Hey Everyone!

I thought I would make a new thread as I'm very excited to offer instructions at MOCplans very very soon!

Also after a month of trying due to bad weather and stuff, finally have finished the video.

Extremely happy with how it turned out, so without any further delay I present the Deadly Nightshade Off-Road Buggy!

14871719764_0a9768f7da_b.jpg

Extra pics here

https://www.flickr.c...57647263278138/

Instructions here

http://mocplans.com/designer/deadly-nightshade.html

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Doc_Brown

Enjoy wet T-shirt party:))))

Love this video. Car is really fast and stable

Wow, that is an incredibly capable buggy. Makes me wish I had some of those RC motors and receiver. With Lego creations performing at this level, it would be really helpful to have some dampers for those shocks. The model would be way more controllable off road that way.

JUST WOW MAN!

its performances went clearly over my expectations lol

and the edit of the video is sick!

what tires are those? 81.9?

i wanna make something to compete with that hahah....unfortunately it won't have the radio control :\

Love the slow mo of it taking off the ramp! Great buggy. TLG need to do something like this and come up with a new buggy motor.

H :thumbup:

Edited by Horace T

The speed of the buggy is very impressive! I would agree that some dampeners for the shocks would help a lot. The old pneumatics with only one input/output work really well with springs. I used that combo in my trophy truck and it helped a lot with suspension bounce.

tim

@Doc_Brown - I love the look of this model - the dark blue looks nice, and it seems to handle off-road very well. Great work :thumbup:

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

I do have 2 dampers from 8466 so will give that a try.

Just weighed it more accurately and it is actually 904 grams! I wonder if lithium weigh less than standard AA. :tongue:

Yes they are 81 mm tires, my fave I think, best shape and size. :grin:

Edited by Doc_Brown

Very nice buggy, I realy love the sleek look! And it looks like those lithium batteries realy boost up the RC unit's performance!

But it's a shame they're so expensive...

Amazing buggy, I'm even more envious of all of you how have the whole RC buggy gear (not just motors, but receiver, etc.)

Do you think something at this level will be doable with the same motors, SBrick and powerful 9V batteries?

Amazing buggy, I'm even more envious of all of you how have the whole RC buggy gear (not just motors, but receiver, etc.)

Do you think something at this level will be doable with the same motors, SBrick and powerful 9V batteries?

Thanks very much! It may be possible, I will look into it when I have some more time. :grin:

Very cool buggy! Color, suspension, engines... I love everything about it! :wub:

Btw. Very nice video demonstration. :thumbup:

It's a heap of fun to play with, it certainly has some speed!!!!

I even got it sliding around on carpet LOL!!

How does the performance compare to the 8475 set? I have it and 8366, but haven't done much with them.

I'm not sure as I have never built 8475, but certainly has a lower center of gravity! haha.

When it runs over rough terrain seems to be a raged animal!!

Very nice work!!

Thank you very much!

Great work! That buggy looks and performs awesome! Those buggy motors are certainly fast with the RC receiver and lithium batteries. Very impressive overall. Thanks for making such a capable buggy and great video too.