Duffman

The Building of Fort St. Katherine

Hi all!

Thought I'd share some drawings I have made for the Soldier's Fort, St. Katherine. Right now, every side has 4 cannons. After comparing this to a 32x32 baseplate, I think each side will only be able to have two. 32x32 isn't as big as I thought it was...... :pir_wacko: Right now the color scheme is reddish brown representing logs, and tan, representing mortar. Here's what i have so far:

Bird's Eye View

Cross-section

C@C Welcome :pir-grin:

-Duffman

Looks good, too bad 4 guns on each side is too much :( Maybe 3 would fit well? Sounds good, and I love the drawings, good luck to ya!

The basplate is never as big as you think. I found that out building my portion :pir_laugh2:

About your cross-section... a minifig is actually 5 or 6 bricks high, and if you want them to have enough room to walk you need to give them four studs, not two. Your idea is good, you just need to scale it up some.

Great job already! Looks like it's going to be a nice fort to protect the town! :thumbup:

Now the only thing left is to start grabbing bricks!

Thanks!

I was considering 3 guns on each side, but I didn't know if the odd number would look weird?

Thanks for the input on the cross-sections, I don't know why I thought a minifigure was only 3 bricks tall. :pir-laugh:

I'm ordering a new baseplate tonight, and maybe the bricks sometime later this week.

Thanks!

-Duffman