darkrebellion

How do you keep your Star Wars collection?

Hi, I am just looking at my collection and then become curious by something. How do you keep your collection? I know the question sounds strange but with this I am refering to things like, some special display, a room proper to your collection or if you keep it all around your house :thumbup: . From my part I have an special room (Before a little office :wink: ) and there I have some shelves and a big mural along all the wall made up of all my boxes (Obiously they are not glue from each other or to the wall :laugh: ) I just think that is a creative way to keep the boxes and do some decoration with them :sweet: .

Edited by darkrebellion

Well since I still live at home, I have it in my room. My collection was recently destroyed by my 9 year old sister, so I have pretty much had to start all over. It wasn't to big, so I don't have have many shelves, but I will be getting more soon for the new 2009 sets. I have a loft bed with shelves under it so part of my collection is on those, the rest is on my dresser. My dresser consists of my Clone Wars stuff, and shelves are all other. Since my dresser is preety full, and I plan on getting most, if not all of the 2009 Star Wars, Castle, and Pirates sets in multiples so I will need some book shelves. Does any one know of anywhere in the US where I can get a book shelf or two cheap.

Edit: I found an old bookdhelf in the garage that was full of junk, so I cleaned it out. My Republic is on the top shelf. The second from the top has my CIS forces, and the third from the top has my OT stuff. The bottom shelf is currently empty and don't know what'll be put on it.

Edited by Justin2224

Well actually I have taken over half my basement with my lego collection, and i have a pretty big basement =] However they're not exactly all displayed, since i do quite a bit of playing with them =] Most of them are on tables or planks of wood being held up by TV trays (sounds stupid right? Well it works pretty well) lets see if i can get a few pictures up...

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

and I also have an armoir with all my Sith stuff and a book shelf with some random peices, well hope this helps, sorry for the non perfect picture quality.

and I also have an armoir with all my Sith stuff and a book shelf with some random peices, well hope this helps, sorry for the non perfect picture quality.

No problem Matteo Kenobi :thumbup::wink: . Actually your display is pretty good and it seems like you have plenty of space (Something that is a good thing like a collector :laugh: ). Your display sounds good too Justin2224, I have my collection in my room too some time ago (Not so much time I convince my parents to leave me the office around May of this year :laugh: ). I hope I can post pics of my collection and two MOCs I have later (I can

Edited by darkrebellion

I have a bunch of ships hanging from the ceiling, some on shelves, and some on the floor. I don't have any real good pictures of the collection, but when I do, I'll put em up somewhere so you can witness my nerdiosity.

I mainly put them on the shelves and either put the figures in front of the set or if it is a ship or walker I put them into the set.

I've been struggling with space for awhile. I leave stuff on display for a little while, then put them in ziplock bags and put them away for the next one. Though now I am only interested in buying items for my dioramas, which will cut back on the necessity for space. Having enough space to set up a diorama though is another story

All SW goes on top of my dresser. I like to rearrange the sets every once in a while, but usually the CIS is on one side and Republic on another. All the SW figs go on a base plate front and center. As for OT, I don't have many sets of that, so they go wherever they fit.

On shelf’s soon to change to a table top layout it was easier when there were only 13 sets but shelf space limits what you can do. in terms of a layout I hope to have pics of it soon. :thumbup:

Disassembled, I'm not a display person, I keep stuff around for maybe a week then it gets recycled.

'Cept for my Green AT-TE and RGS, their too cool to kill.

I put it on various shelves and dressers, big playsets go under the bed. Smaller sets or useful sets go on display for a week, then get broken up into my parts bin. I keep all the instructions and boxes incase I was ever to sell them or rebuild them.

Its pretty complex, but works kinda well.

How do you keep your collection?

In loads of storage boxes, each one for different theme.

My Star Wars now deserves 3 boxes though - (1 Original Trilogy, 1 Separatists, 1 Republic)

In each storage box, sets are kept the best as possible and instructions are included, if the sets are broken.

Most of my sets are apart. I have this 3 5 bin sorter but i sort all the flats,angle,2x4 etc..

I was young and reckless back then but now i keep them on shelves and tables together. Also used to buy the lego packs with like a 1000 legos.It's good for me because i like to create stuff.

But one day i get out the ole instruction book box and build all of them.

Displayed on the floor near my bed. :blush: It's arranged by scenes with the largest being the Battle of Kashyyyk. And as long as I don't have to open any curtains, I don't run the risk of destroying it. :wink:

I ave a small table at the side of my bed.I keep all my important ships that I like and some minifigs.I put the remaining lego collection on a shelf.But I am thinking of buying some shelves to make it easier for me to find parts because many of my lego sets are dismantled except for the star wars sets! :cry_happy:

We keep most of the sets and MOCs in boxes. We have a dedicated LEGO room but we also have some sets in the attic I'm afraid.

Well, for my LEGO that I use to build MOCs, I have them all in bins sorted by color. Then where I keep my built LEGO sets (mostly Star Wars) I have 3 shelves in my room that I pu them on, then some on my nightstand and some more on my dresser.

I also have a large shelf in my closet on the top where I put my old sets after I get new ones, or where I put sets when I rearange my collection. I am getting ready to make my room Clone Wars sets only, so I'll put all my OT sets in my closet for now. Which will also give me a chance to dust them all off.

Edited by Kynergy

I'm buying two sets that I've always wanted and then I predict a Dark Age. I'll put them beside my bed for maybe a year and keep the boxes/instructions, then put them away to take out 50 years later and be obsessed (plus sell it on EBAY2065).

Sadly I don't have the space to let my collection be on display :thumbdown:

So normally I built a set and put it on display for a while, then it's disassembled and put into a zip-lock bag and stored in the attic. This goes only for my Star Wars and Space collection. Everything else (minus Castle) is disassembled and put into my brick storage (several boxes sorted by brick type). Castle is kept together in a box, but not stored in the attic.

Pictures of the current displays and random shots can be found in my BS folder.

All SW goes on top of my dresser. I like to rearrange the sets every once in a while, but usually the CIS is on one side and Republic on another. All the SW figs go on a base plate front and center. As for OT, I don't have many sets of that, so they go wherever they fit.

The same goes for me: CW sets go on the dresser in my room with a baseplate in the middle with all clones and droids and some Jedi & Sith set up in a battle scene; OT sets go in my lego closet and wherever else they fit. Some of the sets that have useful parts and that I have had lying around for a while get disassembled to make room for new sets.

What is my lego closet you ask? It's a little storage closet opposite to my room that is made up almost entirely of large shelves which my parents were so kind to let me use to store my lego. So, the lower third of the shelves is packed with brick buckets and sorting cases and the rest is storage space for any MOCs and sets that I can't part with (yet).

Right now, though, the top of my dresser looks kinda empty since I used most of my CW stuff in my bignette entry for the CW building contest which stored away in the Lego closet.

BTW, my dresser is black, so it's very fitting for SW lego, especially ships!

I keep mine on my windowstill and under my piano.[ Normally ]

The Republic and Rebellion are on my windowstill and my Sepratists and Empire are under the piano.

But i am currently doing two dioramas with my models , Clone wars and galactic civil war so i have reuined my arrangments but the dioramas are cool so who cares? :tongue:

How do I keep my Star Wars Collection?

By fighting off those who try to take it away from me.

Thank goodness for the right to Bear(sic) Arms!

They're always after my lucky char....er, Star Wars collection.

On a more serious note. Star Wars is really the only sets that I keep together for a long period of time. Its because I keep sets together until the theme moves on and Star Wars just keeps going.

So, as it keeps going, I have slowly filled up shelves in the basement. Organized along army lines (Imperials, Clone Armies, Rebel Armies, etc.)

You can see most of my Imperial army in this picture...and the basement sans shelfs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14802561@N05/1676054365/

I should get a couple pics of the shelves.

or...not.

-Tohst

I have four 3 foot long shelves above my building area. About two thirds of this space is for sets that I haven't required the parts from and disassembled yet. I pride myself on being someone who doesn't tend to save kits, but rather disassembles them and sorts them into my collection. However recently some of the Star wars kits have held on for 6 months of more. The MTT, Anakin fighter, Republic cruiser, and Y wing among others have all managed to keep their spaces on the shelves.

I just can't bring myself to disassemble them.

Yet.

Edited by Eilif