Sign in to follow this  
b00sted

70115 Chima Speedor Set Help

Not really sure where to post this but after trying to rebuild it 4 times myself (I am 31) my wife and then even recruited a few others to try I have to either be the densest person in the world or something is just not right..

you can see where the red 4x4 piece should go into the other part but it seems like it is just too recessed in.. so it just wont fit... If I add another 4x4 piece on it it kinda works but is not is how it should be and is not sitting how it shows in the instructions..

please help before this drives me to a madhouse.. Please!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/53tgp3zbxp38v05/2013-12-26%2016.19.18.jpg

PS. I hope this was the right spot to post this

I'm at work now, but I don't remember having any problem putting this set together. If someone answers the question and rememdies the problem before me, great. Otherwise I will get you some pictures of mine when I get home in 12 hours. Don't pull your hair out yet. We can help.

thanks as I checked and my sides are as back as far as they can go. I bought my son (he is 3 so really myself lol) every single Chima set for christmas and all have went together perfect except for this little devil.

I definitely had the same problem when I first built it for my son. It really drove me nuts.

The solution is written above.

:classic:

I thought I might be able to help since I own this set and could assemble it without difficulty, but I honestly don't see where your problem is. It doesn't appear that you made any mistakes in the assembly, so those parts SHOULD fit together. I don't see anything that would cause an obvious collision. Have you checked that all your other parts are pressed together securely? It might take a bit of wiggling around for the studs to find the anti-studs, but they should nest together nice and firm once they are lined up.

Failing that, there's another option: just remove the red hinge top from the bottom section and attach it to the top section, then try to put the top and bottom sections together again.

I see where your problem is. Go to page 33 in your instruction booklet. If you are using downloaded instructions just find that page in the pdf. You have the top piece assembled correctly that have the 2 red hinge plates, its the side of the head that is wrong. This may take a couple posts cause i'm on my phone but i will do my best.

The 2 dark tan wedge plates on the sides sit too far back because there are 2 tan cheese slopes missing from the front. The tan cheese slope piece can be seen in step 5 on page 35 and step 4 of 37 for the other. Also when adding the sides, as seen in step 16 and 17 on pages 39 and 40, make sure you are utilizing only the center three connections. Essentionally those 3 studs should plug into the 3 center connections on the parts you built in 16 and 17.

If you did in fact add those tan cheese slopes, it is hard to tell since you photographed a top view, then just move back the 2 side pieces built on 16 and 17 one stud and your top piece completing the lion head should plug right on. Those reddish brown cheese slopes should sit behind the dark tan plates, not even with them. If you still cant figure it out, send me a personal message through here with your email in it and I will send back photos of how it should look. I cant upload from my phone, at least I don't know how.

Thank you guys for the replies I will give this a shot tonight. sorry I did not get back to you all sooner had a personal matter come up.

See? Just what I said. Halves of the Lion head piece are too far in OP picture.

Blue eyes are supposed to line up with red hinge piece.

Edited by Lordofdragonss