Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Review: TC-14 May the 4th promo fig

gallery_101_23_281.gif

So I waited outside my local Lego Store to get UCS R2D2 and the TC-14. They did not let me have two for buying more than double the required amount.

Anyway pictures.

TC141.jpg

TC142.jpg

I think this is a great promo figure. the yellow eyes and the colored wiring really pop out of the chrome.

TC143.jpg

TC144.jpg

Compared to the new C3-P0. I didnt notice it until they were side by side, the TC-14 has yellow wiring and C3P0 doesnt.

TC145.jpg

Now compared to the old C3-P0 and my poorman's chrome C3-P0

TC146.jpg

And chromed buddies.

TC147.jpg

Edited by Macoco
Indexed

Great pictures, I may need to pick up one or two extra on bricklink.

Very shiny! :wub_drool: I so need one of these figures to keep my chrome 3PO happy. The hands don't look all that bad.

This fig looks even better than I expected. Even though I bought a Chrome 3PO for $75, I would love to see a new one with the new design. Might get an extra one to keep sealed. :classic:

Thanks for the review! Now I only have to decide if I'll buy that UCS R2... :tongue:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Thanks for the review. It is neat seeing other pictures.

The overall figure still looks great, probably better than originally thought. I almost wasn't going to buy anything today and miss out on this figure altogether, but I caved and will be receiving two of them.

I do think the hands stand out a bit more than originally thought, but that's okay. They don't look too out of place. And since I don't have any other chrome figures, I will let it slide. I just watched The Phantom Menace the other night and saw TC in all her glory.

Thank you for this preview. For once, I am very excited to search for this new exclusive minifig. :wub:

Too bad, we don't have Shop@Home in Singapore. :cry_sad:

Thanks for the reveiw!

That is one of the best promo figs tfhat Lego have ever released :wub:

Its.....sooo.....shiny :drool:

I didn't get one through the promo, but I got one from Ebay instead.

Thanks for this closer look at this shiny little buddy. :wub:

The quality of your photos is outstanding. I especially like the perfection of shots 1 and 2. The way the chromed surface mirrors the environment, lights and shadows - just great! :thumbup:

The manager at my lego store told me that it;s only one minifig per transaction. So you could pay $75 in cash and the rest on something else, and they will give you two. They keep the inventory based on the number of transactions recorded. That's how I got two.

I got 2 for buying 2 separate orders today. I did notice that on leg assembly, the top studs (that connects to torso) are not chromed, and the neck of the torso are not chromed either. It's not just the hands.

But... SHINY!!!! :wub:

Thanks for the review.

As nice as this looks I hope we also see a non chrome version down the line.

Thanks for the review.

As nice as this looks I hope we also see a non chrome version down the line.

Personally, a non-chrome TC-14 is a pass for me. I'd like to consider myself a completist but you can't set the bar that high for a minifig then expect fans to buy a figure that's inferior to the previous release. I don't even know what possible set they can include TC-14 into.

Heading to the LEGO store tomorrow, I hope they have some left. :cry_sad: I'm thinking of getting 10225. I really shouldn't...I do have $50 in VIP points so that would soften the blow a bit. Plus, it'll be my first UCS! :cry_happy: Before I start sobbing( :tongue:), I'm going to go read your review of our favorite little droid!

Oh! I thought of another first, a double first, TC-14 will be my first promo and chrome fig. :laugh:

Nice shiny review. I think I see you with a DSLR camera in the reflections. :classic:

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :thumbup:

I wish I would of had the money to buy the UCS R2-D2 on May the Fourth to get this promo. Sadly, I'm saving my money for other LEGO store promotions *cough*hulkpromo*caugh*. :grin:

Nice review and pictures. I contemplated for about an hour yesterday, if I should order some sets to get the promo minifig, but decided against it. There's just not that many sets left from the last wave that I'm interested in and I didn't want to buy sets I don't really like just to get the droid. Perhaps I'll pick one up in the future, depending on how the prices on ebay and bricklink will develop.

Thanks for the review. I picked one up yesterday. Although, as an OT collector, I shall be referring to it as E-3P0 from here on in.

Great pics Solscud007 :thumbup: The old style protocol droids really look p!$$ poor next to the new design and although not as rare as the chrome gold 3PO, TC-14 has got to be the best looking Lego protocol droid to date. I really hope TLG decide to release a chrome gold C-3PO in the new design one day.

Thanks for the review. I picked one up yesterday. Although, as an OT collector, I shall be referring to it as E-3P0 from here on in.

:laugh: I've decided to call mine U-3PO. I wonder if these will get a rerelease in new packaging when ANH and/or ESB come out in 3D.

As a strictly OT fan, I first thought the figure WAS in fact E-3PO.

I didn't even realize there was a canon U-3PO, but that indeed would also fit this figure well!