Sign in to follow this  
ElPirata

A.N.V. White Rose

[pid][/pid] 122B

I finally finished her over the holidays & at last got around to posting her pix. Pardon my "studio" if ya wanna call it that. I removed her 6 large cannons and finally buckled and went for putting on 10 small cannons, as well, I took out the curved hull and rebuilt the hull itself in black white and gray. Also miniaturized her bow cannon to get it closer to "minifig scale" Anyways, here are her pictures...

0105110326.jpg

0105110326a.jpg

0105110327.jpg

0105110327a.jpg

0105110328.jpg

0105110328a.jpg

0105110328b.jpg

0105110329.jpg

0105110329a.jpg

0105110329b.jpg

0105110338.jpg

0105110338a.jpg

0105110339.jpg

0105110338b.jpg

Oh, and By the way, White Rose is a Blue Coat ship. In case anyone was wondering...

That's a rather good ship :thumbup:

I like the stern and the rigging looks good. The bow chasers are also nice. How did you make them? something with tires?

But there is also some room for improvement. I would remove the yard on the bottom of each mast (ships didn't have that).

Perhaps you can also change the red slopes (leading to the figurehead) into brown ones. Red seems a little out of place.

And finally, you could try to change the 'ropes' to the crow's nests a little because now they aren't attached to the hull and they seem to long.

Still, a nice and promising ship. Well done so far :pir-classic:

That's a rather good ship :thumbup:

I like the stern and the rigging looks good. The bow chasers are also nice. How did you make them? something with tires?

But there is also some room for improvement. I would remove the yard on the bottom of each mast (ships didn't have that).

Perhaps you can also change the red slopes (leading to the figurehead) into brown ones. Red seems a little out of place.

And finally, you could try to change the 'ropes' to the crow's nests a little because now they aren't attached to the hull and they seem to long.

Still, a nice and promising ship. Well done so far :pir-classic:

Thank you :) Now that you mention it, the red on the bow does seem a bit...awkward...I'll see if I can find some brown, black or gray plates to replace the red. And I am aware that the ships didn't have the bottom yard, I just added them in so I could have a full set of sails. But thanks man for the feedback. Oh yea, the bow chasers...I'll put up a pic of it deconstructed in just a sec

Here's the best pic I could get of the whole cannon design...for some reason it's only allowing me one picture per post. Not sure why

post-9388-129426109571.jpg

Edited by ElPirata

looks good, maybe try to adjust the sails/ and yard arms a bit the main sail (bottom) should be the biggest and they get smaller as you go up the mast, not a biggy but will look heaps better IMO.

your first ship?

looks good, maybe try to adjust the sails/ and yard arms a bit the main sail (bottom) should be the biggest and they get smaller as you go up the mast, not a biggy but will look heaps better IMO.

your first ship?

Yep. Hopefully soon I'll get enough moneys to buy parts to start building a frigate. Update: I did take out the bottom yardarms, along with editing the canvas sail to still look like a functioning sail even without the yard(tied a bit of string to the bottom of the sail to make it look like its catching wind). & replaced the red bricks with gray...except for the keel because I only have those bricks in Red. New pix to come later, till then ttfn

Here's the best pic I could get of the whole cannon design...for some reason it's only allowing me one picture per post. Not sure why
You can add more pictures by deeplinking them. Here's a tutorial.

Hopefully soon I'll get enough moneys to buy parts to start building a frigate. Update: I did take out the bottom yardarms, along with editing the canvas sail to still look like a functioning sail even without the yard(tied a bit of string to the bottom of the sail to make it look like its catching wind). & replaced the red bricks with gray...except for the keel because I only have those bricks in Red. New pix to come later, till then ttfn

Sounds promising. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Nice ship ElPirata!!!

I can only point out that (If you wanted it to be exactly like a ship back then.) Make the rudder brown. :pir-sceptic:

But I think the white fits in nicely.

Great job on this and I am looking forward to see the finished pics. :thumbup:

Lt.GB

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead