Lord Vladivus

MOC: The Shrine of the Black Knight

Dotted throughout Nocturnus are shrines to various fell warriors and creatures. Praying and giving offerings at these is said to bestow dark blessings upon the individual that does so.

Lord Vladivus has come across one such shrine in his travels- a shrine to a dark knight, hewn from black obsidian.

8454796303_dc64a259d7_z.jpg

Some other views, without minifigures:

8455889682_8b6b096466_z.jpg

Note the offerings of gold, and a heart. And the skull of an Avalonian, or so I hear...

8455890292_fbbddec699_z.jpg

8455888796_1491e26386_z.jpg

8454793587_34f534368e_z.jpg

Cheers for looking, just a quick one really, mostly wanted to try out the technique for steps.

EDIT: I've altered the shrine, removing the tree, and centering the shrine itself, so it's the focus of the build, hopefully making it less cluttered. I've also tried to improve on the stairs, instead of the slopes, I've used 1x1 rounds as a wall. I also added the cheese slopes as a sort of guard.

C+C welcome!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Nice job! The step technique is pretty neat, and I like the black statue! :thumbup: I do think an irregular base might be better, as as is it distracts slightly from the statue which is the focus of the build - I really didn't know what I was supposed to be getting out of the first picture until I read. (I'd also suggest you crop your pictures. :wink: But that's not too big of a deal right now, and it's great that you took the time to get a plain background!)

Nice use of the 1x4 plate/tile in the stairs :thumbup: Nice landscaping and tree too, glad to see a Nocturnus build :classic:

Cheers guys.

@Kai NRG, Yeah, looking at the pictures now, I wish i'd left the tree off- its too big anyway, and is the same height as the statue. If I'd left the tree off, the statue would have been more obvious.

I'm still picking up techniques, and I'm inclined to try to fit as much stuff into something- less is perhaps more, as they say.

Nice built!!

I like how perfect the stairs fits in the excellent built wall!!!

Nice built!!

I like how perfect the stairs fits in the excellent built wall!!!

Cheers! That wasn't too hard, those plates are a godsend. Although I'd love it if the made some with a stud on one end. Or longer ones, for wider stairs.

I've redone the build a bit, to get rid of the tree, and centred the statue so as to make the MOC less cluttered, so I might make this a W.I.P.

Edited by Lord Vladivus

I agree that the tree doesn't quite work here, but you know if it was a larger build, or you build a "background plate" to sit behind it, you could make some larger trees that overhang around the shrine to make it look tucked away in a dark forest.

I really liked the stairs, something I always fail at and give up on in my builds! haha.

UPDATE: First post amended with new photos showing improved shrine.

For reference, here is the original:

8449538885_51761b4218_z.jpg

Thanks SkaForHire, I've tried to improve the stairs yet again!

Great second version! :thumbup: The fire is a nice touch and the stairs look even better now!

Good to see Nocturnus has come out of its hiatus, nice little Vig!

Now it screams shrine. Good work here! This is an excellent example of a good small vignette.

^ what he said... great job!

A worthy addition to the landscape of Nocturnus Lord Vladivus, the second version looks nicer and a much better exposure on the photos too. It's always nice to see people look to improve their builds and photos!

yeah! a legitimate nocturnians MOC! loving the stairs, and your character has a great haircut :grin:

keep it up!

A worthy addition to the landscape of Nocturnus Lord Vladivus, the second version looks nicer and a much better exposure on the photos too. It's always nice to see people look to improve their builds and photos!

Thanks! I used to have a lightbox and daylight bulbs back when I used to play (well paint!) Warhammer and wanted to take good photos, but that's fallen by the wayside, so my current set-up is less than optimal, and it's just a case of getting the best out of the equipment I have.

yeah! a legitimate nocturnians MOC! loving the stairs, and your character has a great haircut :grin:

keep it up!

Clearly we have the same hairdresser. Or my mother (formerly of Avalonia) is related to you.