General Armendariz

The D-Day Project

Army update: (Kinda Old)

4470528134_dc6d2b8902.jpg

Now we await the WWII BA Order...

Okay, this will be my biggest project i'll ever attempt.

This Project is SERIOUS.

I am going to build a diorama of Omaha Beach as it looked on June 6, 1944. Saying this it will be HUGE and take long to make and order all the parts.

So far, I've ordered only figs and such. Right now I have 12 US figs. I ordered 31 M1 helmets also.

I'm planning on it being 416 studs wide. here is a picture of how wide it will look.

4277766185_2c1ffff786.jpg

All of them are 32 x 32 Lego base plates. I'm sure it will be 7 baseplates long.

Heres how the American soldiers will look,

4468517877_f9670c49f4_o.png

This is a medic. With some Standard US Soldiers by him. Thats how they will look. Just replaced with the new BA M1's :D

I still havent thought of a good design for the LCVP Higgins boats. I'l be building about 12 to 14 of those.

The boats will hold 12 or 14 sldiers in each. Meaning I need up to 144 American soldiers.

Heres how the LCVP boats will be...

higginswwiilcvpl_1.png

find out more about the LCVP's here.

The Germans will use the BrickArms Stahlhelm's / AMAZINGARMORY WWII German Helmets... The torso I'll use will be the old dark bley dino 2010 sets tosos. Or Custom...

Heres a little peek at the Nazi's

4267054651_0a2dc21f95_o.png

The Hill were the German have there Pillboxes will be made with BURP's.

And the beach will be made with a LOT of tan Baseplates. The water will only be a little. Using the 32 x 32 blue baseplates.

Project will probably take a year so keep an eye on this thread.

I'm making this to show what the horrors of WWII were like and a memorial for what they did.

When finished you may see it at a future Brickworld :blush:

Commets? Suggestions?

Edited by General Armendariz

Wow, goodluck mate, I love seeing huge projects like this unfold. Certainly a big spectacle to pull off but I'm sure you'll manage if you have enough determination. I will be jealous of your tan baseplates.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Sounds huge, and it'll take alot of dedication. but yeah, wow! also sounds like alot of money, but I can't wait to see the finished result. :cry_happy:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Good luck from me on your recreation of 'The Longest Day'.

But one thing the GI's shouldn't their shirts be green, I thought tan was used in the desert - but I could be wrong.

Can't wait to see the landing craft.

Someone will have to do the beach (I think it was 'Sword') where the British landed with their weird tanks - in Lego they would be awesome.

Lest We Forget. :sadnew:

Man how I'd love to help out! I've always wanted to do this! Just thought it would be too expensive.

I actually wanted to make Omaha first, then I thought about Sword Beach because its British like me, plus it was the only beach to face Panzer divisions on the 6th.

I then saw a few foreign war movies such as Der Untergang (Downfall) or Stalingrad (German Movie, really good) so I felt like doing a Soviet Russia Stalingrad MOC. Like a full size part of the city. :thumbup:

stalingrad.jpg

Edited by Joey Lock

Man how I'd love to help out! I've always wanted to do this! Just thought it would be too expensive.

It would be great if you could help! sadly, were countries apart :sadnew:

I actually wanted to make Omaha first, then I thought about Sword Beach because its British like me, plus it was the only beach to face Panzer divisions on the 6th.

I then saw a few foreign war movies such as Der Untergang (Downfall) or Stalingrad (German Movie, really good) so I felt like doing a Soviet Russia Stalingrad MOC. Like a full size part of the city.

Actually green shirts would not really be appropriate for this. They would be great for Marines in the Pacific Theatre but this is what a US Infantryman would look like on Omaha Beach:

Check out the Operation Bricklord discussion for more on US uniforms.

I've read this before, I've read many on uniforms and I made sure that my uniforms were correct.

This sounds amazing General! Sad is the thing you put your pirates in the shelves for a while. :tongue:

I can't describe how eager I am to see this project finished, since I have a huge interest in the second world war.

If you need help, just ask me. :wink:

If you need ideas for how to build bunkers or ships I'd ask Baronsat. He makes terrific WWII stuff, shame its, well in my opinion, very overpriced! :grin:

ww2-german-bunker-shop.jpg

landing-craft-00.jpg

This sounds amazing General! Sad is the thing you put your pirates in the shelves for a while. :tongue:

I can't describe how eager I am to see this project finished, since I have a huge interest in the second world war.

If you need help, just ask me. :wink:

Yeah it sucks :tongue: But I will never sell my pirates.

Oh, and thanks for your interist in helping me :classic:

That will be massive! Good luck on pulling it off.

Thanks!

If you need ideas for how to build bunkers or ships I'd ask Baronsat. He makes terrific WWII stuff, shame its, well in my opinion, very overpriced! :grin:

snip!

Thanks Joey, I've seen his great WWII creations and I will probably build a tad smaller version of his

Something like this

4193202286_1b6f9e3ea8.jpg

Or this

4025408826_acbe5c533e.jpg

What a gigantic project, but this could be great, I'm rooting for you. Are those the new Toy Story helmets? Those will be expensive being the sets are brand new.

What a gigantic project, but this could be great, I'm rooting for you. Are those the new Toy Story helmets? Those will be expensive being the sets are brand new.

No Toys Story sets. These are Sluban/Oxford set Helmets. Its amazing how great the helmet quality is.And it fits Perfect!

Parts will start being ordered a couple days after christmas.

It's a pitty you can't use these in your MEGA-MOC this soldier is from 'Brickarms'.

Thrash_Para_1.jpg

WWII U.S. Paratrooper.

They were landing way inland (if my viewing of History Channel is true) so I dont think any of them got any sand in their boots.

I just also realised that you'll have to build up the German defences to, don't forget the engineers with the long pipe explosive charges, etc.,.

Now you have me thinking about doing a MOC in honor of ANZAC day next year.

I don't get why that figure is grey...

The 101st Airborne didn't have grey uniforms... :sceptic:

You should include that 1,000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries on the Normandy coast before the invasion. So I'd make the beaches and Pillboxes look slightly damaged by the bombing raid.

I am a bit unsure of how your going to make craters in the tiled beach from the constant German 88's?

Thats if you want to make this accurate. Also, If you need helmets and stuff, buy some packs from Woody64's Molds.

You should include that 1,000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries on the Normandy coast before the invasion. So I'd make the beaches and Pillboxes look slightly damaged by the bombing raid.

I am a bit unsure of how your going to make craters in the tiled beach from the constant German 88's?

Thats if you want to make this accurate. Also, If you need helmets and stuff, buy some packs from Woody64's Molds.

Helmets easily taken care of. Many people these days sell the m1 Pot Helmets.

I have an idea for the bomb shells from the 88's. Under the whole Diorama, There will be a skeleton with just radom colored bricks holding it up.

A few supports under every base plate. The skeleton under the beach will be 3 or 4 bricks deep. so in some spots there will be craters made out of brown and tan bricks.

I already have 12 M1 helmets and have 31 coming in the mail.

This looks interesting, I'll certainly check the developments of this project :classic:

Having started with a huge project myself, I know the time and costs it consumes :laugh:

On a side note about Operation Bricklord, I find it curious that there was a thread posted on how the US figures should look, while I saw a Soviet T-76 on the pictures of the layout :laugh:

Gaetano

TT

Helmets easily taken care of. Many people these days sell the m1 Pot Helmets.

I have an idea for the bomb shells from the 88's. Under the whole Diorama, There will be a skeleton with just radom colored bricks holding it up.

A few supports under every base plate. The skeleton under the beach will be 3 or 4 bricks deep. so in some spots there will be craters made out of brown and tan bricks.

I already have 12 M1 helmets and have 31 coming in the mail.

Pretty sure 43 Soldiers are gonna be able to storm that big beach successfully? :grin:

Also, do you have Medic Helmet Decals? If so, Were do you get 'em from? I wouldn't mind buying some.

Pretty sure 43 Soldiers are gonna be able to storm that big beach successfully? :grin:

Also, do you have Medic Helmet Decals? If so, Were do you get 'em from? I wouldn't mind buying some.

Dont worry, I'll ge more soldiers than that :tongue:

Actually the Medic in the first post is mine.

I made it by first resizing a picture off of google images.

Then I printed it out on a sticker paper cut it out and placed it on the helmet. Just look at my avatar. :classic:

The British bombardment completely missed :sceptic: But the shelling from the ships had a large effect.

Good Luck General :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dont worry, I'll ge more soldiers than that :tongue:

Actually the Medic in the first post is mine.

I made it by first resizing a picture off of google images.

Then I printed it out on a sticker paper cut it out and placed it on the helmet. Just look at my avatar. :classic:

Enlighten Brick did a very nice Medic M1 Pot Helmet. I wanted to buy all the Enlighten Brick military and Pirate sets until Lego stupidly asked Ebay to ban them... :cry_sad:

They were cheap Tanks, M1 Pot helmets, guns e.t.c. And they worked perfectly with Lego!

The British bombardment completely missed :sceptic: But the shelling from the ships had a large effect.

Good Luck General :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well it was at night, I'd like to see you try! :laugh:

Well it was at night, I'd like to see you try! :laugh:

I'm a Canadian! I can do anything better than my British brothers! :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot