57 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite takeaway?

• 675 Snack Bar
    • 6683 Hamburger Stand
    • 6350/10036 Pizza To Go
    • 3438 Mc Donald's Restaurant
    • 6329 Truck Stop

Hello everybody! :sweet:

I thought it would be interesting to know which takeaway is the prefered one among us EBers.

So here is the poll:

675 Snack Bar

0675-1.jpg

6683 Hamburger Stand

6683-1.jpg

6350/10036 Pizza To Go

6350-1.jpg

3438 Mc Donald's Restaurant

3438-1.jpg

6329 Truck Stop

6329-1.jpg

Please vote! :sweet:

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

6350 hands down - IMO there really isn't any competition against it here.

What can I say? It looks excellent, and the van is just excellent - I used to play hours and hours with it, delivering pizzas in my own, small, cartoon-physics world, the weaving through traffic and tacling crosses and corners at 200km/h. That was so fun, I got two, neither of them assembled.

Hmm, I should really rebuild at least one of them.

Yep.... 6350 for me too. :classic:

Hot pizzas and a cool gal.... or was it the other way round.... :look:

Looks like we're pizza people around here, as it's unanimous so far. :sweet:

I must admit, I'd never noticed the snack bar or hamburger stand sets before, and both are very cute, in the simple 80s style that I miss so much.

On an unrelated note, I still find it amusing that everyone in LEGOLAND spends nothing but $100 bills, even at the McDonald's drive thru.

The lesson here? LEGO is expensive, kids. Make sure you go to school every day, study hard, and grow up to make lots of money, or you won't be able to afford fast food. Er. LEGO. That's it! :tongue:

Not anymore! :tongue: I had the 6683 Hamburger Stand as a kid (I even rebuilt it recently) and I love it! :sweet:

Not anymore! :tongue: I had the 6683 Hamburger Stand as a kid (I even rebuilt it recently) and I love it! :sweet:

Ha! :grin: I voted for the Hamburger Stand too! I loved that thing. It wasn't available in the states so it was one of those holy grail sets I would druel over. They put it in the promotional and Town Theme shots, but wouldn't sell it. :cry_sad:

That Pizzeria came out when I was 16 and I remember thinking it was the first overpriced set. $16 for that? And there's no cool window pieces? I worked at a pizza place at the time and I bought that set for my manager. :laugh:

Klaus Dieter, great poll! :thumbup:

I voted for Pizza to go. Because that was the only set I had among the 5. I did not know that there are so many interesting sets that are released in the past such as the Hamburger stand. :sweet:

Well, Pizza to go have a lot of memories for me too. My dad bought it for me when I was about 10? Haha, I was like still a small boy playing around with LEGO. And I was so crazy over the pizzas that was offered in the set. Most importantly, the delivery van is very nice and able to hold 2 pizzas at a go. I remember there is an oven too. Lucky, I still keep this set in good condition. :wub:

In only had the 675 Snack Bar & the 6683 Hamburger Stand.

It was nice to give my minifigs the possibility to choose their fav. food. :tongue:

As for myself, I always prefered the Hamburger Stand. (Therefore, I voted for it)

Also, I would call the Pizza To Go a close 2nd. (I´ll hopefully get one this year).

6350 again. Of course, when I first got it the Pizza and the chef were the main selling points. Looking at it years later, that it has 3 figs, one female, and a simple design that captures the essence of the pizzaria so well in a smallish set are the other reasons to make it my #1.

6350 - Pizza to go, with hamburger stand a fairly close 2nd

The truck stop is just butt-ugly, from the time lego created square <insert that tiresome argument> vehicles (allmost as bad as the jack stone vehicles)

The other 2 are ok, but not great.

Edited by Fluyt

Pizza Stand - such a plain lovely little set with many pizza's and even a delivery van! And what's that? A female minifig to boot. :classic:

Besides, pizza's not only yummy, it contains all necessary daily vitamines, proteines, fats and other essentials ...

For me set 6683 Hamburger Stand is the best set! I simply love the charm of the sets released in the 80s! They look great and have nice details! The buildings of the 80s were really beautiful!

I hate all the food they offer, but these sets are pretty nice. My favourite is the Pizza one, despite me thinking pizza is yuck! :sick: It has a very good structure.

:skull:

I voted for the Hamburger Stand.

I really :wub: it (although I regrettably don't own it :cry_sad: ) because it is very nicely designed and has two great minifigures.

But of course my second choice would have been Pizza To Go since this set is :wub: with the delivery van, the pizzas and it's great Mediterranean look :oh: .

My third vote would have been the Mc Donald's Restaurant. Personally I hate that pulpy Mc Donald's food - but that Lego set is :oh: (regrettably I don't own it, too :sad: ).

The Snack Bar is ok but a bit simple in style and interior - and the Truck Stop is :sick::thumbdown: - I don't bemoan that I don't own these two sets.

Klaus Dieter, great poll! :thumbup:

Thank you, WhiteFang! :sweet:

For me set 6683 Hamburger Stand is the best set! I simply love the charm of the sets released in the 80s! They look great and have nice details! The buildings of the 80s were really beautiful!

I totally agree with you, Legotrainfan!

Despite from that they sometimes were a bit too small and too simple I like the Lego City sets of the 80ths very much and hope that TLG will bring them back (of course in another style, with different additional stuff, different minifigs, ...). :wink:

And what's that? A female minifig to boot. :classic:

You're right, Hairy Ruben!

There were some years in the past of Lego City when there weren't only men but women lived, too. But there must have been some sort of epidemic :laugh: that there are no female minifigs any longer in the regular City sets. :cry_sad::thumbdown:

I must admit, I'd never noticed the snack bar or hamburger stand sets before, and both are very cute, in the simple 80s style that I miss so much.

On an unrelated note, I still find it amusing that everyone in LEGOLAND spends nothing but $100 bills, even at the McDonald's drive thru.

The lesson here? LEGO is expensive, kids. Make sure you go to school every day, study hard, and grow up to make lots of money, or you won't be able to afford fast food. Er. LEGO. That's it! :tongue:

I totally agree with you, imperialshadows! :thumbup:

But there is another possibility or an additional possibility ( :laugh: ) - how I wrote in the SW subforum according to the many awesome new SW sets:

I think that I'll have to marry a very rich woman which owns a big house after I'll be ready with my traineeship! :laugh:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Pizza to go!

I remember the first time I saw this set in the LEGO catalog. I really wanted it, but it was very expensive for such a little set. One of my friend had promised me to offer me this set for my birthday. But she didn't. Instead, she came with the street sweeper. :cry_sad:

So I decides to buy it 2 years after the release year, just before that we couldn't find it in stores...

It's really a great set IMO : noce figs (with a girl!), nice details (nice tap), great playability (van, pizza) and a very nice design. The proportion of this building is very great for a small pizzeria. The only minor bad point is that there are no vegetation...

Hamburger Stand! Hooray! :laugh:

~Peace

6683 Hamburger Stand, because it's the only one I own, although Pizza to Go is probably a better design. The sticker is holding up relatively well after all these years as well :tongue: .

I also like the simple yellow, black, blue design of 6683 - neat to have the through-line of blue in the middle of the wall. I think it still integrates well in current City as a simple burger stand, even in these lofty days of massive modular houses and such.

Mcdonalds, it's nice and simple, looks fun to play with on a desk.

But all of them look tempting.

Mamma mia, la Pizzeria!

Still, The Hamburger stand and McDonald's aren't bad either, while 6329 Truck Stop is kind of awful.

I should try making the decals to that hamburger stand, if there is any interest. Well, and if anyone has a really good dead on front shot of them. The bigger the better. If they're a little beat up, I can fix that.

I checked Bricklink but no one is selling the sticker sheet alone. I'd buy the already stickered parts, but they're all out of the country and in 2 different stores.

Bah. I want to build one of those now. :cry_sad:

On a similar note, I was very disappointed to find that the big Pizzeria sign was a huge sticker. Still love the set though. :wink: