legomilk

Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

Can't wait! I watched the video and spied arctic foxes, new animal? If so, yes!!!! Looks like it will be north pole, so, no penguins. The color orange makes sense to me. What color are you most likely to make out in a blizzard. It's also an Alaskan Coast Guard color. Maybe we'll get some Bering sea crab fishermen. This seems to be taking the place of Power Miners. Atlantis and Pharaohs Quest are an off-shoot of the same storyline, and Monster Hunters seems to be taking over that slot. If we get an arctic fox, maybe we'll get a brown, orange or grey fox in the City forestry sub-theme.

Just re-watched it and saw what appear to be a seal and a walrus. Plus the little video of minifigs mountain-climbing. More to hope for.

Edited by gedren_y

Can't wait! I watched the video and spied arctic foxes, new animal? If so, yes!!!! Looks like it will be north pole, so, no penguins. The color orange makes sense to me. What color are you most likely to make out in a blizzard. It's also an Alaskan Coast Guard color. Maybe we'll get some Bering sea crab fishermen. This seems to be taking the place of Power Miners. Atlantis and Pharaohs Quest are an off-shoot of the same storyline, and Monster Hunters seems to be taking over that slot. If we get an arctic fox, maybe we'll get a brown, orange or grey fox in the City forestry sub-theme.

Just re-watched it and saw what appear to be a seal and a walrus. Plus the little video of minifigs mountain-climbing. More to hope for.

Wait wait wait...what video?

I highly doubt that this will be the case. City (and perhaps Kingdoms) have been the only realistic themes in a while. It works (as TLG is still in business), so why change it?

I'm just going by legomilk's description of them being "researchers." That seems to indicate a theme based more around exploration. It could also be similar to 2012 Dino and the European version of Dino Attack, having the conflict not be a brutal war against evil monstrosities but merely another riff on "man vs. wild"

Edited by Zarkan

Wait wait wait...what video?

The Youtube video of the rollercoaster ride The Yellow Brick linked on page 2.

I watched the video and spied arctic foxes, new animal? If so, yes!!!! Looks like it will be north pole, so, no penguins.

There is three penguins on the right side of the track right before the end (1:33 and 3:06). I wouldn't draw much conclusions about the theme from this ride, though. Especially when it comes to any new animal molds that might be made, as there's quite an amount of different animals cluttered along the rollercoaster track.

Thanks for the info Legomilk. :thumbup:

A new "Polar Explorer" type theme would be great. I personally am hoping for different sets based in different "frozen" locations; such as the Himalayas, Antarctica, the Arctic and so on. The bear mold recolored as a polar bear would be a good choice, as would a new penguin mold and maybe even seals? :wub:

I also believe the first Arctic theme was supposedly based in Antarctica, but it still included polar bears. :laugh:

Thanks for the info Legomilk. :thumbup:

A new "Polar Explorer" type theme would be great. I personally am hoping for different sets based in different "frozen" locations; such as the Himalayas, Antarctica, the Arctic and so on. The bear mold recolored as a polar bear would be a good choice, as would a new penguin mold and maybe even seals? :wub:

I also believe the first Arctic theme was supposedly based in Antarctica, but it still included polar bears. :laugh:

I think that it was based in the Arctic. (Hence the name. :wink:)

Edit: You may be thinking of Alpha Team "Mission Deep Freeze". That was based in Antarctica.

Edited by LEGOman273

I think that it was based in the Arctic. (Hence the name. :wink:)

Edit: You may be thinking of Alpha Team "Mission Deep Freeze". That was based in Antarctica.

It is possible, I do have some of the original instructions with multiple images. For example, here on page 12, it shows penguins, yet also a map of the North Pole. This is also a good source to view those images.

It is possible, I do have some of the original instructions with multiple images. For example, here on page 12, it shows penguins, yet also a map of the North Pole. This is also a good source to view those images.

*huh* That's weird.

Here's a POV of the new ride.

I really hope that this expands into a new theme, the Polar themed sets have always interested me but I never got a chance to get any.

With all the new peices and designs we've seen in sets, it will be interesting to see what they can come up with for a new polar/arctic

Maybe the first set will feature a Kurt Russel minifigs... And a dog? :sweet:

Maybe the first set will feature a Kurt Russel minifigs... And a dog? :sweet:

But please do not omit the mandatory helicopter + 2 danish researchers of which one would have a VERY bad aim!

Well played, man, well played! :devil::thumbup:

Be well!

Cutty

Also that ride looks pretty good considering it's for kids :thumbup: Really want to ride that now!

As Peppy said, it's a great ride. A proper rollercoaster, not like the tame things they usually have at LEGOLAND parks.

Actually, it would seem that the Legoland ride is called "POLAR X-PLORER", not Polar Express/Xpress or Expedition.

If you look at the sign in the first photo on this page it would seem that the main colour of the theme is going to be orange as well.

Of course, it could be entirely unrelated, but if there really is a polar theme coming out next year it'd be very strange if it didn't match with the already existing ride.

Yes, you're right. But all over and around the ride are signs reading 'Polar Expedition', including one built from LEGO. Sadly, I failed to get any pictures.

I suspect orange will be the theme colour, too :wink:

The animals featured are mainly North Pole (polar bears, arctic fox etc.) but they do have live penguins there. I wouldn't put it past LEGO to include animals from both poles into the range! :laugh:

Oh, no way. This is so so so awesome. I... really want this to be true.

I was a huge fan of LEGO Arctic and I would be very happy about a reboot, if done right. :classic:

-Gata signoff.jpg

The animals featured are mainly North Pole (polar bears, arctic fox etc.) but they do have live penguins there. I wouldn't put it past LEGO to include animals from both poles into the range! :laugh:

Who cares what pole they're from, I want both penguins and polar bears, so I hope they ignore the fact they don't coexist and give us both :laugh:.

Wolder if there will be an arctic wolf or something that uses the (hoped for) warg mold from The hobbit.

Wolder if there will be an arctic wolf or something that uses the (hoped for) warg mold from The hobbit.

That would be awesome! On a related note: I really hope we get wargs :excited:

Dunno. Even if Jackson & co. do redesign wargs for the Hobbit movies to look at least slightly like wolves instead of mongrel hyenas from outer space, a Lego version should be much too big to represent a real wolf.

Dunno. Even if Jackson & co. do redesign wargs for the Hobbit movies to look at least slightly like wolves instead of mongrel hyenas from outer space, a Lego version should be much too big to represent a real wolf.

Are you sure they redesigned them? I remember Del toro wanting to redesign them but he left the movie ages ago.

And perhaps they will explore a new type of large wolf :P in the arctic lego theme.

Are you sure they redesigned them? I remember Del toro wanting to redesign them but he left the movie ages ago.

No, I meant to say that I don't know whether or not they have redesigned them, but even if they have, the resulting Lego mold would be more fitting for a huge Game of Thrones dire wolf than a real wolf. But as you say, including unnaturally big wolves in a theme would not be in itself a problem for Lego designers, it all depends on the style and the feel the theme takes. Then again it could possibly also breach their license agreements, just as I don't expect to see the tauntaun mold used outside of the Star Wars theme.

That really would be the only way to satisfy me.

I am, however, hoping this one will be more realistic than the original Arctic, but that doesn't seem very likely. :sceptic:

.. and I had high hopes for a revisit of the Adventurers /Pharaos Quest, sending them to Himalaya. Guess no "classic" adventure theme then, as this seems to be filling the gap and the orange colour tells me this is modern times and not classis 1920s /30s adventure themes. Anyway, will look before I judge (and really need to get going with own creations for my taste).

Yes, you're right. But all over and around the ride are signs reading 'Polar Expedition', including one built from LEGO. Sadly, I failed to get any pictures.

Well, I did! default_tong.gif

Expect to get something like this:

dsc_0260.jpg

I want a transparent igloo! For my eskimo family I built with spare Collectible Minifigures.

And perhaps they will explore a new type of large wolf :P in the arctic lego theme.

It will be years before we find out what any redesigned Dire Wolves look like. They don't appear until what will now be the second movie. I think the first one ends after Mirkwood.

A new arctic theme would be great. Something that uses more modern and detailed techniques to make less boxy arctic vehicles. Although the geek in me can't help but wish that it involves Aliens found in the Arctic :tongue: