Sign in to follow this  
LovinLegoSince97

MOC: Observation Rail Car

Hello again. I built this MOC off no picture or sketch so It might not please some...You can voice your criticism, but I dont run the car, and it was just for fun and because I had extra bricks, so I probably will not change the creation. I dont use it in my setup because I dont have an extra set of trucks and wheels, I borrow them from a green box car..I bought two extra 3677 repair rail cars..I only use them as low boys or with only a few bricks to make them look like real rail cars.. So I took the extra pieces and created something else. I rode in an observation bubble car (upstairs) on a local train and it was awesome...Thats all I needed to spark some inspiration and it was done in a an hour or two...I took the seats out after it sat for awhile, the roof of the rail car has grey latch doors that open so you can get your fingers in their and move stuff around. Thanks for looking!

7522218468_71af18006f_c.jpg7522219370_18b0cbbd8c_c.jpg

7522220010_77556948ed_c.jpg7522244142_399bd32061_c.jpg

Reminds me of the Devon Belle - first shown as a model idea for the emerald night. I did an April spoof for model 7812

- also on here somewhere.

The Idea of such much glass would only fit the latest train designs and might not pass the Lego drop off table crash test. But then fill it with some series one crash test dummies to find out. Seriously though it is a nice model to add to the train carriages, especially over a scenic line

Edited by roamingstudio

Reminds me of the Devon Belle - first shown as a model idea for the emerald night. I did an April spoof for model 7823

- also on here somewhere.

The

Idea of such much glass would only fit the latest train designs and might not pass the Lego drop off table crash test. But then fill it with some series one crash test dummies to find out. Seriously though it is a nice model to add to the train carriages, especially over a scenic line

Dont think It would pass a drop test. I want one of the series1 test dummies though haha It does look similar to the Devon Belle. Thanks for your input! Your 7812 Is amazing! props.

Edited by LovinLegoSince97

Yes it is a little bit like those old Pullman coaches. Don't they have one down on the preserved railway in Devon, is that the one that you all mean? Perhaps if you get a few more bits over time you will not have to share parts and can run it in your layout. I speak from past experience that not having enough train wheels and stuff can be very frustrating so I sympathise with you on that.

Not bad design there 'LovinLegoSince97' :wink: , but the underbelly is missing between the wheels ? :look:

Brick On ! :classic: