Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

BrickArms 2012: M16 Variants and M110 Sniper Rifle

BrickArms starts out 2012 with a release of accessories all based on variants of that icon of modern warfare: the M16!

6728443691_66256fb1fb_z.jpg

Included in this release:

M16

6728396143_78e59b1b18_m.jpg6728396003_1046f9fe0b_m.jpg

M16-AGL (Advanced Grenade Launcher) with ACOG scope and M203 Grenade Launcher

6728386719_e64afaf803_m.jpg

M16-DBR (Door Breaching) with breaching shotgun attachment

6728386643_060b4b9ddc_m.jpg6728386553_59d7655a9d_m.jpg

M110 Sniper Rifle

6728386421_5be648bd10_m.jpg

All of these accessories are now currently available from all official BrickArms resellers.

Look for more releases from BrickArms as 2012 continues!

Exciting releases! Among them all, the M16 or AR15 equivalent (without the forward button or whatever to push the bullet forward) is my favourite design. Reminds me of army memories. :laugh:

The M16-AGL, without the scope will be more ideal to me, as it will fit nicely as 'M203'.

Thanks badger for sharing the news with us.

Great news from BA!

I really like those M16 variants; they add diversity to the armies. :thumbup:

Nice!

I'd like to see some P90s finally, so I can start working on my Stargate diorama.

That'd be cool but I can't figure how a minifig would hold it and it still retain the P90 shape ) :

That'd be cool but I can't figure how a minifig would hold it and it still retain the P90 shape ) :

Yeah, that would be tricky.. perhaps it should have an inserted hole shaped like the hand of the minifigs at the inner side of the weapon... kinda like the one at the bottom of parrots.

Edited by Renthicya

Very nice looking rifles. Always nice to see more and more options available.

Exciting releases! Among them all, the M16 or AR15 equivalent (without the forward button or whatever to push the bullet forward) is my favourite design.

It's called the "forward assist" in case you were curious.

I like the idea of the variants but I'm sure people are anticipating items that have been in the 'prototyping' stage for at least a year now whereas every release a new US Weapon gets released that not many people really asked for to be made and did not seem needed. Like the Kar98k, Mosin Nagant and DP28, They're needed. Variants of the M16 can be made by customising pieces and sticking them on previous M4s :laugh:

I like the idea of the variants but I'm sure people are anticipating items that have been in the 'prototyping' stage for at least a year

When I said "Look for more releases from BrickArms as 2012 continues!" above, I meant it; Will currently has many projects in development, including items that the community has been anticipating . . . and more than a few fun surprises as well!

There are a few reasons why these accessories went from prototype to production so quickly, not least of which is the fact Will designed this production mold himself and worked with a new US tooler that had the mold cut and ready for production runs in record time. However, while that mold was being cut, other production molds were also in development, and Will continues to work with his tooler and molder preparing for future releases as well designing new accessories.

I'm going to assume by "people are anticipating items that have been in the 'prototyping' stage for at least a year", you meant "I'm still personally very interested in seeing the BrickArms Kar98 as a mass produced item." In that case, this news might interest you ;)

Edited by the enigma that is badger

These look amazing! Here's my opinions:

M110:Finally! Unlike the HCSR, this sniper rifle is more "Silently take out guards", than "Blast everyone in a two feet radius while I hide in my sniper nest".

M16:This one may be plain, but it's rife for attachments! the perfect one for those who like their M16s to be unique.

M16 AGL:Forget the AK and the M4...this is the true soldier's weapon! Perfect for any military faction.

M16 DBR:My favourite of the lot, the undermounted shotgun rips through hinges, terrorists and zombies alike.

Keep up the good work, and I hope to see the M60 and RPD soon! :thumbup:

Edited by has a differing opinion

Yay! I actually picked up the new production weapons and, having those and the prototypes, they look and feel exactly the same! Will is just getting better and better with every new release!

having those and the prototypes, they look and feel exactly the same! Will is just getting better and better with every new release!

Glad you like everything! As for the shrinking differences in crispness and detail between BrickArms prototypes and production items, Will invested in a more precise CNC machine awhile back, and combined with a mechanical injector, he's able to cut and cleanly-inject some truly precise prototype molds.