Sign in to follow this  
Risgrynsgrot

Flesh Pirate Crews..

Hi! I'm just wondering if you guys got any tips on what parts you use for your flesh pirate crews (there's bound to be some that likes flesh over yellow)

I'm having a hard time finding fitting torsos since so many pirate torsos have skin showing and thus there's yellow on them. So what torsos are you guys using?

I try to avoid skin tones myself, but they had an entire pirates theme made with flesh tones - Pirates of the Caribbean.

If you are opting to go for a more "earth tones" realistic PotC type crew, as opposed to the classic striped shirt look, then there are tons of great flesh torsos to choose from.

Obviously start with the PotC Minifigs, which offer a broad range of figs.

Prince of Persia has some great parts.

Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit have great torso's. Especially the ones that aren't wearing any obvious mail armor. I particularly like some of the Dwarf outfits from the Hobbit. They have a nice assortment of colors and you rarely recognize the torso prints as they are covered by beards on most.

Harry Potter, a small number of HP torso's work well. Mainly the folk in more classical Wizarding World dress like Fenrir Greybeard or Sirius Black.

Edited by Faefrost

Thank you for the great answer! The reason I'm looking for flesh pirates is because I'm trying to fill out the pirates on the Queen Anne's Revenge! I've looked a bit on PotC, but I don't want to use certain torsos too much..

I'm going to look into Prince of Persia, and great tips on LotR/Hobbit, I wouldn't even consider that!

The Hobbit torsos are great because they all come with waistcoats and jackets. One of the Lone ranger torsos from the stagecoach is good too. The collar is messed up so you cant tell that its turn down and he has an ascot. I havent used it myself yet, but the Series 4 Sailor minifigure's torso is a lot like ones used by American and Commonwealth sailors from the 19th century on, possibly earlier. The henchman from Ambush in Cairo and chief guard in Temple of Doom from the Indiana Jones theme also have good torsos.

Thank you for the great answer! The reason I'm looking for flesh pirates is because I'm trying to fill out the pirates on the Queen Anne's Revenge! I've looked a bit on PotC, but I don't want to use certain torsos too much..

I'm going to look into Prince of Persia, and great tips on LotR/Hobbit, I wouldn't even consider that!

Weirdly enough from LotR and the Hobbit it is the short figs that mostly work well for Pirates. The Hobbit torso's, Frodo, Merry Pippin, Sam and Bilbo make great civilians or merchantmen. Frodo and Bilbo also each have 1 casual torso with just shirt and suspenders that are great. The Dwarves have a lot of broad belts and leather work and make decent Pirates. If you are going to match some of the QAR crew, then the Gundabad Orc's have similar flesh tones to the Zombie figures that come in the sets. The PoP figs and parts can add a bit of a more exotic middle eastern flair to a crew that looks good in a mixed pack of pirates.