lightningtiger

Aussie Town (New Mannum) 2014

Well it's a new year and everything New Mannum will now go here so now........

000000_new_mannum_2014_998.jpg000000_new_mannum_2014_999.jpg

Well, I have started the hardware store proper now.......I must start work on the walls......keep watching ! :wink:

Huzzah! New Mannum is back! I'm looking forward to see what you're going to entertain us with this year LT.

Huzzah! New Mannum is back! I'm looking forward to see what you're going to entertain us with this year LT.

It never went away......I'll try for fresh updates every few days......keep watching ! :wink:

Looking great, and the interior teasers look exciting too...

As always I will continue to watch this space, happy building :laugh:

Another hardware store huh? *yawn* Nah I'm just kidding I love your town, would really like to see a riverside like the real Mannum.

Edited by tomdobs55

Another hardware store huh? *yawn* Nah I'm just kidding I love your town, would really like to see a riverside like the real Mannum.

Yeah, but a different brand.....though it's part of the Mitre 10 group......very commonly found in small country towns......like Mannum it's self.

Wait for the supermarket that will go next to it......oop's let the kitty out of the bag there eh ? :laugh:

Even another update now......

000000_new_mannum_2014_993.jpg000000_new_mannum_2014_994.jpg

Keep watching ! :grin:

Looks great. I'll follow this topic. Continue to build LT. Best regards.

Looks great. I'll follow this topic. Continue to build LT. Best regards.

Thanks 'solta', even just a few minutes ago I continued work on the True Value store......side walls done, flooring 98% done, interior still a long way off and then there is the rest of the frontage....a lot of work still to go,,,,,,keep watching. :blush:

Great updates. I'll follow as always!

Thanks, and there will be more updates today.....hopefully I can finish the hardware store within the next two days.....then it's the time for the supermarket and even that will have a brand name change........think 'The Mighty South Aussies'......keep watching ! :wink:

Too much fun LT love your stuff

Thanks 'tomdobs55', I was trying to post another tease image but there is something wrong either with my computer or Brickshelf not uploading images at the moment......I'll try again soon...keep watching ! :blush:

Now since Brickshelf is playing up, I had to go to MOCpages again.......

1389257751m_DISPLAY.jpg1389257755m_DISPLAY.jpg1389257758m_DISPLAY.jpg

Still a long way from finishing this store as you can see......keep watching ! :wink:

Is that seed packets I see there? Fantastic!

No, plumbing parts.....but thanks for the idea I was thinking of what new ideas I could use and I didn't even think of that ! :blush:

I'll get to work on that this morning......updating in a few hours.....I hope. :blush:

No, plumbing parts.....but thanks for the idea I was thinking of what new ideas I could use and I didn't even think of that ! :blush:

I'll get to work on that this morning......updating in a few hours.....I hope. :blush:

Use it and abuse it my man! I don't know about the land down under but here in the states it's not uncommon to see seeds in a hardware store. Maybe we'll see some in your town soon.

Well, I have the display rack in only now to make the stickers to represent the seed packets......in a few days I hope....I need to create more stickers on one sheet to save money.

Keep watching ! :blush:

Question.....should the supermarket have a modern frontage or an art deco frontage ?

I'm still working on the extra detailing for the Toyota dealer and True Value store.......keep watching for the next update. :wink:

Question.....should the supermarket have a modern frontage or an art deco frontage ?

I'm still working on the extra detailing for the Toyota dealer and True Value store.......keep watching for the next update. :wink:

I prefer modern, can't wait to see some more pics of the dealership. Can you also show some reference pics of actual Mannum?

Edited by tomdobs55

I'm considering a modern design with tan walls similar to the buildings at the end of the street.

The Toyota dealer will have a tyre rack as well I hope to build a 4x4 vehicle to go inside.

Here are some images from the real town it's self.....

mannum_street.jpg

D1206258095Bx-500.jpg

main.jpg

More things to come......keep watching ! :wink:

Looking good LT... As i think i've said before, I love the way you combine realism with the classic open back style!! (I especially like the first pic looking down the street) Looking forward to seeing what comes next!!