This is an outstanding MOC ! I give you a 9/10 for this, and I think there isn't that much that can be improved, except for (maybe) changing your division from medium to large. I would at least consult an admin/mod for this, to check if it is eligible to enter the medium division (wich I doubt).
Your minifigs are ok, their faces too, and the tower/bank is so realistic and "finished".
I think you have a good chanche to win a prize with it. So: good work !
1) Maybe adding a few more details like placing a cannon on the towerroof, or hanging a flag (a Bluecoat or Redcoat flag I mean) would make it look even more real.
2) Let the guards on the roof have a part of the action, let them shoot or something, or cry for help, sound an alarm... They must have heard or seen something. The others did.
3) I think the (red and brown) tiles used for the first floor could be replaced with others (like grey) but I doubt this is a necessity. I would however like to see something more going on there, maybe you could place a hanger with a medieval armor there, or some candles, a bookcase,...
4) As suggested by Erdbeereis1, tiling the entire MOC would probably look a bit better. And more leeves for the tree are always welcome as well.
5) I would add a monkey, a parrot, another bird or a homemade animal to the MOC, those are always so cool !
Non-brick related advise:
1) try to post more photos here, six for example, this way we know which ones whe should judge.
Remember: the first one is the one to be judged for points, and decides who will win! (I like your first pic BTW)
2) Are you certain about entering in Medium Class? I think it's too broad...But that is just MHO.
THIS IS STATED in Da rules
What does "stacking plates" refer to?
This only applies to the small and medium categories. You can't build up plates so that they overlap the maximum size of the category, but reasonable overlap is allowed (e.g. minifigs, plants). None of this, but stuff like this is allowed.
Edited by zorro3999, 12 October 2008 - 04:59 PM.