Sign in to follow this  
Horry

Rocks & Shoals

7694513366_b398e3dab1.jpg

Attackharrharr von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

Heyho folks!

Some of you may remember a lengthy and interesting discussion about possible LEGO pirate games beside the legendary Evil Stevie Game. We made a game out of it and had a nice and successful beta-test with Tazmaniac and Capt.JohnPaul here in the Pirates-forum.

The basic ida of the game is to test your MOCs out against other MOCs in a turn-based battle until one side sinks the other side.

If the ship-yard crew is okay with this I'd like to start another match in order to further improve the game and to see whether Rocks & Shoals would be of any interest to the users. If you think this is too much trouble, I'll do further testing in private :pir-classic:

My question to all of you is: who would like to participate in another game? The new rules will make use of a better weight-consideration, boarding rules and new maps.

I'll put in some proper opinions once I've read the rules, but at the moment, it looks like fun. It reminds me of Battleship.

I would love to see another game go on. And have a look on the improvements on the rules, I still remember the discussion about that..

Unfortunatly I still don't have a MOC of my own to participate :pir-sceptic:

Bart

I would also love to see another game, but i cant enter as i dont have my own ship either, unless i make like a Gunboat fleet or something. :pir_laugh2:

Captain Becker

I might give it a try, although I don't know the rules :pir-blush:

I might give it a try, although I don't know the rules :pir-blush:

It's nice to still see some interest in the game :pir-classic: The "old" rules can be found in this post

But they will not change that dramatically in terms of actual game-play - the weight-conversion-table is the most important change that is currently still a WIP.

Aaaand I won't, of course do anything like a game here unless the shipyard crew is absolutely fine with it.

Great that you're giving it another -improved- try!

You have my approval. I'll see if we can link some small prize to it like a title or tag :pir-classic:

EDIT: Such a prize will be granted to the winner!

Thank you, Admiral! I'm still waiting for a final decission from Dragonator whether the next game should be hosted here or in the games sub-section - after that, I'll upload the final version of the rules.

Version 1.2 will feature:

-improved graphics (Water, movement, islands)

-boarding rules for crews with according tactics

-a refined movement system with a new grid-size of 2kmx2km per square

-a rebalanced cannon-damage system

-a new fleet movement and -tactics ruleset

Here's my sloppy trailer for the whole fun - I just could not resist :pir-blush:

jb
Edited by Horry

Well, the rules are finished and can be downloaded here!

The page is more of a data-storage than an actual website so please ignore my horrible attempt on shaping the design!

@ The BoyWonder and Purpleparadox

If you got some of the TLG ships (like Black Seas Barracuda) you could take them and make their templates!

@ The BoyWonder and Purpleparadox

If you got some of the TLG ships (like Black Seas Barracuda) you could take them and make their templates!

Does that include POTC? If so, that might just be the last bit of incentive for me to buy Queen Anne's Revenge! :wink:

Well this all sounds extremely interesting. I'm in the process of making my best ship MOC yet at the moment, just needs a bit of rigging done. :pir-devil:

When will the game take place? I'd be interested in joining up. :pirate_skel1:

:jollyroger:

I am keen on playing, non of my minifig illusion scale ships are intact and i have no birds eye view shots, but does this qualify?

7730680560_11d653cc7f_z.jpg

I'm afraid not :pir-look: The formula for converting your MOC into a sailing ship for the game needs the dimensions of a minifig-scale ship.

This is so cool, my first thought, was Davy-Jones-Locker yeah, I'll play :pir-classic:

But then... well, the long list of rules frighten me, I better stick to ship building and let other people fight with my ships :pir-sceptic:

So, who wants to use my Flying Dutchman? just kidding :pir_laugh2:

Maybe I'll try making my ship's template when I find some time.

Unfortunately I don't have the time for this, but I enjoyed to watch it last time.

What I can do, is blog this in the hope to get some opponents.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Hello, Horry! :pir-sweet:

I think we should try this again. I don't know what happened or why it didn't continue. :pir-sceptic: I started hanging out in the Historic and Mafia + RPG forums, and kind of lost interest in pirates. I felt kind of guilty, but I'm back. Also, I love those new graphics. :pir-blush:

@ Sebeus

Don't be afraid! Most of the rules are just there to keep it transparent for the players. What they actually need to know is the movement and the strength of their MOCs - most of the rule-stuff is done by the host - have a look at the beta test - this is pretty much all what happens to the players in 1vs1 :pir-classic:

@ Admiral Croissant

Thank you very much :pir-blush: You might have noticed that your Vesta has been used as a template in the new example pictures in the rules?

@Capt.JohnPaul

Good to see you again! And thank you for the kind words. It did not continue because no-one hat sufficient time back then, I suppose. But rest assured, I am planning to see to it that every R&S session that is wanted can be carried out :pir-sweet:

Speaking of it... who would like to participate in the first battle? The Weekend is getting nearer, a perfect opportunity to fill those dull weekend-days with the roar of cannons!

Speaking of it... who would like to participate in the first battle? The Weekend is getting nearer, a perfect opportunity to fill those dull weekend-days with the roar of cannons!

I think I'll let someone else have some fun this time. :pir_laugh2: I still have to read over the rules more and complete the new template.

Also, please tell me the files and everything are still not on the site with the "pop-ups" if you know what I mean. :pir-sceptic::pir-tongue:

I think I'll let someone else have some fun this time. :pir_laugh2: I still have to read over the rules more and complete the new template.

Also, please tell me the files and everything are still not on the site with the "pop-ups" if you know what I mean. :pir-sceptic::pir-tongue:

Oh yes, I remember those horrors.. they can be found on this clean and pop-up-free page now :pir-tongue:

Edited by Horry

In the process of building a MOC ship. Interested to see how this works out and hopefully there well be a 3rd round in the future I can take part in.

Yes, a new round would actually be nice. But so far there seems to be a little hestitation - I'd really appreciate some feedback from those of you who have read the rules - are they too complicated? Do they seem to be too elaborated?