kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

And here for mister Mesonak :laugh:

One

Two

Great Find! I'm curious about the fact that black phantom is the only one who come in a box.

Does anyone find splitface's face (lol) to be similar to Thunder(or something like that)

And here for mister Mesonak :laugh:

One

Two

Now, we are getting somewhere :)

I have to admin that I didn't really like the 1.0 version, the 2.0 was an ok and the 3.0 was a mild disappointment in terms of new parts. If my son wound't be so crazy about robots (in general) I would't even buy/touch them.

These 4.0 are so close to warhammer 40k as it gets, love 'em :)

Looks like the old helmets are coming back. They appear to be more individualistic now, not just in weapons and masks but in their very bodies. And speaking of weapons, Breez's swords are a lot more detailed than any weapon I have seen in Lego. They all look like they are designed for warfare now, could the factory be turning into a military state?

The 4.0 heroes look cool and unique, but they bring a lot of changes I didn't really expect (new Hero Cores, old helmets, new packaging style, and taller-looking Heroes). The new cuff pieces are cool, but there are things I hope change by the final version-- for instance, I want the Hero Cores to maintain the same colors they had before or similar ones, if possible. I like the Hero weapons which use the same Thornax launcher design but with a new piece for a new twist.

Black Phantom looks like the worst Fire Lord-based villain yet, but this is still a prototype, and a much earlier one than any of the other figures by the looks of things. Even Fire Lord changed significantly from prototype to final version. But in this case, I don't know what to expect... he looks painfully spindly in design.

The minor villains are all cool. "Flying Shark With Fists" is the most creative villain concept I've ever seen. Splitface looks awesome, Toxic Reapa has Transparent Fluorescent Green cladding, and Thornraxx reuses the wonderful wing pieces introduced for Gorast.

Interestingly, the Heroes and minor villains use the same packaging, but with a twist-- there are two sizes of this packaging, and some hero sets-- and some villain sets-- seem larger than others. Splitface is the largest of the minor villains, while Breez, Furno, and Rocka are larger than Evo and Surge. Certainly a great change from tradition!

I hope that, despite the old helmets on the Heroes, they get new heads underneath. Sadly this doesn't seem too likely considering that under their helmets their heads seem to all be Transparent Fluorescent Green and Transparent Fluorescent Reddish Orange... if there were a new head, I'd hope for at least a bit more color variety (even with this head piece I'm saddened by the lack of Transparent Fluorescent Blue).

These sets raise so many questions, and I can't wait to get some answers.

I think I'm gonna be sick. (Just the heros...NO! EVO!) Interesting to note is that roacka, furno, and breez are larger in cansiter size than surge and evo, and that all have lauchers. TLG should fix Evo.

EDIT Aanchir beat me to the punch.

Edited by krystalKING

The archenemy indeed looks very poor, they could have some drastically new non-titan non-humanoid, after all, they design one of the world's most creative toy.

I cross my fingers so that the actual non-cg-enhanced version of the robots will still look good.

Is it the first set to include only 5 heroes?

I think I'm gonna be sick. (Just the heros...NO! EVO!) INteresting to note is that roacka, furno, and breez are larger in cansiter size than surge and evo, and that all have lauchers. TLG should fix Evo.

I don't see anything wrong with Evo :)

cover.JPG

Breez is the manliest.And why Surge,Furno and Breez are wearing old helms?

I like villains.Splitface looks like Terminator or Two-Face from Batman,but some kind of symbiotic.Toxic theme is always cool,but now it has many green transparent pieces.Do Thornaxx and Jawblade have any legs?

I like villains.Splitface looks like Terminator or Two-Face from Batman,but some kind of symbiotic.Toxic theme is always cool,but now it has many green transparent pieces.Do Thornaxx and Jawblade have any legs?

If they are re-using molds for the heroes that had 1.0 unique helmets, they could have some print on it.

You feel Breez is the manliest? True, she doesn't look all too feminine, but to me if anything she resembles Samus Aran, a very well-known video game heroine. Given that the giant spherical shoulders don't actually resemble muscles or form-fitting armor in any way, it arguably could contribute to her feminine appearance since you are forced to visualize a lighter frame underneath.

Meanwhile, I just noticed the new torso seems to be the same one used in the Joker and Iron Man sets from the Super Heroes theme. Also, the blasters of the heroes have a lot of cool details. Furno's has a System halberd/pike clipped on top, and Rocka's uses Technic click-hinges to attach blades forming a crossbow-like weapon.

I don't think Jawblade has legs-- it would be weird if he did-- but he seems to have some of Furno 3.0's wing pieces on his "hip" area that could probably fold down to act as legs or 'struts' in certain poses. Thornraxx, on the other hand, seems to have no limbs but his wings and arms, similar to the classic Nui-Rama from BIONICLE. Again, his tail could probably act as a balancing point of some sort for display.

And I just realized that Black Phantom (while an early prototype from the looks of things) probably confirms that we're back to using the Glatorian head piece. I hope they redesign it with the new, sturdier joints if they plan to keep using it.

Edited by Aanchir

Okay, so now I can start ranting

Breez: She is..a freaking...remold. I mean, she has the 1.0 helmet, the 1.0 feet, heck she looks manlier than her 2.0 form. Also, I totally dislike the jumbled colors, she's green, white, red and the black limbs. She is horrible..but I do like the shield piece, it's neat IMO.

Furno: Same thing as Breez, but not as bad. What I do like is the launcher and the jet thingies.

Surge: Same as Furno and Breez: totally unoriginal, jumbled colors etc. What I do like is the fact that his 1.0 weapon is different now, and looks kind of better. And I also like the launcher.

Rocka: GORGEOUS! FREAKING GORGEOUS!

Evo: Same as Rocka, except some minor problems here and there but still, he looks epic.

Black Phantom: He's basically a black Fire lord..with a mace/staff...Heck, he's worse than Fire Lord, I find that ironic. But I do like the new molds..and that's pretty much it.

Thornraxx: Now, I think this set is pretty good, I do like the non-humanoid look and the fact that he/she has some BIONICLE pieces (Gorast's wings!). Oh and, TEAL TEAL TEAL TEAL TEAL. default_laugh_new.gif

Splitface: Thunder remake, I don't like him. He's bleh in both color scheme and design.

Jawblade: Although he reminds me too much of Fangz, I do like this guy. He's a shark and he kinds of looks cool,plus his helmet is kind of scary and I like it, oh and I love the way LEGO designed a lower jaw using Gorast's claw pieces. (Wow, another BIONICLE piece)

Toxic Reapa: He looks like a toad, has trans green pieces, cool helmet. I like him, but I do NOT like the Meltdown look (the canisters on his back). Oh and, dark green flame pieces. <3<3<3<3<3<3

Has anyone considered that since the tag line is "break-out'" that these are villains from prior missions? Thornaxx looks kind of like Jetbug, and Toxic Reapa has a resemblance to meltdown. The only one I can't place is Jawblade, but everyone else looks familiar.

First off, I can't thank you enough for the pictures. :cry_happy:

Right off the bat I can tell you that I did NOT expect the heroes to be designed like that, that's for sure. It's too early to tell if i like the change or not. I welcome the return of their original helmets/glatorian heads, and I can't put into words how much I love Evo and Rocka's new helmets. :cry_happy:

As far as their actual designs go, I did not expect a third new Hero Core for this wave; that kind of hit me out of left-field. But I love the larger heroes' complexity and color schemes, and I love the pieces on Surge and Evo. Namely Surge 1.0's weapon recolored into a glorious light blue. As for Evo... I can't help but feel a little overwhelmed at his design. Little to no new/recolored parts, and an overall bland design. Though I still adore that helmet.

This wave of heroes may be my favorite yet; I loved the animal motif that was present in 3.0, but these guys bring a new sense of originality to the table, while still keeping the system that began with 2.0.

Unfortunately, that won't be the last time that I mention 2.0. Black Phantom is do disappointing it can't be put into words, though I should have gussed that any $20 titan couldn't live up to Witch Doctor; whether you hate him or love him, his grandiose design overshadowed those with the Fire Lord design. I had my hopes that they would perfect the design and make a titan worth getting excited about, but alas... few redeeming qualities here, except for his shooter, which I love the design of. I thought the same about Fire Lord when the prelim pics were first revealed, and I've later grown to love Fire Lord as a set and as a character, so I suppose we'll see. I'll hold out hope.

As for the minor villains, though, I'm impressed to put it mildly. Everything is here, from complexity of design to uniqueness of themes (really, a shark with fists and swords isn't exactly a cliche :laugh:), to new and interesting pieces. Before I give my opinions on these, I wish to point out that Thornraxx has teal limbs and sockets. Purple in Joker and teal in Thornraxx? This is going to be many peoples' dream come true. As far as designs go, I'm impressed; the only one that doesn't strike a chord with me is Splitface. I adore Thornraxx and Toxic Reapa, and the design of Jawblade is spot on.

Overall, I had feared that this wave would pale in comparison to Savage Planet, but so far, after looking at a hanfdul of preliminary pictures, I already love the theme, the unique designs, and their parts. Oh, and the cuff piece is awesome. :laugh:

EDIT: After looking at Phantom's profile shot closely, is it absurd to hope that his head remains Mata green? :tongue:

Edited by Mesonak

Okay, so now I can start ranting

Breez: She is..a freaking...remold. I mean, she has the 1.0 helmet, the 1.0 feet, heck she looks manlier than her 2.0 form. Also, I totally dislike the jumbled colors, she's green, white, red and the black limbs. She is horrible..but I do like the shield piece, it's neat IMO.

Furno: Same thing as Breez, but not as bad. What I do like is the launcher and the jet thingies.

Surge: Same as Furno and Breez: totally unoriginal, jumbled colors etc. What I do like is the fact that his 1.0 weapon is different now, and looks kind of better. And I also like the launcher.

Rocka: GORGEOUS! FREAKING GORGEOUS!

Evo: Same as Rocka, except some minor problems here and there but still, he looks epic.

Black Phantom: He's basically a black Fire lord..with a mace/staff...Heck, he's worse than Fire Lord, I find that ironic. But I do like the new molds..and that's pretty much it.

Thornraxx: Now, I think this set is pretty good, I do like the non-humanoid look and the fact that he/she has some BIONICLE pieces (Gorast's wings!). Oh and, TEAL TEAL TEAL TEAL TEAL. default_laugh_new.gif

Splitface: Thunder remake, I don't like him. He's bleh in both color scheme and design.

Jawblade: Although he reminds me too much of Fangz, I do like this guy. He's a shark and he kinds of looks cool,plus his helmet is kind of scary and I like it, oh and I love the way LEGO designed a lower jaw using Gorast's claw pieces. (Wow, another BIONICLE piece)

Toxic Reapa: He looks like a toad, has trans green pieces, cool helmet. I like him, but I do NOT like the Meltdown look (the canisters on his back). Oh and, dark green flame pieces. <3<3<3<3<3<3

First things first-- I don't see why you mind the feet and helmet of Breez being the 1.0 ones, since most people consider those more feminine than their 2.0 counterparts. Meanwhile, I don't see anything wrong with Breez's color scheme. It seems rather tastefully organized. The red upper leg bones are the only problem I could possibly identify with the color layering and organization.

Also, I think you're bound to be disappointed by Thornraxx. The teal color you're probably expecting, the one from BIONICLE and Rock Raiders, has been discontinued for years, and Thornraxx almost certainly uses the new Dark Azure color introduced this year in Alien Conquest and used abundantly next year in the Friends theme.

And how is Splitface a Thunder remake? Besides the face being slightly similar, there are no similarities at all. You might as well say that Maxilos was a Toa Mata Tahu remake.

Anyway, I wonder if there will be any printed "name badges" in the upcoming wave, or if the only printed parts on the heroes will be the Iron Man torso pieces.

Break...out?

FREAKING LEGO STEALING MY IDEA

I WAS WRITING A STORY OF A PRISON BREAK HF LINE AND I WAS ABOUT TO FINISH IT :cry_sad:

Oh well.

I was never SO EXCITED for a Hero Factory line.

Rocka: FREAKING, UNBELIEVEABLE.

Evo: Love that helmet, a bit too grey though.

Surge: Blue Recolor of the Electric Shield :wub:

Breez: Man that crap doesn't look feminine :sing: But, it's Breez. And I love her.

Furno: FREAKING. TURBINES.

Black Phantom: IT'S FIRE LORD ALL OVER AGAIN. Buuut it's a prototype, so it can differ on the ToyFair.

Thornraxx: Are you kidding me? A FREAKING MOSQUITO? Day one.

Splitface: :oh: Day one. It's like Two-Face but 20% cooler.

Toxic Reapa: Guess he wasn't a hero after all :P Pretty face.

Jawblade: No comments.

Hold on.

Black Phantom = Von Nebula

Toxic Reapa = Meltdown

Splitface = Thunder

Thornraxx = Corroder (somewhat)

Yo dawg, I herd u liekz the 2010 villains, so we give you updated 2010 villains so you can evil while you evil as you evil.

But I fear that these will take a ton to get here, I mean, we just got the 2.0 here >_>

@Aanchir: If that is the case, then I'm only more excited for Thornraxx. I welcome that color being added to the Hero Factory palette. :classic:

Hold on.

Those boxes...

Crap, don't tell me that Hero Factory Heroes 2012 will go on a Transformers Deluxe box :cry_sad:

Doubt it; they look more like a type of bag to me. Looks like they'd be ideal for hanging up on racks at stores or sitting down on shelves. I welcome the change.

Doubt it; they look more like a type of bag to me. Looks like they'd be ideal for hanging up on racks at stores or sitting down on shelves. I welcome the change.

God no.

I hate that decision, I hope they aren't like the Mahri's boxes. I want canisters dammit.

Oh and.

I KNEW Breez turned out familiar.

She is freaking Samus Aran in green!

Doing some translating of the text on the catalog pages; just finished with the heroes.

It speaks of a new online game, Breakout; you purchase heroes or villains and get points that can be applied towards things in that game. It speaks of new functions in the sets, such as the thornax launcher and handcuffs, as well as the new packaging which is designed to "catch the eyes of consumers and provide a better means of presenting the new functions".

Also of note is "Five different missions - each of the heroes battling with a specific villain."

Will translate the villains pages now and amend my post.

EDIT: Villain pages say nothing new. Well then.

Edited by Mesonak

So uhm... What's to say about the 4.0 heroes?

- Upgraded Thornaxmeteorlavaball launchers. Nice detail. But WHY THE HELL IS ROCKA'S LAUNCHER'S LOWER HALF NOT GOLD!?!?!

- No Stormer. Guess that makes Furno the leader.

- Cuffs??? PRISON BREAK!!! :laugh:

- Black Phantom??? Srsly, he's just a skinny black version of Fire Lord. Already owned FL, so NO.

- Why are Surge and Evo still midgets???

- Arrrgh, Evo and Rocka have no melee weapons.

- From the set backgrounds, it seems like each hero will go solo to different areas to catch criminals.

Wait... that means Furno is going underwater. :laugh:

That also means we get: Furno vs. Jawblade, Surge vs. Splitface, Breez vs. Thornraxx (ugh the name), Evo vs. Toxic Reapa and Rocka vs. Black Phantom. Once again, Rocka hogs the big bad boss to himself. :laugh:

Well, maybe I'll get Rocka. Or Surge.

Edited by Phantoka Kopaka Nuva

Wow, really cool sets we're getting here.

Has anybody noticed the transparent red armor piece on Furno' shoulder?

Edited by Darking