The Green Brick Giant

World Racers Summer 2010

I did a quick search and didn't see anything about this new theme, which I thought was weird... If I'm blind I'll say sorry now. :laugh:

Here are the pictures....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9824337@N06/4209583754/

Looks interesting. Considering LEGO never makes and new City minifigures I'm hoping the minifigures in this new theme will be good, and new.

I find it interesting that they are releasing the sets in the summer, don't most completely new sets get released in January because there is more Toy Fairs and such to show them off? Still looks interesting, could be talknig Agents place.

Another point of interest is the fact it's called World Racers and yet the only two colors are red and lime green, no other racing colors in the world? :classic:

I was wondering why in the Australia first half catalogue only had one page for racers, I now know why !

Looking through flickr ten minutes ago and found this !!!

LEGO WORLD RACERS

Here's a link to each page, see them while you can - they are of course watermarked, so I can only deeplink them.

WORLD RACERS 8897

WORLD RACERS 8896

WORLD RACERS 8864

WORLD RACERS 8863

It appears to have two teams wanting to win at any cost by the looks if it !

What do you think ?

Looks much better than I thought it would be, I love the variety of vehicles. I won't likely get many since I'm not into making vehicles at the moment, but I'll atleast pick up that motorbike one that looks to be very nice.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I am not really into it, but it seems it has usefull parts, (looking at that white boulder :wub: )this might be one of the most stupid original themes that LEGO has come up with. :sceptic::hmpf_bad:

Edited by Jar Jar

Please keep discussion of the World Racers in Action Themes for the time being. Thanks! :sweet:

Please keep discussion of the World Racers in Action Themes for the time being. Thanks! :sweet:

Sorry 'Svelte', I did not realise someone else found it before I did and I stuck it in the wrong place. :oh3:

In any case, this must replace something, how many action themes do Lego want to do in such a short time ?

I must say I like the boat and bike sets, these will fly out shop doors easy as they be only 20 to 30 dollar (au) sets.

Suppose we'll find out the background story soon enough, then we'll know who the good and the bad guys are !

I wasn't sure where this went, so I figured it looks like racing Agents so it's an action theme.

I think they look good, I like race cars with minifigures and are sick to death with the tiny turbos.

I just wish there were more colors, but there is always 2011. :laugh:

Interesting. I always liked the idea of combat racing, and kids do too, so it was a no-brainer that something like this was gonna come around eventually. I like the variety of vehicles and weapons (Is that a fish launcher in the speed boat set? :laugh: ). I just wish they wouldn't have such bright colors, but oh well. It looks like a fun theme some useful parts and figs. I might even get one of these, maybe the arctic one.

Finally, a racing set with minifigs again! Between this, the new castle line, and SP3, this is shaping up to be a year of the return of the 'late 80's/early 90's. And here I thought I was going to be able to save a couple of bucks for 2010.

Racers...with actual minifigs driving them. YES! I've been waiting for this. It no fun to play with the Racers until you have actual minifigs yelling taunts, causing harm to each other, and of course flying off their car.

This reminds me of the video games LEGO Racers and LEGO Racers 2, where the racers did compete around the world. I just might have to buy these! At least the small set with two motorcycles firing rockets and dynamite at each other. :tongue:

This them looks great. :thumbup: I love the looks of the sets especially 8896 (maybe we will get a new bike mold?) and 8897(looks like the old shark but the picture is to small to tell.).

The truck in 8864 looks pretty cool as well. It also looks like this is the theme thats replaceing Agents.

Already happened, 10 years ago. :classic:http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6713-1

That wasn't combat racing. That was polo on vehicles. :tongue: And the rest of the theme was pretty much the same as any other racer theme.

maybe we will get a new bike mold?

I don't think so. Looks like the same old bikes to me.

looks like the old shark but the picture is to small to tell.

Hm, good spot. Yes, that does look like the old shark, and considering they already revived the mold for the Pirate Advent Calendar, it's possible that we will get it in the final set. :thumbup:

It also looks like this is the theme thats replaceing Agents.

I guess you're right. A shame, as Agents was ten times better than this. Oh well, gotta go with the times, I suppose. :sadnew:

Already happened, 10 years ago. :classic:

As a 14 year old I liked it...

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6713-1

From the grainy pictures this already looks much better. I'm holding back final judgment until I see some higher-res pictures, but I think TLG might have a big seller here among (at least) kids.

I like this theme... I like that every vehicle has an equivalent in the opposite team. However, I don't tend to buy 2/3 year themes, like this and Agents and Power Miners and Atlantis...

But if that's a fish cannon, I'm definitely getting one for my pirates.

Great!I need to buy some of them(5.99 to 19.99 sets maybe)...

Haha same here, from the themes i dont really collect i always buy sets from 5.99 to 19.99 if they are interesting enough. And world racers sure are.

Judging from these tiny grainy preliminary pics, I will surely buy the motorbikes set. And no other sets in this theme.

Haha same here, from the themes i dont really collect i always buy sets from 5.99 to 19.99 if they are interesting enough. And world racers sure are.

That's what I doi, I don't spend more than $25 for a set normally, but love getting the smaller sets if for no other reason that the minifigures.

Heh. I actually like the looks of this. I'm not going to judge how good it is yet, not with so little info, but I'm going to keep a good watch on it. Combat racing is always spiffy, I was rather disappointed when the Speed Racer sets completely ignored that element.

I figure there's only two colours because there's just the two teams racing each other around the world...? Heck, as a Power Miners mentalist, I'll take as much lime green as TLG care to send my way.

This seems very odd... a LEGO death rally? Reminds me a little of Stunt Rally. And why is there a helicopter racing with a car...? Or is it maybe a TV crew or whatever?

Anyway, there might be some useful pieces there...

Edited by Mörs

I think it's funny that they would release a line with weird race vehicles after their racing line was just out.

None of these look like racecars but random vehicles.

It will be interesting to see how this line pans out.