FGRaptor

Hello from Germany and the UK! My name is Alex!

Hello, I'm Alex. A 22 years old AFOL. When I first read about people's dark ages I wasn't sure what was going on, but reading into the Lego jargon I found out it's the time you don't play with Lego. Well, sadly I had such a time too. I literally came out of mine a few weeks ago. I stumbled upon some youtube Lego reviews and just seeing how far Lego had come in terms of minifigure and set detail, qualitiy and features reignited my passion for it. I think I stopped in about 2002, so 10 years of dark ages.

Most of my passion in that time went towards writing fiction and video games, which coincidentally is what I'm studying right now. Games Design and Creative Writing in West London, UK. I really enjoy the course and learned a lot about writing and video games. I started writing my first novel last month, which is about 2/3 done. No games released yet, but I aim for 1 or 2 to be released before Christmas actually.

So yeah. More on Lego. I don't remember when I started exactly. I've been going through sets I own and the oldest date back to about 1995. Not sure if they came out at the same time in Germany, but that's the date I got. I'm mostly interested in the sci-fi and fantasy sets, mostly Star Wars, Space and Adventurers. Recently I set my eyes on the LotR sets but I got no money for them. Also looking forward to the new Castle sets. I always wanted those, but I never got them in my childhood because I got Star Wars instead.

I think that's about it. Looking forward to some more years of fun with Lego and I hope for some enjoyable time here as well.

Hi Alex!

Welcome to Eurobricks. Look around and whenever you have a question don't hesitate to ask me.

LotR is a good start again, but not the cheapest series.

Have fun!