Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion
Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:38 PM
- Venom-- excellent, and I love the creative part use for his tendrils. Should put to rest many people's fears that characters depicted by the Comic-Con promotional figs will never appear as sets-- yes, the Comic-Con exclusive "Venom" is really closer to black-suit Spider-Man, but it can't be ignored that the two figs seem to share the exact same torso. Not to mention how many people felt let down that the "Venom" fig was not actually depicting Venom.
- Spider-Man-- seen him, but it's a nice fig design nonetheless.
- Nova-- Nice fig design; somewhat lacking in detail compared to movie-based figs. But I suppose I shouldn't complain, since at least the cartoon-based characters aren't wholly incompatible with other fleshies the way most cartoon-based licenses have been in the past. Note that his face print demands a dual-sided face, one side with a white "blindfold".
- Nick Fury-- Amazing face print, again with a torso print somewhat lacking in detail. His face print will go perfectly with figs based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- J. Jonah Jameson-- Nice to have such a useful hair piece in Dark Stone Grey. He seems like a generally nice fig.
- Dr. Doom-- A great likeness of the character. It seems like he might use a different cape than the traditional "jedi cape" which usually flares out slightly, but I can't tell for sure.
- Beetle-- First character I am almost entirely unfamiliar with, but I'm aware he will be making an appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. His wings look like they feature the same amazing lenticular effect as 98566, but hopefully it works just as well on this piece as on that one (a previous part to use this effect, 61798, had it a lot subtler due to a different material and a thinner part in general).
- Scarecrow-- Very nice, definitely a lot more apparent that he's supposed to be a man in a mask than it was with the last version. Colors are nice and earthy-looking.
- Robin-- No new parts here but a very nice likeness of his hooded design.
- The Penguin-- short legs in Medium Lavender are new and potentially useful. A very different depiction than his previous one, but still very nice.
- Mr. Freeze-- He looks nice, and like some people I kind of hope his red goggles are on the reverse side of his head. Does anyone know if this is based on any particular depiction of Mr. Freeze, or just an archetypical portrayal of his refrigerated suit?
- Joker-- Nice orange jumpsuit, and Joker's bleached-white skin color makes it usable for other inmates in any theme if you just imagine the white neck as an undershirt.
- Poison Ivy-- Not new, but still nice.
- Harley Quinn-- It would be neat if her costume weren't showing underneath her uniform so you could use this either as Dr. Harleen Quinzel before she took up a life of crime or as Harley Quinn in civilian disguise, which is probably the intent of this depiction. But the outfit will make her more recognizable to younger viewers.
- Policeman/Guard-- Not new, nothing to see here.
- Commissioner Gordon-- Very nice design. Again, so happy they made the Super Heroes figs from all media intercompatible.
- Black-Suit Batman-- The wing pack is new in black, and probably very versatile in that color. Probably appears with Joker, Harley, the policeman/guard, and possibly Poison Ivy, Robin, and/or Scarecrow in an Arkham Asylum set.
- TDKR Batman-- Decent fig. Not as perfect a likeness as the Comic-Con figure from last year, but still sufficiently awesome.
- TDKR Bane-- Very nice fig, a lot more distinctive than an alternate Batman costume. His source is instantly identifiable. Nice use of Olive Green. Probably appears with TDKR Batman and Commissioner Gordon in a TDKR set.
- Aquaman-- A very good likeness. His hair color looks regular Bright Yellow (BL's Yellow), a color TLG doesn't use often for minifig hair. Usually they prefer Brick Yellow (BL's Tan) or Cool Yellow (BL's Bright Light Yellow). Bright Yellow won't be as useful for non-fleshies, but it suits Aquaman.
- White-Suit Batman-- Very stylish. Almost certainly appears with Mr. Freeze and possibly with Aquaman and/or the Penguin.
Edited by Aanchir, 14 July 2012 - 01:38 PM.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:14 PM
Untitled-Captured-01334 by legokermie, on Flickr
Edited by kermit, 14 July 2012 - 02:23 PM.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:29 PM
The press release only mentioned figures.
Edited by Superficial Username, 14 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:38 PM
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:40 PM
I don`t think they would purposely display it myself but it could be an unfinished model of the real set. I do recall from the dark knight rises trailer that there is a scene where bruce is in some kind of jail that looks like this.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:41 PM
Do these legs look like they match up with the pink Umbridge from the OOTP HP castle set? I think these new legs would be more accurate to the book that way, correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:49 PM
No, I don't know the color names but these are more purple than the pink Umbridge.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:04 PM
[list][*]Venom-- excellent, and I love the creative part use for his tendrils. Should put to rest many people's fears that characters depicted by the Comic-Con promotional figs will never appear as sets-- yes, the Comic-Con exclusive "Venom" is really closer to black-suit Spider-Man, but it can't be ignored that the two figs seem to share the exact same torso. Not to mention how many people felt let down that the "Venom" fig was not actually depicting Venom.
To have faith is to have wings.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:03 PM
Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:07 PM
Click here to find out more about WhiteFang
Sign up for Reviewers Academy
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines || Index of helpful tutorials
My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.
Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)
Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:10 PM
But then it says find them at Comic Con . I don't think we will (find them in sets).
Edited by sologuy369, 14 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-CW clone bp
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
-and way more!!!
-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:30 PM
I have a feeling that at NYCC, we'll get Killer Croc for DC and The Lizard for Marvel, because it's not popular enough to give out 4000 figures. Alligators/Crocodiles in New York's sewers, anyone?
Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:01 PM
The white suited Batman has to be one of my favourite figs of all time, roll on 2013!
*Edit* Hang on a sec, does this mean there wont be any Green Lantern sets?
Edited by charlieboy, 14 July 2012 - 07:29 PM.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM
Well the chance of getting Green Lantern in the January wave isn't very big. Maybe he will in the summer Lego Superheroes wave.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:21 PM
Maybe, and I wouldn't mind, but I bet that the summer wave is reserved for the Man of Steel and Iron-Man 3 sets we heard about, and possibly Thor 2.
Reply to this topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users