Sign in to follow this  
Dark Zion

[MOC] Assault frigate MK1

That looks really cool. I've blown quite a few up playing XWA I'd prefer more greebles around the front though

I love this, the exterior armour looks cool and my faveroute bit is the turret, so well made Dark Zion!

Very nice work, especially capturing the shape of the hull, and the interior is the icing on the cake.

I do agree, though, that I think it could use some more greebling on the front. The portion hanging down from the front doesn't really fit in with the look of the ship (it's too smooth), and on first look I thought it was a stand.

Very nice work, especially capturing the shape of the hull, and the interior is the icing on the cake.

I do agree, though, that I think it could use some more greebling on the front. The portion hanging down from the front doesn't really fit in with the look of the ship (it's too smooth), and on first look I thought it was a stand.

That I call the keel (like on a boat) is on the original model, like here : http://www.starwars-encyclopedia.com/index.php?mode=fiche&id=1278

I agree with you, more greeble on the keel is could better.

Thinks all for your messages.

The plating effect is nicely done, and the colors have a nice cobbled together feel to them. Is that an A-Wing mounted underneath? One suggestion would be to add another turrent for added badness factor.

Edited by gcanik

Nice MOC.

So sleek and cool :wub:

blogged

Plus since you've got so many cool MOCs on your webpage, I've added it to the links in the blog.

I hope that's cool with you?

And the rest of you, make sure to check it all out here

AWESOME SNOT battleship.....must add also AWESOME support fleet too ! :grin:

Great work and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

I like this MOC, but I do have some constructive criticism. I would DEFINATLEY get rid of the black on the back and change it over to dark bluish gray. I would then add some greebles back there. I think the dark bluish grey would make it 10000 times better!

I like this MOC, but I do have some constructive criticism. I would DEFINATLEY get rid of the black on the back and change it over to dark bluish gray. I would then add some greebles back there. I think the dark bluish grey would make it 10000 times better!

Yes i try it in a next version, i'm not really good with the greeble. i can i think.

That's very nice Dark Zion. I wouldn't say it doesn't need more greebling but I do like it as it is. If you do decide to greeble more IMHO it needs to be pretty subtle - not too much.

I like your other work too. Have you deliberately gone for a Chibi style or are you developing your own uniform Lego scale?

:thumbup:

On the one hand, your techniques are clean and very nice.

On the other, the general look of the ship doesn't really feel like the "original" Alliance Assault Frigate seen in the comic book version of Heir to the Empire, where I believe this ship made its first visual appearance. (Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.) I'll be concise: I don't feel that this MOC looks rugged enough for an Alliance Assault Frigate, because 1) it's very clean, bright and colorful and 2)the exposed sections of the frigate are too clean. I've always thought of an Alliance Assault Frigate as being like an EF76 with the head of a Dreadnaught. I don't know whether you are the sort of person that makes something and says "Okay, it's done" or if you like to revisit certain concepts, but in any case I would very much like to see this revisited with a more rugged feel to it.

Edited by fallenangel309

That's one excellently done massive build alright, I love how you were able to achieved the overall cylindrical shape of this frigate. The other midi-scale ships are very well done too. Great job, and thanks for sharing this Dark Zion! :thumbup:

That's very nice Dark Zion. I wouldn't say it doesn't need more greebling but I do like it as it is. If you do decide to greeble more IMHO it needs to be pretty subtle - not too much.

I like your other work too. Have you deliberately gone for a Chibi style or are you developing your own uniform Lego scale?

:thumbup:

I develope my own lego scale. My fisrt model (tie) was maded for going inside the ISD 6211. After I make my model approxymately in the same scale. More the original is bigger, more the model is contracted.

On the one hand, your techniques are clean and very nice.

On the other, the general look of the ship doesn't really feel like the "original" Alliance Assault Frigate seen in the comic book version of Heir to the Empire, where I believe this ship made its first visual appearance. (Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.) I'll be concise: I don't feel that this MOC looks rugged enough for an Alliance Assault Frigate, because 1) it's very clean, bright and colorful and 2)the exposed sections of the frigate are too clean. I've always thought of an Alliance Assault Frigate as being like an EF76 with the head of a Dreadnaught. I don't know whether you are the sort of person that makes something and says "Okay, it's done" or if you like to revisit certain concepts, but in any case I would very much like to see this revisited with a more rugged feel to it.

My fregate was madded with an other picture : assault frigate

I prefer this version because it have nice colour, and i was borred with the DBG or LBG.

This is a great version of the frigate! As others have said I really like how you achieved the hull - great idea. I like the fact that you have an interior as well. The one complaint I have is the lack of detail in the interior itself. Great work though!

Oh yeah, that's bad megablocks! I love the midi-scale - as long as LEGO themselves aren't doing it. MOCs like this put LEGO's midi-scale attempts completely to shame, well done sir.

I develope my own lego scale. My fisrt model (tie) was maded for going inside the ISD 6211. After I make my model approxymately in the same scale. More the original is bigger, more the model is contracted.

That's a nice idea - hopefully we'll see more in the future.

My fregate was madded with an other picture : assault frigate

I prefer this version because it have nice colour, and i was borred with the DBG or LBG.

Mm. I guess the thing is that I don't like that particular rendition of the Alliance Assault Frigate.

What are DBG and LBG?

Oh yeah, that's bad megablocks! I love the midi-scale - as long as LEGO themselves aren't doing it. MOCs like this put LEGO's midi-scale attempts completely to shame, well done sir.

On the contrary, both 7778 and 8099 were very well done. They've got a solid build, good size, and the detail of a UCS set at a more affordable price. It's a shame they weren't popular among the minifigure hoarders.