! :wub: The speeder especially is lovely, so accurate and detailed. Better than your previous version, which was also great though. I like the Snow Scout too, the tooth piece works extremely well. :thumbup:

Thanks! I think that the tooth piece totally gives the scout trooper "goggles" the right look. Without that, I don't know how else I could recreate it.

Excellent upgrades, Mood. You've already nailed the saddle area, but the new design with curved bricks is so much sleeker. :drool:

Slight updates to the Scout's helmet are nice, too.

I’ve seen many good minfigure scale 74-Zs (Eurobricks members seem to be quite fond of them), so I’m even more impressed by what a huge jump this Moodland rendition makes in quality. As previously metnioned, the shaping of the saddle area, while already outstanding, is further improved by the use of curved slopes. The way you’ve included the often-missed second connection of the steering vanes and the ‘bell’ at the apex of the outrigger is also nice. The black against white makes it difficult to make out some of the finer details, but it looks like you’ve remembered the power cell as well. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I’ve seen many good minfigure scale 74-Zs (Eurobricks members seem to be quite fond of them), so I’m even more impressed by what a huge jump this Moodland rendition makes in quality. As previously metnioned, the shaping of the saddle area, while already outstanding, is further improved by the use of curved slopes. The way you’ve included the often-missed second connection of the steering vanes and the ‘bell’ at the apex of the outrigger is also nice. The black against white makes it difficult to make out some of the finer details, but it looks like you’ve remembered the power cell as well. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, Fallen! I figured you and Doc would most appreciate my attention to detail here. :thumbup: Whenever I recreate a model or fig in Lego, I use several visual references to ensure that I'm able to include the most details. Since my Moodland stuff is really "action-figure scale", I use alot of images of Hasbro sets and Sideshow Collectibles models, both of which I used here. Oh, and, yeah I did include the power cell on the bottom! :wink: