Sign in to follow this  
spacepilot3000

MOC UCS Tie Bomber

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi,

inspired from the 10175,7181 and the fantasic Tie Fighter MOC from Anio, I decided to make the "next" part of the TIE fleet. I like the Bomber, that's why now it is one ;-)

I still have little probs with gray, gray and gray, but I think Bricklink will solve such problems.

Here we go:

DSC03443.jpg

DSC03423.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

DSC03430.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

DSC03441.jpg

SW_Lego_Schild_MOC_Tie_Bomber.jpg

Not bad. Not bad at all. Like Brickdoctor mentioned, the pylons look slightly too bulky. But not enough that I think you should change them. I know how difficult it is to make those gussets look proper.

The biggest issue I see is that the ordinance side and cockpit side should be the same length, from everything I've ever seen. Here is a reference picture.

Also, it looks like you re-used the solar panels directly off of the UCS TIE Advanced. While I will never try to tell you what to do, I try to make the solar panels of all my UCS TIEs unique to each craft, even if it means just changing the greeby bits on them.

Do you have any issues with the wings drooping? Or is everything pretty solid on the interior?

And speaking of interiors, do you have any details inside the cockpit, like a pilot's chair and controls?

And can I get a good picture of the bomb drop (the little attachment that juts out from the ordinance pod)? I'd like to see how you managed that detail.

But overall it looks very nice. Well done.

Edited by Walter Kovacs

Thanks a lot so far Folks.

Yes, the pylons are a problem.

To get them as original as possible i wasn't able to get it a little bit finer or smaller.

But this is OK for me, it is not too bulky.

The thing with the lenght of the cockpit tube, OK - that has to be changed I see.

I only need more light bluish gray roof tiles for that. I have one 10 x 10 radar left, so it can be done.

I try to make a picture of the bomb drop, when I have daylight again here.

Excellent Tie craft there 'spacepilot3000' even an info card - good one ! :thumbup:

Fantastic detailing and you did capture every element of a Tie Bomber, but is there any shots of the cockpit interior ? :wink:

Great work on the UCS style SW MOC 'spacepilot3000' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Simply amazing, spacepilot3000. It's usually pretty difficult to make a UCS of anything.

Other than the pods not being the same length, it should be noted that the engine arrangement actually looks like this:

jd_tie_bomber20.JPG

Here's a reference picture showing the pods to be the same length (one of the models used in the film, I may add - certainly more reliable than CGI renderings!).

TieBomber3.jpg

Also, the middle bit between the pods look just a bit too big. Otherwise, the details look spot on. I particularly like what you've done with the pylons.

Hello,

a great addition to the TIE fighter fleet. :classic: It's nice to see the rare TIE fighter cockpit window used here. But I guess it gets quite costly when you're having an entire fleet, because the windscreen is expensive. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very impressive MOC spacepilot3000! I'm not familiar with the TIE fighters, but based on the ref. photo you pretty much got the overall look of the TIE Bomber. Aside from the minor issues, this is still one great build worthy of the UCS tag! :thumbup:

Amazing MOC, well done! :thumbup:

What can I say after reading the reply by our expert Walter Kovacs, the TIE master

as our opinions are but humble to his :wink:

I must say I do loike your version of this fine TIE.

This is one of my favorite ones in the SW fllet that is actually in the movies.

I so badly wish TLG will come out with a new version of this ship.

Very impressive MOC spacepilot3000! I'm not familiar with the TIE fighters, but based on the ref. photo you pretty much got the overall look of the TIE Bomber. Aside from the minor issues, this is still one great build worthy of the UCS tag! :thumbup:

But the tie bomber is in the movie :wink:

Great MOC It looks almost exactly the same as the reference pic :sweet:

Very nice 'fleet' collection spacepilot3000 :thumbup:

I must say I do loike your version of this fine TIE.

This is one of my favorite ones in the SW fllet that is actually in the movies.

I so badly wish TLG will come out with a new version of this ship.

I absolutly agree. Being an epic ship and the fact it's still missing in my collection.

Although I hope it won't be a USC version.

The TIE Bomber looks good in that collection, spacepilot3000.

Have you ever thought about MODing the TIE Interceptor model to remove the blue pieces? The results look fantastic, in my opinion. Obviously I've MODed mine, and I've never had a moment of remorse.

The TIE Bomber looks good in that collection, spacepilot3000.

Have you ever thought about MODing the TIE Interceptor model to remove the blue pieces? The results look fantastic, in my opinion. Obviously I've MODed mine, and I've never had a moment of remorse.

Yes, I thought about that, and with your pic of the result I now think I have to do it as fast as possible.

Do you perhaps have a bricklink / partlist of the needed bricks to make it easy for me to remove blue ;-) ??

As a matter of fact, I do happen to have the list handy. Here it is:

6 Light-Gray 30374 Bar 4L Light Sabre Blade

2 Light-Gray 3062B Brick 1 x 1 Round with Hollow Stud

2 Light-Gray 2921 Brick 1 x 1 with Handle

5 Light-Gray 3010 Brick 1 x 4

7 Light-Gray 30414 Brick 1 x 4 with Studs on Side

2 Light-Gray 3003 Brick 2 x 2

2 Light-Gray 4589 Cone 1 x 1

2 Light-Gray 2654 Dish 2 x 2

2 Light-Gray 4285b Dish 6 x 6 Inverted Webbed - Type 1

16 Light-Gray 30365 Hinge Brick 1 x 2 Locking with Dual Finger On End

16 Light-Gray 30364 Hinge Brick 1 x 2 Locking with Single Finger On End

12 Light-Gray 4865 Panel 1 x 2 x 1

2 Light-Gray 3024 Plate 1 x 1

4 Light-Gray 4073 Plate 1 x 1 Round

16 Light-Gray 6019 Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Horizontal

4 Light-Gray 4081b Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Light - Type 1

6 Light-Gray 3023 Plate 1 x 2

2 Light-Gray 2540 Plate 1 x 2 with Handle

4 Light-Gray 3623 Plate 1 x 3

21 Light-Gray 3710 Plate 1 x 4

26 Light-Gray 3460 Plate 1 x 8

6 Light-Gray 3022 Plate 2 x 2

8 Light-Gray 2420 Plate 2 x 2 Corner

2 Light-Gray 3021 Plate 2 x 3

4 Light-Gray 3020 Plate 2 x 4

2 Light-Gray 3034 Plate 2 x 8

2 Light-Gray 3832 Plate 2 x 10

2 Light-Gray 2445 Plate 2 x 12

8 Light-Gray 32059 Plate 4 x 6 without Corners

2 Light-Gray 3035 Plate 4 x 8

8 Light-Gray 4286 Slope Brick 33 3 x 1

6 Light-Gray 3298 Slope Brick 33 3 x 2

12 Light-Gray 3747 Slope Brick 33 3 x 2 Inverted

7 Light-Gray 3040B Slope Brick 45 2 x 1

4 Light-Gray 3665 Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 Inverted

14 Light-Gray 3660 Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 Inverted

2 Light-Gray 3038 Slope Brick 45 2 x 3

2 Light-Gray 3037 Slope Brick 45 2 x 4

14 Light-Gray 2412B Tile 1 x 2 Grille with Groove

16 Light-Gray 2431 Tile 1 x 4

1 Light-Gray 6636 Tile 1 x 6

16 Light-Gray 4162 Tile 1 x 8

4 Light-Gray 75c20 Technic Flexible Hose, 20L

4 Light-Gray 4859 Wing 3 x 4 with 1 x 2 Cutout without Stud Notches

Be aware, though, that some of the part numbers might be based of Peeron as opposed to BL numbers. They differ in some cases. The descriptions should help a lot. I didn't specify Old gray vs Bluish gray. Some parts are only found in one or the other, unfortunately. Or they were when I was buying the parts.

Also, that 20L flexible hose is hard to find in Light Gray. I used a Pearl Dark Gray hose, and it looks OK. Of course, the last time I looked for the hose was a few years ago, so it might have shown up in more sets.

I do remember I left at least one blue part in the model, because it wasn't visible in the finished product. A blue 2 x 6 Brick, if memeory serves.

Looks great! i keep meaning to build a Tie bomber i've collected the parts for it a few times but then somthing else needs them!

my UCS Tie Interceptor is converted to new Bluey greys

light grey - light bluish grey

Dark grey - Dark bluish grey

Blue - light bluish grey

the good thing is if you let the trans black tie windscreen yellow the dark grey print turns to almost dark bluish grey in colour if it hasn't already done so.

Hiho!

Here's my litte update.

I changed the length of the cockpit tube and the color of the ion engines to blue.

Now my little MOC is really done, and I think with both tube in same length it looks "perfect" for me.

DSC03856.jpg

DSC03860.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

Regards,

Spacepilot

Edited by spacepilot3000

Looks great. The shape is terrific and looks very accurate. I like the new improvement, it looks so good.

Great job :thumbup:

Nice job, it already looked good before, and you've made it better.

Do bombers have blue engines? I know TIE/ins and X1s have red, but I'm not sure about bombers and interceptors.