Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #7: The Arena

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate into this quest. If you wish to join the game, head to the Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~

Quest #7 - The Arena

DSCN0784-1.jpg

The party wakes up in a dark musty room. They find themselves without potions or weapons (do not worry, these will be returned at the end of the quest even if you fail). 8 other creatures, all warriors by the look of it, stand in the room as well, coming to. They cry out.

“Where are we?”

“What has happened?”

“Let us out!”

There is no response. In a corner is a rack, filled with weapons. The party walks towards it and reads a note next to it: “Arm yourselves.” On the rack are the following weapons, all looking mismatched and used. The party must divi them up between themselves:

1x Mockthril Club (WP: 4, suitable for barbarians)

1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

1x Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

1x Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

1x Shuriken (WP: 3, suitable for rogues and rangers)

1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Bartholomew Docken

ava-bartholomew.png(played by Brickdoctor)

Level 6 Ranger

31-year old human male

Power: -

Health: 12/12

Gold: 40

Inventory: NONE (PLEASE NOTE - I have recorded all other players inventories, but because you are using whatever cool software you are using, I can not copy and paste your's. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write down what you have currently so that it may be returned to you when the quest ends. This goes for everyone else as well, but double for you!)

Sir Christopher Daggerfall

019.JPG(played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 15\15

Gold: 12

Inventory: NONE

Cronk (Party Leader)

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Level 6 Knight

28 years old Male Orc

Health: 15/15

Gold: 0

Eric

eric_small.jpg(played by Khorne)

Level 7 Barbarian

30 year old Male Norse Human

Health: 14/14

Gold: 65

Thothwick

ava-thothwick.jpg (played by Professor Flitwick)

Level 1 Rouge

44 year old male Metasimian

Health: 7

Gold: 10

Jess Islanti

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpgJess Islanti (played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

74 year old female Elf.

Health: 12/12

Gold: 30

Hybros

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg(played by JimButcher)

Level 7 Rogue

50 years old male imp

Health: 14/14

Gold: 35

Henry Sicariul

heroicaava02.jpg(played by Peanuts)

Level 1 Rogue

22 Years old Male Human

Health: 7/7

Gold: 5

Edited by Zepher

Jess comes to first, and races to the pile of weaponry. She picks up the Sword of Power (WP: 6). She then takes a defensive position, and prepares for the battle that will surely follow.

QM NOTE

It's up to the dearly beloved Cronk to divi up the weapons. Simply request what you want, but he makes the final call. :thumbup: For reasons that have already made themselves obvious.

Seeing the look on her party leader's face, Jess calms herself. She eases the sword from her grip, and waits patiently for Cronk's decision.

"I do believe that I would be far more useful with a more powerful weapon, Cronk," Jess said, sweetening her voice.

How dare Draco man treat Cronk and friends like this! But Cronk fear this possibility may happen. Cronk and friends must take weapons and prevail against Mean Draco man.

Yes, wait for Cronk. Cronk need to divide weapons fairly. Cronk's head hurts so give Cronk a minute...

Cronk and friends must be careful. Cronk not want any friends getting weapon friend not able use. And Cronk should probably spread weapons around to ensure all friends can contribute to victory. Argh. Cronk's head hurt even more...

Actually, seeing as I'm the only Ranger, I suppose I have to take Mockthril Crossbow. Which isn't that bad at WP: 4, and I wouldn't have to retrieve my weapon after each attack.

(PLEASE NOTE - I have recorded all other players inventories, but because you are using whatever cool software you are using, I can not copy and paste your's. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write down what you have currently so that it may be returned to you when the quest ends. This goes for everyone else as well, but double for you!)

<out of character>It's not cool software; it's just the board's acronym feature. I'll just leave it. It's simple enough to remember that I have nothing else in this quest. </out of character>

"I'm in a good mood, so I'll volunteer to take the Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4), if you like, Cronk."

Docken, perhaps you would allow me or another rogue to have the Shuriken of Mercutio, seeing as you're the only one who can use the crossbow.

Personally, I think we should give the more powerful weapons to the inexperienced heroes among us, because they'll not be able to stand as long in the front line as us experienced ones. I which case, the two shurikens should go to Henry and Tothwick (since they are weaker and will be less damage done, so we'll lose less while they retrieve the throwing weapons).

I'll take the Mockthril Longsword or the Bronze Longsword then.

Docken, perhaps you would allow me or another rogue to have the Shuriken of Mercutio, seeing as you're the only one who can use the crossbow.

I'm two posts one step ahead of you. :grin:

"I'm in a good mood, so I'll volunteer to take the Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4), if you like, Cronk."

That what Cronk think may happen anyway as Cronk figures problem. Cronk thanks Rogue Jess for understanding.

Personally, I think we should give the more powerful weapons to the inexperienced heroes among us, because they'll not be able to stand as long in the front line as us experienced ones. I which case, the two shurikens should go to Henry and Tothwick (since they are weaker and will be less damage done, so we'll lose less while they retrieve the throwing weapons).

I'll take the Mockthril Longsword or the Bronze Longsword then.

Cronk trying to work out distribution to try make friends more or less even in power. And yes Cronk know Barbarian Eric and Ranger Docken only have one choice if party all want weapons. Cronk will take Rogue Hybros' preference under advisement.

I'm two posts one step ahead of you. :grin:

Of course. We're all just talking too fast. :tongue:

Cronk, if it helps, here's my suggestion for weapon assignments. If it's just going to confuse/distract you, ignore it.

Eric: 1x Mockthril Club (WP: 4, suitable for barbarians)

Daggerfall: 1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Hybros: 1x Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Cronk: 1x Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

Docken: 1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

Henry: 1x Shuriken (WP: 3, suitable for rogues and rangers)

Thothwick: 1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

Jess: 1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

I suggested the weaker of the swords for you Cronk, since Knights have a higher base power than Rogues (I gave myself and Jess the more powerful rogue-usable swords). Since Henry and Thothwick are equal in power, one or the other has to take the weaker shuriken .

Of course, some of these are interchangeable (Cronk and Daggerfall, Hybros and Jess, Henry and Thothwick).

I'm looking forward to questing with all of you. It's good to see some familiar faces as well as fresh ones.

Cronk continues to scratch out diagrams in the dirt

Hmmm. Cronk still thinking.

Will it be possible for the party to switch weapons around as we level and hopefully find more weapons?

Of course. We're all just talking too fast. :tongue:

Since I didn't know who would control the dividing, I just jumped on the most powerful weapon I could use first, and then thought about the decision second. :tongue:

Cronk thinking Cronk try make all friends power equal and so make not as experienced friends be able contribute more. But Cronk must also take into account young rogues Thothwick and Henry have less life. Ranged weapons would help young rogues to stay in back rows half of time and so keep health longer but young rogues also have to retrieve weapons. But ranged weapons not give young rogues as much power as Cronk give them when trying make power even.

What Cronk's friends think? In Cronk's original way, no friend have power less than 6 or more than 11. But in other way, giving young rogues both ranged weapons, friends' power ranges from 4 to 12 with both young rogues getting shorter end of power stick but being in back row more often.

I would give priority to the more powerful Barbarians and Knights. They usually go first, and if given the more powerful weapons, could possibly spare the later, weaker heros from taking damage.

Christopher: 1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Hybros: 1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

Cronk: Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Bartholomew: 1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

Thothwick: 1x Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Jess: 1x 1x Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

Something like that. Jess and Hybros are interchangeable, as are Cronk and Christopher

Cronk will go with Rogue Hybros' plan. Cronk give weapons like this:

Daggerfall: 1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Hybros: 1x Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Cronk: 1x Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

Docken: 1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

Jess: 1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Thanks for typing it out JimB!

Power somewhat distributed and young rogues attack from back row and not take as much damage.

Cronk hope solution meet with all friends' approval.

Eric had been silent the whole time. The fact that he was seperated from his precious blade, Godricsleif, grieved him greatly, but he could not let it show. He glanced at the Mockthril Club an swung it around. It was nowhere near as well-crafted and strong as his own sword, but it was fit enough to kill.

"Time to put down those who oppose us." Eric said, resting his club on his shoulder.

After being silent while the other heroes have distributed the weapons, Henry speaks up:"Yes, I'm fine with taking the normal Shuriken. It is really better if we unexperienced rogues attack from the back row. I myself may prefer close combat, but don't worry, I'm also good with throwing weapons. So, guess I'm ready for fight." Henry smiles self-confidently, while he does soem warming-up moves with his Shuriken.

Cronk realize Rogue Henry getting short end of stick with weak weapon but Cronk promise Cronk make it up somehow.

"I hope there will be better weapons after some battles, so I don't worry. And basically it doesn't really matter much who attacks how strong, as in the end it's just added, not multiplied. And it's not important who causes how much damage, as we're fight as a team and so on. Long speech short, I really hope I'll get some stronger weapon so that I can bash evil more effectively, so to say."

Power somewhat distributed and young rogues attack from back row and not take as much damage.

Cronk hope solution meet with all friends' approval.

Thothwick, haven been distributed a weapon by Cronk, steps forward, equipping his designated Shuriken.

"Do all quests start off like this? Strange way to be initiated into this strange profession"

"I thank you, Mr Cronk, for trying to make sure Mr Sicariul and I stay relatively out of harms way. I hope you don't mind me taking the more powerful Shuriken, Mr. Sicariul?"

Chris came to a little latter than the other.

Ugh what did I miss. I got the greatsword ,good that's what I was going to ask for anywaydefault_satisfied.gif ."

"Now lets do battle."

Occ:sorry I was late, school just got out for me.