Fires-storm

The Spanish War Caravel, Revolution

Forget the blurry and darkness it's the size of the pics that makes them un see-able. You need to re-size them :pir-wink:

Welcome to EB by the way :pir-classic:

Edited by Ratshot

You are aware that these images are 75 x 75 pixels in size right? As much as I tried, I couldn't for the life of me make out what they were of. Please provide us with bigger images so we can see your ship! :pir-cry_sad:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I updated your post with the full-size photos, and deeplinked them. You seemed to have used the thumbnails from Flickr - you need to remove the _s from before the .jpg to get them full size :wink:

If you need any help with deeplinking/posting pics etc, there's a range of tutorials here.

I like what you've got going here, building up the Armada Flagship hull in bricks. The macaroni bricks on the focastle is also neat.

I'd recommend you go with rigging from the side of the ship up to the mast, rather than from the deck itself - rotate it 90'. Although that type of rigging did exist, it was much more common to attach the ratlines to the edge of the ship.

Sorry mates, had no idea it was tiny, but thanks so so SO much for re-making it for me! and will do, just waiting to get the other rat bridge, lol^^ thanks for the tip^^ and the welcomes :pir_laugh2:

I would lower the top deck a little to make the over all hull sit lower in the water. Other than that, it looks good. Just needs some mod and final touches.

Good Job and welcome! You will find this site to be a resource like non other. As long as you continue to post and use the critic people give you, you will become an expert in no time. Consider this a LEGO school. Don't be afraid to ask for help from guys like Zuloo, Ratshot, Owl (whichever he happens to be at the time, I like NightOwl from the Watchmen the best), or Zorro for help. They are GREAT resources.

-martinsuper

Hmmm, it looks like it's cool, but those pictures are so dark. Any chance you could retake them with a flash or in some sunlight?

I would lower the top deck a little to make the over all hull sit lower in the water. Other than that, it looks good. Just needs some mod and final touches.

Good Job and welcome! You will find this site to be a resource like non other. As long as you continue to post and use the critic people give you, you will become an expert in no time. Consider this a LEGO school. Don't be afraid to ask for help from guys like Zuloo, Ratshot, Owl (whichever he happens to be at the time, I like NightOwl from the Watchmen the best), or Zorro for help. They are GREAT resources.

-martinsuper

Thanks a ton for the welcomes guys^^ and yes, I'll definitely use the resources anyone is able to give me, I need a lot of schooling, lol :pir_laugh2:

Also i will try to take some brighter pictures at some point, maybe when its not 28-30 degrees out :pir-tongue:

As to the height....would you say lowering it to around 4 bricks high at top deck would be good? its current height is 5.

Welcome to EB! I love the ship now that I can see it properly :pir_laugh2: as some others have said, perhaps you can lower the whole thing by a brick or two to make it sit a little lower, and perhaps add some more blue to the top for a trim so it isnt too white. But great ship, I enjoy it.

Will do, I'm thinking of making the brick line close to the top blue, lowering the entire thing by a brick, and trimming it out like that^^ and thanks for the welcome :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Fires-storm

Some new pics of the Caravel, heres hoping this works....

4294769422_6472774419_m.jpg

4294017963_7b2ba77453_m.jpg

4294018887_64e14ec1c4_m.jpg

4294028725_6ebee67b8d_m.jpg

4294772288_3409a59101_m.jpg

4294772966_6d81363ed0_m.jpg

Sweet it actually worked :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Fires-storm

Thanks for the new pictures, they are much brighter. Perhaps you can edit them in your first post as well?

Your Spanish ship looks great. Thanks for sharing :thumbup: .

thanks for the compliment, and maybe, but I think I'll just leave em down here, not sure yet though^^"

Thanks curtis, glad you like it^^ I actually modded it a bit more, tossed on some rigging, got the second rat bridge, and added two more crew:P(rigging is kinda sparse though) My next work is I'm going to start building up the American fleet to be a contender here :pir_laugh2:

A few updated pics of my caravel, including some work on the side, the now TWO rat bridges, and the three soldiers for missions away from the ship :pir_laugh2:

0V1NPXYDX9.jpg

2HWZW1WTS5.jpg

RFUVQVON6A.jpg