Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

[MOC] Centaur

You usually come up with interesting piece usages. I wonder if maybe the front would work with a 1x2 curved slope instead of just a 1x2 tile? I don't know if the 1x2 baby slopes come in red-brown, but it might flow a bit better there. I don't particularly care for the cheese slope on the back, but the rest seems to work pretty well for scaling purposes. Technically the horse body may be a bit small compared to a "real" centaur, but for LEGO, this works.

Nice one, are those the legs from the CMF faun?

Yes they are.

You usually come up with interesting piece usages. I wonder if maybe the front would work with a 1x2 curved slope instead of just a 1x2 tile? I don't know if the 1x2 baby slopes come in red-brown, but it might flow a bit better there. I don't particularly care for the cheese slope on the back, but the rest seems to work pretty well for scaling purposes. Technically the horse body may be a bit small compared to a "real" centaur, but for LEGO, this works.

There's no 1x2 that curves both ways and tried it going up but the body will not be aligned. So got stuck with this for the meantime.

AC

For those who are not true purists, I believe http://brickforge.com is still selling centaur bodies with weapons and armor, if you want an aesthetically better centaur. :devil:

That would be too easy! :D

This had to happen eventually, didn't it? :laugh:

Nice work.

Somebody had to do it!

Oh man... this works out sooo nicely!!!! :wub::thumbup:

Got to find more Fauns.

AC

I knew this was coming, but not that it would be so good! Love it, do you mind if I borrow it?

I knew this was coming, but not that it would be so good! Love it, do you mind if I borrow it?

Get crazy with it as you're not the only one doing it.

AC

Awesome, well done. I've always liked the Brickforge one but that one had no poseability whatsoever. Which isn't always needed, but I'd rather be able to make it stand in various ways, like you can do with this one. So - great job!

Get crazy with it as you're not the only one doing it.

AC

I need fauns! More fauns! :wink:

Great centaur !

I find myself the faun CMF inspiring to build some other creatures. I should try to finish my idea, but I need more faun too !

Awesome, well done. I've always liked the Brickforge one but that one had no poseability whatsoever. Which isn't always needed, but I'd rather be able to make it stand in various ways, like you can do with this one. So - great job!

Don't have that so got to make my own.

I need fauns! More fauns! :wink:

Great centaur !

I find myself the faun CMF inspiring to build some other creatures. I should try to finish my idea, but I need more faun too !

Better get them while you can as they're already disappearing from the stores.

AC