Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

Jupiter

On May 10, 1869 a famous meeting took place between two locomotives at Promotory Point, Utah, at the Golden Spike Ceremony which celebrated the completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad over the United States. These two locomotives were Union Pacific's #119 and Central Pacific's #60, better known as The Jupiter.

After I came up with a few color options for my American 4-4-0 steam engine, one of which I said was like 'Jupiter', I went back to look at the famous locomotive and found I was very off. So I decided to rework my 4-4-0 to see what it would look like if it really did resemble 'Jupiter.'

1485345104_eac18035a4_m.jpg

A few differences besides color - added accent to the boiler nose, added plate height and accent to the pistons, added height to the rear of the boiler to match the original locomotive, removal of one of the three boiler domes.

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

Another brilliant train! *sweet* Good job, you're starting to put all the other train fanatics to shame! :-D

I give it: *y* *y* !

TTFN! >:-)

You, my friend are a train artist. An artist! 10/10

Aww shucks... you're going to give me a big head... oh, nevermind, too late. :-D Thanks!

Another brilliant train! *sweet* Good job, you're starting to put all the other train fanatics to shame! :-D

I give it: *y* *y* !

TTFN! >:-)

Thanks! I don't think I'm putting anyone to shame, there are a lot more talented train builders out there. Unless, of course, you're talking about simple fanaticism, in which case I'm king. X-D

Very accurate, and very, very wonderful! *wub*

Thanks!

Very good recreation. Are you going to build it? (Yes, I know I am annoying.)

Thanks! I don't know if I'll build it. It's so close to my other 4-4-0, but it is historical. It's either this one, or a ten wheeler modeled after the Grapevine Railroad's "Puffy" or a 2-6-0 after the "Chatanooga Choo Choo".

--Tony

Oh please do build this one, it looks really cool!

Wonderful design! *y* *y*