Sign in to follow this  
MstrOfPppts

[SoNE Ep. III] Snowball fight in sector E

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

We had only one main goal on this mission and it was to win against the Rebels in a snowball fight. We arrived at Hoth before they did, so we put a sign outside the sector E entrance: "Christmass time, no weapons allowed!" They obeyed the simple rule and after entering a huge snawball fight occured. We modified one of our cannons to shoot snowballs. Now that was a fun thing to watch! The Rebels left after a while all soaked with snow and shivering in cold ...

SoNEepIII_1.jpg

Here you can see some of the Rebel SoNE participants.

SoNEepIII_2.jpg

Stash was also fleshified! :)

SoNEepIII_3.jpg

Here's our brutal snowball cannon.

SoNEepIII_4.jpg

Downloading the last usefull data from the computers. Bob's aproaching to finish the job ...

SoNEepIII_5.jpg

Steve's decorating an empty abandoned storage room. Half of our dropship was full of his silly presents.

SoNEepIII_6.jpg

And here's a brave Rebel trying to retrieve Leia's clothes. Good luck with that, Rebel scum! Anyone know which side Santa's on?

SoNEepIII_7.jpg

Whole MOC from one side ...

SoNEepIII_8.jpg

... and the other.

All this holiday time was an excellent excuse to make a fun episode like this one. Thanks for extending the deadline, I really wouldn't have made it otherwise. Glad to see I'm not the only one ... Hope everyone had a nice Christmass, it's a bit late for this now, but there's always the next one!

Good luck to everyone in the contest!

A fantastic entry as usual MstrOfPppts! Masterfully done! :thumbup::wub:

Everything looks good here, so sorry for the lack of constructive criticism… :blush:

Really fantastic entry! It seems, this episode belongs to Empire ...

I love your SNOT-intensive style of building. A lot of times I'll look at the way you did something and think, "That's exactly how I would've done that." And the inclusion of other members' figs is always something I like. :wub: I also particularly liked the way you did the Christmas tree: not too complicated, just some One Rings and some cherries, but quite elegant.

One minor suggestion: the door kind of blends in to the hangar wall and floor. I think adding some grooved tracks along the floor where the door would slide would improve that.

Another great build MstrOfPppts, it's looking very promising for the Empire!

Lots of nice details, and it's good to see that someone picked up on my suggestion to have a snowball fight :wink: I know that you appreciate constructive criticism so, to be honest, it all looks good apart from the 'escape pod' elements that you've included in the main hangar. They just look a bit out of place somehow; maybe a couple of sections of exposed ice/rock would have been a better choice?

Thanks for extending the deadline, I really wouldn't have made it otherwise. Glad to see I'm not the only one ... Hope everyone had a nice Christmass, it's a bit late for this now, but there's always the next one!

Your welcome, it was a very sensible suggestion :classic:

Great build! The SNOT construction in the walls is very nicely done and flows together with the rest of the base quite well. The crack in the wall between the entry and the wampa room is a nice touch, as is the sith Santa. I would second Brickdoctor's idea to add a grooved track to the door, but overall your build is very good. :classic:

How do you give constructive criticism on a creation that's almost flawless?

Well, you really get into the details. For example: how did both the Rebel and Santa ended up in that cave? There's no way of entering that, besides through the wonderful crack, but that couldn't be done with that chest with clothes. A door would be nice here, or a bigger crack. Secondly: Steve's commiting suicide. Who does he think he is, placing a ladder on a slippery surface of ice? That isn't a sensible thing to do, even when you're hanging up wonderful lights that go straight to the power hub (nice touch!). Up to the next mistake: how can they throw snowballs, when they can't see each other. There are no lights to see, so I have no clue how they wander around. do they use sonar? Fourth point...

Ah, I can't help it. I just like your build too much to go searching for any absurd things. Let me point out the things I love too. That door for instance is gorgeous, just like in the movie. That dark red stripe was really a good idea to break up the monotony of the scene. Maybe you should have done that with the decoration room as well, cause the floor's a little bland there. An extra crate of presents and lights in the middle of the floor would've been nice. The cave is executed to perfection. I really adore the spiky edge at the cutaway. Glad to see that kind Wampa want's to help the Rebel out with that crate. Clumsy as he is, he seems to have mistaken the Rebel for a piece of clothing, I see. Your scenes are really hilarious :grin: What was that rebel doing with a bone anyway?

I've come to really appreciate the irregularity of your bases. The corners are rounded of beautifully, and that lets the straight lines come to their right more. Same goes for the height differences you build in. That gradual slope towards the back really is genious. It keeps the small scenes small, and the big scenes big, just like they deserve. The minifigs look very good in those, by the way. You've posed them perfectly, so that they really tell a story.

So yeah, congratulations. Is this enough of criticsm for you? :blush:

Another masterpiece ! Great SNOT construction.

You make LegoFjotten looks cool by giving him the ride on Tauntaun

Lovely parts usage. It seems Sensei Splinter is a Rebel :laugh:

That is JacobNion, our Rebel Bothan pilot !

How did both the Rebel and Santa ended up in that cave? There's no way of entering that, besides through the wonderful crack, but that couldn't be done with that chest with clothes. A door would be nice here, or a bigger crack.

Well it's obvious that not even the Wampa could fit through that crack and it's only there to lure stupid rebels to check what's in there. Another entrance to the cave must exist ...

Secondly: Steve's commiting suicide. Who does he think he is, placing a ladder on a slippery surface of ice? That isn't a sensible thing to do, even when you're hanging up wonderful lights that go straight to the power hub (nice touch!).

A more detailed observation might reveal thata our Steve carved some holes into the ice to hold the ladder still. This is a professional decorator you're looking at here, not some sloppy rebel at work.

Up to the next mistake: how can they throw snowballs, when they can't see each other. There are no lights to see, so I have no clue how they wander around. do they use sonar?

The MOC is cut just below the ceeling level where people usually place lights but nayway it's daytime and the opened hanger door lets enough light through for each side to distinguish their members from opponents. The black is only for the background there, it's not night outside ...

Hahaha, your comment made me chuckle and it's nice even if it only causes us to chit chat a bit more with some nice people whom I share this nice hobby with! :sweet:

Amazing as usual. I would like to guess that Palpatine is Santa since he has the eyes and red lightsaber. However, if I'm right, I would like to know why he's on Hoth? I really like the trans-blue cheese slopes in the cave. That's a very nice touch.

One thing I would change is some of the lighting of the photos. It seems like you might have too much direct light in some of the pictures.

Edited by MKJoshA

I knew someone would do a snowball fight, and you executed it perfectly! :classic::thumbup:

I love the SNOT techniques you used, and the use of those Games dies were a great idea!

That is JacobNion, our Rebel Bothan pilot !

Speaking of which, where has he been?

Edit: His Profile page says he hasn't been online since late November! :sceptic:

Edited by Lego Spy

Digging the gold rings wedged in the Christmas tree. :thumbup: