#76 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

View Postprateek, on 22 October 2010 - 04:21 AM, said:

Looks like I caused a lot of commotion... :grin:

I didn't realize they did the line skipping for Agents :blush:

Don't worry about it. Speculation is about all there is to talk about anyway, right now.

#77 metalandi

metalandi

Member: 2594

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostBrickenhead-town-dweller, on 22 October 2010 - 01:03 PM, said:

Lego are using artistic license with the pigs in the windmill set. There is a white pig in Denmark, the Landrace, but that's a relatively modern breed. And all white. In medieval Europe it would have been rare to see a white pig. They were still breeding from from wild boar so the pigs looked rough and dirty brown/black or striped with black. mos breeds of pig we know now didn't exist until the 1700's at the earliest.

However, aesthetically, a different breed of pig is good for farm sets and diversity in Lego animals is always good. The dappled grey horse sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures.

Pigs for eating use are beeing held since about 9000 years by the humans.

But is till think this is actually supposed to be a sheep, they just don't have the mold for it ready yet so they put up a white pig on the preliminary thing.

#78 CommanderR

CommanderR

Member: 12585

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:36 AM

View PostgotoAndLego, on 19 October 2010 - 06:25 PM, said:

I think if they were done more like the Creator houses it would be great. I picked up a used Majistos Workshop and it has something like 4 alternates which is impressive for such a humble set.

I agree, it would be nice to have the Creator concept with the different ways to make it.
Sometimes the Creator sets have a bulky look to them, because they have to have very simple pieces to make it easy to cahnge the model around.
So as long as it has the same detail as the first wave, I'm fine with a change around type set.
Lego has made something with the 'changing' concept with the king's castle; where you can change the towers around to make it look different.

#79 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Member: 486

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:53 AM

What's the difference between this and the Kingdoms 2011 topic? Nothing.

So I will merge them...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image Posted Image

#80 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Topic pinned for easy access to keep the conversation going.

View Postbrickartist, on 22 October 2010 - 05:52 PM, said:

I keep on hearing about leaked catalog, does anyone have a link? or site with pics on it, thank you!

The links were taken down quickly by LEGO. Suffice to say that if Kingdoms has any regular release sets we haven't seen them in the first few waves yet. So most likely Kingdoms will show June onwards in 2011. As the others mention, the rest is speculation for now.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#81 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

TLG might also want to keep the current line of Kingdoms in production for more than a single season?
That might explain why we've seen no retailer lists of 2011 sets?
I think they'll push the current sets for as long as possible and then launch the next wave - makes sense to me.
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#82 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

I agree with 'KimT', Lego might want to start building a fan base for this rehashed theme, maybe to tie with other media (tv show/computer game) who knows....only they do ?
So maybe the forestmen will return or elves will put up one day....again only Lego knows.
So far a windmill we might be getting, so we might have to wait until 2012 for anything else new (that would be sad if that was the case).
Keep on wishing ! :sweet:

#83 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

View PostKimT, on 23 October 2010 - 10:52 PM, said:

TLG might also want to keep the current line of Kingdoms in production for more than a single season?
That might explain why we've seen no retailer lists of 2011 sets?
I think they'll push the current sets for as long as possible and then launch the next wave - makes sense to me.
Hmm... I never thought of that. Maybe this is the case, since these sets are supposedly selling well.

#84 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:56 AM

View Postprateek, on 23 October 2010 - 11:05 PM, said:

Hmm... I never thought of that. Maybe this is the case, since these sets are supposedly selling well.
It's one of the most important reasons why TLG doesn't like leaked images months ahead of actual release. It may hurt demand for their current line of sets.

#85 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

Pics of the summer sets have to my knowledge never appeared before Christmas - so we still have to wait minimum two months.

I personally can't imagine that there won't be some new non-exclusive sets in 2011.
When you look at that list mentioned, you can see that it isn't complete: the advent calendars are missing, a possible PotC wave is missing, a very supposably second wave of Pharaoh's Quest is missing and the rumored girls' theme is missing, too.
Even if we won't get some forestmen, I bet that we'll see at least three new non-exclusive Kingdoms sets in summer 2011.

Klaus-Dieter

#86 Lego_Hero

Lego_Hero

Member: 9980

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

You know what I'd like to see? Probably not since you haven't asked me, but I'll tell you anyway. I'd like to see more "sets" with these sets. We get a few minifigs and a building or a vehicle. I'd love to see a big tree or a road scene with highwaymen (bandits). Y'know, some thing to play around. Maybe even make it modular where you can build a forest or town square. I love the set that are out there now, but it hit me that you don't see too many scenes anymore. I thought that was the coolest thing about the Wild West sets.
Two with the lance and with the sword five of the foe he slew.
The Moors are very many. Around him close they drew,
They did not pierce his armor, though they laid on him strokes of power.

-The Lay of the Cid

#87 the teutonic knight

the teutonic knight

• Obsessed with Teutonic Knights

Member: 10233

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

[quote name='Elander' date='08 October 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1286564015' post='828688']
I believe we will see next year some forestman sets (like Robin Hood). This theme would with the actually castle theme to match very well. No big line, just three or four sets. One big set (maybe two trees with treehouses), one middle (for example a ambush set with horse carriage and a tree with two hidden forestmans) and one or two small sets.

I hope so.
The real Teutonic Grand Master

#88 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

I have a theory, but you might not like it. The latest version of LDD includes parts from the upcoming NinjaGo line, along with a large "wing" piece that was not seen in any other 2011 pics before:

Posted Image

Could it be that this is one of the pieces that comprise the blades of the windmill? I could very well imagine that they put some stickers on it, put for of them together, attach it the mill, and call it a day. I hope it's not true, but it seems possible. :sceptic: What do you think?

#89 metalandi

metalandi

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

This could very well be the case, but i don't think that would be too bad. I rather have this, than bad designed brick-built wings. Though, when i think about a lego windmill the first thing that would come to my head is that the wings would be made of that textil material out of which the minifig capes and so on also are made. I would also assume, that that would be cheaper to produce, than a whole new plastic piece. If the set is an exclusive like mmv i doubt they'd use this part as wings, but if the set is a regular playset, it could very well be. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by metalandi, 01 November 2010 - 03:11 AM.

#90 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

That wing piece is a piece in a new Dacta set, called Windmill Power or something like taht.

#91 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Member: 13835

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

I really hope that lego makes this a good one, a real authentic medieval feeling scene with the same shocking detail that came in MMV. It would be really disappointing if kingdoms new factions take a fantasy turn like the crownies, orcs, and skellies.
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#92 metalandi

metalandi

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

I highly doubt they will concentrate on fantasy again (except maybe dragons), caue then why even bother and introduce a whole new line with a new name, factions, etc., wouldn't make much sense.

#93 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on 01 November 2010 - 01:24 AM, said:

I have a theory, but you might not like it. The latest version of LDD includes parts from the upcoming NinjaGo line, along with a large "wing" piece that was not seen in any other 2011 pics before:

Posted Image

Could it be that this is one of the pieces that comprise the blades of the windmill? I could very well imagine that they put some stickers on it, put for of them together, attach it the mill, and call it a day. I hope it's not true, but it seems possible. :sceptic: What do you think?
It's possible, Oky Wan Kenobi.

But since the windmill very supposably will be an AFOL oriented set (like MVV), the wings will for sure made be out of long thin bricks and cloth. And the wings surely will be even longer than the ones to which you refered to in the LDD screenshot.

But it's good that you posted that new "wing piece" together with some of the new bricks in LDD 4. If you put the majority of them together, you can very clearly create a dragon with them. So maybe we'll see a dragon for the dragon knights in 2011 (which would imo be not absurd since they designed small dragons for this year's wave, too).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter, 01 November 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#94 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:46 PM

View PostKlaus-Dieter, on 01 November 2010 - 11:01 PM, said:

But it's good that you posted that new "wing piece" together with some of the new bricks in LDD 4. If you put the majority of them together, you can very clearly create a dragon with them. So maybe we'll see a dragon for the dragon knights in 2011 (which would imo be not absurd since they designed small dragons for this year's wave, too).
I doubt it. The dragon is from the Ice Dragon set in the NinjaGo line and is clearly Chinese themed, so it wouldn't fit in with Kingdoms anyway. And the small dragons weren't made for the Kingdoms line either, they're from Harry Potter. I don't even think they're supposed to be real dragons, just gargoyles and paper weights etc.

#95 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on 02 November 2010 - 09:46 PM, said:

I doubt it. The dragon is from the Ice Dragon set in the NinjaGo line and is clearly Chinese themed, so it wouldn't fit in with Kingdoms anyway. And the small dragons weren't made for the Kingdoms line either, they're from Harry Potter. I don't even think they're supposed to be real dragons, just gargoyles and paper weights etc.
The dark green "baby Norbert" part is used in the tower as gargoyles, but the one from the wizard set I could never work out how that fit the theme if it was a live animal. Never thought of it as a paperweight - you may be right. It is possible however for those NinjaGo dragon pieces to also be used as part of a large battering ram, a la Grond.
Lego is not a dirty word

#96 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

I just want to explain something. I got a Prison Carriage Rescue. And on the last page of instruction there is a pic showing fight between Lions King and... Dragons Leader!
It appears that guy with breastplate from King's Castle is their leader!
Posted Image
(Pic from DaleDVM review)

Edited by Lordofdragonss, 03 November 2010 - 08:16 AM.

High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#97 David Thomsen

David Thomsen

• Heimlich manoeuvre?

Member: 5510

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:44 AM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 03 November 2010 - 08:11 AM, said:

I just want to explain something. I got a Prison Carriage Rescue. And on the last page of instruction there is a pic showing fight between Lions King and... Dragons Leader!
It appears that guy with breastplate from King's Castle is their leader!
I think he's just the highest ranking Dragon knight for the time being. I'm sure mid next year there will be a full sized Dragon building, with maybe a full sized Dragon king and a full sized Dragon dragon.

I should have visited this thread a long time ago. A Kingdoms windmill for 2011??? This promises to be fantastic. Just wish there was a little more information about it... I do hope it has brick-built sails instead of those one-piece ones though. Although if they used those, it might actually turn if you put it in a breeze... fortunately I live in Wellington, and anything will turn in a 'breeze'.

Why do the Dragon knights and the Lion knights both have crossbows, but neither side has any bows? I wonder if they're reserved for the Forestmen faction...

Edited by David Thomsen, 03 November 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#98 Jargo

Jargo

Member: 10639

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Windmills have 'sails' not wings. :laugh: Best part to use would be the tapered rigging from the pirates theme with cloth sails attached. Wonder if there'll be a flour sack accessory? Tan or dark tan. A sack would be useful in pirates, farm, castle, town greengrocer....

#99 KristofBD

KristofBD

Member: 6258

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Good point about the sack :thumbup: It seems like the windmill could be a treasure of interesting parts.  I'm confident that TLG put as much effort in this set as the MMV, so I'm pretty excited about what the result will be!  :cry_happy:
Trouble is brewing...
                                                           Posted Image

#100 Captain Becker

Captain Becker

• Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

View PostKristofBD, on 03 November 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

Good point about the sack :thumbup: It seems like the windmill could be a treasure of interesting parts.  I'm confident that TLG put as much effort in this set as the MMV, so I'm pretty excited about what the result will be!  :cry_happy:
Totally agree, there will be POTC, This windmill and so many good sets in 2011 at i can get them all :cry_sad: And i really would like to get all those cool sets, but i put the blame halfly on me and halfly on TGL. I Spend too much on this year, and TGL Prices are so high here in Finland. Spend over 1000 euros and even more thats for sure.

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users