VBBN

Bionicle 2016 Story Discussion & Rumors

This thread is for discussion of Bionicle 2016 story only. All discussion of the Bionicle 2016 sets should be directed here

I'm seriously expecting Toa Okoto-Nuva, with Ekimu joining the cast as the "Takanuva" character.

The book previews show the masks getting shattered, and they recieve some new masks, as well as Ekimu getting upgraded.

Yeah...likely that is what will happen. Another possibility is that, after the battle against Kulta and his army, Ekimu defeats him, regains his mask of creation creates a new body for himself, he will likely make the toa stronger with new masks....it seems like an inevitable story line. Maybe Kulta does what Makuta did in the original story, and awakened some new terrible force (cough Bohrok) for the toa to try and stop.

I'm seriously expecting Toa Okoto-Nuva, with Ekimu joining the cast as the "Takanuva" character.

Nope, Bingzak is going to be the new Takanuva >:u

Nope, Bingzak is going to be the new Takanuva >:u

Yeah, alright then XD.

But I seriously think that Ekimu will upgrade himself to a Toa-Like form, making him the "takanuva" as in "Matoran-turned-toa" of the wave.

I would find it strange if they end up killing Makuta for good at the end of the story. The implication from the beginning has been that he wasn't even as evil as G1 Teridax.

How could a Mask of Speed be made? Fire + Jungle?

Wondering the same thing. Masks can't be made from more than one element.

I figure it's possible to just use certain aspect of the element (for instance, stone includes different minerals, etc.). Depending on the combination, you can get different powers.

Or maybe the Mask of Creation gives them power? Could be why Ekimu's masks are more valued.

But yeah, weird. Very curious to know the mask making process.

I think it's more that the elements were considered more powerful than all of these other ability types (so a Mask of Fire is inherently stronger/more valued than a Mask of Speed). So you can have a mask made out of basically anything, but when you start combining the elements themselves, that's a no-no.

Of course, this is probably wildly overthinking it anyway, since we're unlikely to get so in-depth.

Or, y'know, it's possible that speed actually IS an element in the new story. I mean, I agree that it doesn't make much sense as an element, but that didn't stop Ninjago from considering it one.

How could a Mask of Speed be made? Fire + Jungle?

what jungle and fire would result in :wind blow,sand twisters,fire and sand get glass

Can someone please post a recap of what we know? I didn't follow the 2015 thread at all.

Can someone please post a recap of what we know? I didn't follow the 2015 thread at all.

Sure.

Ekimu and Makuta are brothers, Makuta gets jealous of Ekimu and creates the Mask of Ultimate Power, which is basically a bad idea. They fight, and both of them fall asleep for a very, long time (no, really, we actually don't know how long). The Protectors do a weird prophesy chant around the Mask of Time, which made the Toa fall from the sky and crash land without any memory of anything. The Toa find their Golden masks, and gain the ability to combine/spit their weapons in half and use elemental powers, though they more or less never use said powers. They meet at the gate to the Ancient City, beat up LOSS and knock him off a cliff, before entering the city themselves and accidentally trapping themselves inside it. After that, we don't know a great deal other than that they meet the Skull villains who steal the mask of their respective Toa. They find Ekimu, wake him up and battle Skull Grinder in the place where Ekimu and Makuta made masks. Skull Grinder puts on the Mask of Creation, destroys the Toa's Masks, then Ekimu kills him with a hammer made from parts that were lying around inside the building. Ekimu makes new masks, and it's a happy ending for everyone except the now-dead undead, LOSS and Makuta.

Please note that this is a fairly bare-bones explanation, and we still don't know most of the details about what happens in the Ancient City.

Edited by Mandate

One of my hopes for the 2016 story is that the Protectors return to help the Toa. I mean, they helped them find their golden masks but are completely absent during the second half of the story in the city of the mask makers.

Sure.

Ekimu and Makuta are brothers, Makuta gets jealous of Ekimu and creates the Mask of Ultimate Power, which is basically a bad idea. They fight, and both of them fall asleep for a very, long time (no, really, we actually don't know how long). The Protectors do a weird prophesy chant around the Mask of Time, which made the Toa fall from the sky and crash land without any memory of anything. The Toa find their Golden masks, and gain the ability to combine/spit their weapons in half and use elemental powers, though they more or less never use said powers. They meet at the gate to the Ancient City, beat up LOSS and knock him off a cliff, before entering the city themselves and accidentally trapping themselves inside it. After that, we don't know a great deal other than that they meet the Skull villains who steal the mask of their respective Toa. They find Ekimu, wake him up and battle Skull Grinder in the place where Ekimu and Makuta made masks. Skull Grinder puts on the Mask of Creation, destroys the Toa's Masks, then Ekimu kills him with a hammer made from parts that were lying around inside the building. Ekimu makes new masks, and it's a happy ending for everyone except the now-dead undead, LOSS and Makuta.

Yeah, that part bothers me too. I mean, it sounds less like "Masks of Elemental Powers" and more like "Masks of Battle Mode Activation".

One of my hopes for the 2016 story is that the Protectors return to help the Toa. I mean, they helped them find their golden masks but are completely absent during the second half of the story in the city of the mask makers.

Either that or more active villagers. Something like the Koro Guards from Mata Nui or the Voya Nui Resistance Team would be nice.

Next episode. Also in russian. We really need to get the animations in English at this point. :hmpf_bad:

Edit: Oops, wrong thread it seems. A moderator may delete this if they find it necessary.

Edited by Bbrink1996

Next episode. Also in russian. We really need to get the animations in English at this point. :hmpf_bad:

I don't think that's the right thread :f

Theorising;

The Toa are weak, the battle with Skull Grinder having proved this. As such Ekimu upgrades them and they go off to find allies in the form of elemental creatures. Makuta, realising the strength of these creatures, sends a Hunter to capture the creatures before the Toa.

I would find it strange if they end up killing Makuta for good at the end of the story. The implication from the beginning has been that he wasn't even as evil as G1 Teridax.

Same, he gives off a Lord Garmadon vibe in that he doesnt seem entirely evil and that his motivations dont make sense if they are his own. Would go under the viewpoint that the MoUP has a sentient level to it, possibly manipulating or controlling Makuta since he put it on.

Here's a though, based on a discarded idea from G1

(Ahkmou was meant to be part of a secret tribe that worshipped Makuta)

: maybe the Hunter (and perhaps Kulta) are part of a cult that worships the corrupted Makuta...a "Brotherhood of Makuta" of sorts :wink: .

Edited by The Outsider

Theorising;

The Toa are weak, the battle with Skull Grinder having proved this. As such Ekimu upgrades them and they go off to find allies in the form of elemental creatures. Makuta, realising the strength of these creatures, sends a Hunter to capture the creatures before the Toa.

Same, he gives off a Lord Garmadon vibe in that he doesnt seem entirely evil and that his motivations dont make sense if they are his own. Would go under the viewpoint that the MoUP has a sentient level to it, possibly manipulating or controlling Makuta since he put it on.

Yup, that's my idea on how the Winter wave's story will go. The summer will involve Makuta popping in for real (maybe with Shadow Toa or Rahkshi homages) to claim the MoCo and the Toa have to prevent him from doing so. They are not able to keep him from it and he escapes with it. Seque into next year's story featuring Ekimu and Makuta (with their respective teams) each racing to claim the MoUP.

Here's a though, based on a discarded idea from G1

(Ahkmou was meant to be part of a secret tribe that worshipped Makuta)

: maybe the Hunter (and perhaps Kulta) are part of a cult that worships the corrupted Makuta...a "Brotherhood of Makuta" of sorts :wink: .

Or worshipping the MOUP?

So theory time;

The concept art depicts Kopaka being rescued from LoSS via Tahu and Onua - guessing this is part of Revenge of the Skull Spiders. They appear to be in some sort of cavern, so i'm guessing this is after the events of the Summer animations - where LoSS fell down off the bridge and is currently making a base in the area the Skull Villains were located underneath the ancient city.

Or worshipping the MOUP?

Maybe, but then the name would be "Brotherhood of Ultimate Power" or something of the kind, and it couldn't work as a throwback to a G1 faction.

So theory time;

The concept art depicts Kopaka being rescued from LoSS via Tahu and Onua - guessing this is part of Revenge of the Skull Spiders. They appear to be in some sort of cavern, so i'm guessing this is after the events of the Summer animations - where LoSS fell down off the bridge and is currently making a base in the area the Skull Villains were located underneath the ancient city.

Most likely. In fact, the Toa even have their 2015 weapons. I doubt this will show up outside the books, though.

Well, this isn't much of a theory. Umarak is called the Hunter and we're assuming he's there to hunt the creatures. That might be it, but in the first list we got Umarak was called "Mask Hunter". The Mask tidbit was dropped from the final name but the intention might be still there. Maybe Umarak is a minion/creation of Makuta sent to steal the Toa masks?

And it occured to me, we still don't know where the Skull Spiders+LoSS+Gold SS Mask come from, if they're in any way related to the Skull Army, and where Makuta falls into this.

Well, this isn't much of a theory. Umarak is called the Hunter and we're assuming he's there to hunt the creatures. That might be it, but in the first list we got Umarak was called "Mask Hunter". The Mask tidbit was dropped from the final name but the intention might be still there. Maybe Umarak is a minion/creation of Makuta sent to steal the Toa masks?

And it occured to me, we still don't know where the Skull Spiders+LoSS+Gold SS Mask come from, if they're in any way related to the Skull Army, and where Makuta falls into this.

Actually, on the first list with set names he was called just "LEGO Bionicle Hunter".

Edited by Voxovan