I remember the good ól days when the artic technic sets came out :wub:

With those lovely technic posable figures.

They probably discontinued making them because of the cost, or maybe even lack of interest.

But i'd like to know how many people do like them and want to see a return of the Lego Technic Action Multiposable Figure.

I love them, i do, i did when i was a kid and i love them still, for me it brings a little more life to a model when it has a driver/operator in the drivers seat.

Wo likes them, who dispises them, that's what i'd like to know :grin:

(And how do i create a poll?)

I generally loathe actual minifigures for whatever reason (probably because I am technic fan). That being said I recently undertook collecting all of the Technic minifigures with their accurate accessories. No supprise that the 8457 "power puller driver" was by far the most expensive.

I think they are fantastic though. I tend to put them in ...interesting... positions on display in my office just for the humor.

I definitely think they should return. Not necessarily Technic figures, but anything with similar posability and human-ness. I have always disliked the minifig for simple lack of posability due to the proportions being way off. Anything with minifigs in them looks odd because it has to fit the minifig. I understand the minifig is "symbolic" but I personally don't really care for their symbolic value. And I have always liked the technic figure for having more or less correct human proportions and joints that have acceptable movement possibilities.

I don't care for the holes in their legs though. These as far as I know serve no purpose.

The scale of the Technic figures was OK as well. Wouldn't care if they were even bigger though.

Also they should have females as well. I think all Technic figures were too "alike".

It's time for a whole new range of figures, if you ask me :)

I love the Technic figures. All the posability is just great. I do wish there were at least one female though.

It's time for a whole new range of figures, if you ask me :)

Sounds like you would like the Belville figures (very well proportioned and very posable) and maybe even the Friends minidolls.

I would love to have those again, like that pack of three generic looking guys, oh the nostalgia!

Edited by allanp

@ BasOne: You can create a Poll when you do an original topic. It's too late now that you've started this topic, but you can try next time.

This Building Bricks Compared webpage has some interesting groupings of Lego figures: "From left: Life on Mars (y2000), standard minifig, Fabuland (c.1980), Jack Stone (y2001), Technic fig; Young Apatosaurus in back":

compare-fig-01a.jpg

@ BasOne: You can create a Poll when you do an original topic. It's too late now that you've started this topic, but you can try next time.

This Building Bricks Compared webpage has some interesting groupings of Lego figures: "From left: Life on Mars (y2000), standard minifig, Fabuland (c.1980), Jack Stone (y2001), Technic fig; Young Apatosaurus in back":

compare-fig-01a.jpg

It's almost like the Fellowship of the Ring with Saurus

Edited by Lipko

I would love to see the Technic figures again. I only have two :sad:

smartlego posted this image on his Flickr photostream. From left to right, the figures are "duplo, minifig, duplo bricks, fabuland, Jack Stone, technic, very old bricks, knight and bionicle":

4087449030_ac5977458c_o.jpg

I would love to see the Technic figures again. I only have two :sad:

dannyboysd40 has them all almost all of them! See his Brickshelf gallery for pictures of each individual one.

100_0557.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Wow! The photo from Dannyboys is SO cool! I love it!

I'd definately like to see the technic figures back! I've always loved them for some reason. I guess if i try to explain it, it would be that i like to put a driver in a r-c car for example and such ...

I also really like the way their hands, elbows hips, knees and ankles moved. As a kid, i remember playing with them a lot, like i was playing with an action-figure of some sort.

I'd be happy to see them return once again.

The only think i'd say i'm a little bit disappointed with is that most of their faces are pretty similar. Same goes for the hair-do - mostly black & old brown.

Everything else doesn't seem to need any changing, at least to my taste.

Great topic!

For the sake of being "that guy" and because I just collected all of them.

There are a few things missing. Number one I think hes missing the Scuba guy with mask and tank from 8250. Also, a couple of his skiers should have yellow skis and red skis/poles.

Other than that...looking good.

Edit: Ok, hes not missing the scuba guy...but the scuba guy is missing his mask and tank.

Edited by nychase

Looks like there just standing there thinking "where the hell are all the women at?!"

Caption contest anyone? :laugh:

Looks like there just standing there thinking "where the hell are all the women at?!"

Caption contest anyone? :laugh:

That's quite a crowd in dannyboysd40s photo there, I only own the blue fella with the shades on and the black mx style helmet and blue roost plate (now missing somewhere) and a creepy decapitated artic explorer...

I'd definately like them to make a return appearance but they belong to a different era of studded technic, there aren't any models built at that scale anymore with the compatible seats... :hmpf:

I only have one lonesome Technic fig. This is one that is left over from my childhood, and I seem to remember my brother having a few too, but I have no idea where they would be now.

I'd love to see some more Technic figs released again. I think they really help to give some 'personality' to the Technic line.

:cry_happy: As a certified Technic Figure lover I want to participate in this tread.

The technic woman.... :sceptic: It's a need if the TF return, the only related thing I've found was that: (TD BLOG LINK)

TecGal02.jpgTecGalA01.gif

This two images from a Japanese web and of the 2000 year...

Link

A 3d made virtual TF girl with the tech012 pattern

Here my collection, now it's bigger..

I have almost the complete collection, I need the tech011 and when it's completed I want to make a technic directory and upload new photos to BL and Brickset

Here it is:

cimg1674c.jpg

From the 6th Hispalug meeting at Madrid :laugh: With almost all them.

Another shots...

dscn0357i.jpg

The rare one with swapped colors:

dscn9979c.jpg

And the pattent:

oXKbl.gif

And lot of technic figures videos and mocs at my blog With "figure" label

Edited by parda

Wow... that's a lot of figs...

I have around 10, and most of the artic kind...

I had a few of these :tongue:

8620-1.1140398958.thumb2.jpg

Got the scuba guy from the sub 8250, and some others..

Hahaha Awesome

worshippy.gif

And the power suit is incredible.

You sir are awesome :grin:

Edited by BasOne

AVCampos81 used many posable Lego Technic Figures in his

showing a "LEGO Technic desert race layout. Each buggy has rear solid axle suspension, differential connected to a V4 engine, steering and front pendular axle. The TV van has steering (Hand of God and at the driver's seat), rear differential, V6 engine, and tiltable/rotatable satellite dish."

I got around 10 or so, various colors. But mostly are dismembered; the upper legs make great hoverbike parts. :sweet:

They should revamp them; add a female, maybe a kid version as well.

Edited by -zenn

They should revamp them; add a female, maybe a kid version as well.

To make a funny kid version nothing better than attach a technic figure head to fabuland body...

CsFrq.jpg

0b7ql.jpg

Also you can attach fabuland heads to TF's bodys...

IMG_3135.jpg

DCP_6060.JPG

Edited by parda