Jareth

Giant Mantis Hunt

Greetings travelers. I must advise you to stay out of that forest. It is inhabited by a most ferocious beast.

mantis1.jpg

Most people only hunt them in the fall, when their green armor doesn't hide them. We pay them a bounty and use the beast's legs to make polearms. The centaurs capture them live as a totemic spirit.

centaur_hunt1.jpg

Please forgive the crude background. It is only meant to showcase the mantis. More pictures can be found on my bricklink page.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=494639

I wish there was an oscar for best use of Army Men accessories... cause you'd win :)

Very inventive way and great brick-built animal.

Though don't Mantises have antenna ?

I wish there was an oscar for best use of Army Men accessories... cause you'd win :)

Very inventive way and great brick-built animal.

Though don't Mantises have antenna ?

If I recall correctly, the first step in hunting a giant mantis is a ride by attack to slice of it's antennae with a well timed swing of the sword. This then disorientates the creature, allowing the rest of the hunting party to move in to close quarters with a reduced risk of fatalities from the beasts deadly mandibles or lethal hind leg kicks :wink:

Brilliant build, love the innovative parts use, and a great original concept all round!

Very original use of parts! I would not even know the name of most of them, but I like the radios and the gun-thingies for the back legs and the switch bases for eyes.

Excellent build Jareth, the more I look at it the more I appreciate the simplicity, for instance the head could not really be done better at this scale. Great parts use too.

:classic: