Sign in to follow this  
corsair

Golden Falcon

thindexedgif.gif 40b

This is my first posting of a MOC, it is not my first MOC, just my first posting. It is a brig that has eight cannons total. It has two cabins in the stern, one for the captain and one for the first mate, or it could they could be for the admiral and the captain respectively. Please give me feed back on the ship, it will be much appreciated.

full4.jpg

Full Shot

quarterdeck1.jpg

Quarterdeck, shows binnacle and wheel

taking_in_sail1.jpg

Sailors Taking In Sail

Here is the rest of the pictures in my brickshelf folder

Golden Falcon

Arrrrrrrrr haaaaaaaaa! It's the Caribbean Clipper the way it should be!

I always thought the Caribbean Clipper would look better with a second sail because the mast at the back seems a little excessive for just the rigging.

I do believe a ship similar in appearance called the Ironram can be found on the final page of each of the books in the Ladybird Book Series...

That's a decent looking ship mate! *y*

You could put in more cannons, filling the white stripe with them.

And put on a front castle, now the stern looks a bit high IMO.

Just my 2 cents..

I, personally, am a fan of minifig sized ships. I have built one m yself that has two gun decks and 14 guns. It only has one cabin, which is used for extra storage.

Once I can get some time I'll get it reassembled and get some pics up. It is also a brig, but pirate, not imperial.

This one is really fantastic though. People can build their huge scale ships, but they'll never have any fun playing with them.

Great work.

I know it would look better with more cannons, definitely aft of the last cannon. I also love the idea of chasers on the forecastle. But I did not have enough cannons to do so and that is also under the deck where the sentries stand, and when I was building I couldn't quite make it work. But it is a good idea for when I go back and modify it with improvements.

Yes and no Mr Phes, I wanted golden in some part of the name because of the "gold" I used around the stern and I wanted it to be an animal as well. So with the continued use of the Caribbean Clipper's figurehead I decided to use falcon, but the golden part was not because of the bird.

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a golden bird like that produced by The LEGO Group?

Don't see it happening any time in the near future so I wonder if some spray paint would do the job?

*y* *sweet*

I really like the ladder down the side of the ship and how you've used the useless hole in the prow to run the anchor cable through.

I think this is the first ship I've seen with a bed in it!

The poop deck is nicely done, although turning the top of the yellow wall into railings would look nice, IMHO...

The first picture is slightly misleading, with the RMS Titanic written in the background! :-P This is made up for by the innovative background in the last one.

I think if you used a longer lance on the mizzen mast to hold the flag it would look slightly better, like in the BSB and SES.

I thought brigs had 3 masts, but that may just be me; if you build a smaller mast on the back, like in the CC, it could look good. Also, I've never seen a ship with a foresail between the two main masts; I think if you put it up behind the mizzen mast, or on a 3rd mast, like in the SES, then it would look more reallistic and balance out the back.

A few more scurvy dogs about the place? - Too much command and too few sailors! X-O

*y*

SlyOwl

For a start... Welcome to the forum Corsair! :-)

She does indeed resemble the Carribean Clipper on steroids, or an imperial version of the BSB but for me your cabin is a marked improvement. It's nice to see a bed, a decent sized desk with a map etc. The tight colour-coding of the Golden Falcon is inspirational as is the name which in itself sounds like a pumped up version of the Sea Hawk (The Clipper). I'd love to see a story where the Clipper gets heavily damaged in a battle and then goes into the shipyards to re-emerge as the Golden Falcon.

All in all a great ship and a great way to make an enterance to the forum. *y*

Nice first ship posted MOC corsair! *y*

This this ship is very pleasing to me eyes.

If i see her sailing about, i'm gonna take her. ;-)

Another great ship added to the Index of MOC Ships.

Don't see it happening any time in the near future so I wonder if some spray paint would do the job?

B's spray-painted gold birds look pretty cool *y*

P

Edited by phred

Well after several years of not posting nay of my new MOCs I am finally going to post a few of my newer creations. First I updated my Golden Falcon by adding another middle piece, a third mast, and a third course of sails. Here is the new Golden Falcon sailing a crimson sea (my sofa)

image5.jpg

From the stern

image9.jpg

The quarterdeck

image13.jpg

Side shot

image8.jpg

Her boats swing out and lower

image10.jpg

Finally a shot of her new cabin

image1.jpg

I feel I have addressed some of the comments about the old ship and I hope everyone enjoys the new ship. As always I look forward to any comments and improvements people have

It looks like brickshelf is currently down. I hope you have your images saved.

I look forward to seeing this when brickshelf comes back up.

I had a look and I know what you did wrong.

All your links were like the following: http://http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/F14tombrick/Golden-Falcon/ship-remodel/image5.jpg

So they all had a double http:// I fixed this, but then I realized that your images are too large.

Our maximum is 800X600 pixles. If you could fix that you can post them all here. Good luck! :pir-classic: