Sign in to follow this  
Andonii

Albion, The Rampant Lion Inn

The Rampant Lion Inn is a small inn, but serves the best ale in Avalonia. If any traveller passes through the city, they always stop here. de Gothia of Avalonia was enjoying a drink at the inn with me this day.

The Inn

6487060415_73d388c139.jpg

Birds Eye View

6487059125_f569ea151e.jpg

de Gothia

6487064017_5360819288.jpg

Andonii

6487062087_d2aab512a1.jpg

Thanks.

Hail Avalonia

Wow, it's small....but does the job 'Andonii'. :wink:

But....timber base with stone work above it....shouldn't it be the other way round, stone footings and timber walls ?

Anyway, Brick On fellow defender of Avalonia........Avalonia Forever !

Andonii, don´t take this the wrong way, it´s great to see your enthuisasm to Avalonia but all your buildings (even the farm you did in LDD) kind of looks the same...

Try to get out of your comfort zone and think outside the box ( :wink: ). Try to add some windows with arches over, add doors, bend the buildings, or get them a little more rough texture, add a little more to the outside like pebbles and stones on the ground...

I realize that with a limited number of bricks it´s harder but I know that you could do some magic! :classic:

And that drink was sure fine!

Keep up the mocing andonii and the fact that I´m being harsch on you is because I know you can do much better!! :classic:

Andonii, don´t take this the wrong way, it´s great to see your enthuisasm to Avalonia but all your buildings (even the farm you did in LDD) kind of looks the same...

Try to get out of your comfort zone and think outside the box ( :wink: ). Try to add some windows with arches over, add doors, bend the buildings, or get them a little more rough texture, add a little more to the outside like pebbles and stones on the ground...

I realize that with a limited number of bricks it´s harder but I know that you could do some magic! :classic:

And that drink was sure fine!

Keep up the mocing andonii and the fact that I´m being harsch on you is because I know you can do much better!! :classic:

I'll try next time, but as you said, it is difficult with a limited amount of bricks. Although, I get your point.

Perhaps a design rethink, go classic town style open back, add a bar for the barmaid to serve and bark at the drunk knights when they have had too much cheer. :wink:

Look at the tavern design in the POTC London Escape set and score some inspiration from that 'Andonii'.....Brick On ! :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

Don't be in such a rush to post something. EB will be here when you get more pieces. Is money an issue? If it is I suggest you get sets like the creator cabin and apple treehouse. Those sets give you a lot to work with your current collection added in. Lightningtiger made a good suggestion. Do you have any of those two part bricks that move so you can make an angled roof out of plates? One bulding tip I can share with you is if you use windows, they can really stretch your parts out if you do it right. Didn't I tell you that before?