It looks like a whale-shaped monster truck! :laugh: But it is very clean build, I like the triangle shape, because those are very difficult, at least for me.

Thanks! I agree, it does look rather like a whale, with its huge mouth scooping everything up in front of it. I find it difficult to build with triangular shapes too, mainly because of the problems of filling them or putting lids on them with Lego, which is mainly square shapes (of course :classic: ) or has triangular plates that aren't the triangles you're looking for (like droids). The engines on this vehicle were an easy solution to the problem, as they didn't have to fit/fill the corners of the shape precisely.

davidroberts01341,

Can you say turbine kart? With a jet turbine that size I am not sure what point the wheels serve except for moving around the shop. I seriously doubt they stay on the ground when that thing is moving. I sure hope the cockpit includes an eject mechanism but it looks to be more of the backwoods racing design - the minimum standard of safety with maximum power and entertainment value.

Very well built. It conveys your humorous theme quite well. Though if I was a spectator I think I would invest in something flying to watch the race with seeing as anything less than an armored bunker on the ground is bound to get pulverized. Fences do not stop jet turbines. Thick, concrete walls might. Racing collateral if you know what I mean.

3D LEGO

davidroberts01341,

Can you say turbine kart? With a jet turbine that size I am not sure what point the wheels serve except for moving around the shop. I seriously doubt they stay on the ground when that thing is moving. I sure hope the cockpit includes an eject mechanism but it looks to be more of the backwoods racing design - the minimum standard of safety with maximum power and entertainment value.

Very well built. It conveys your humorous theme quite well. Though if I was a spectator I think I would invest in something flying to watch the race with seeing as anything less than an armored bunker on the ground is bound to get pulverized. Fences do not stop jet turbines. Thick, concrete walls might. Racing collateral if you know what I mean.

3D LEGO

Your comments made me laugh out loud: thank you! I agree that keeping this vehicle on the ground would be quite a challenge. Perhaps if the driver eats a very heavy lunch before driving, it might act as ballast? Attempting to be a spectator would probably be more dangerous than actually driving this vehicle. I think that watching it would best be done on TV from camera drones.

Kart? To be honest, yes! This vehicle does share a lot with what you often see on "soap box derbys".

This is awesome just out of the sheer zaniness! I love it!

Very clean build, nice job!

Thank you both!

A glorious balance of the impossible, the impractical, and a reckless disregard for life. Love it.

Ah yes, you've rather perfectly summed up the ethos of the Vehicle Design Department of Llwyngwril Space Systems!

Yeah, I remember when I thought it was a good idea to bolt wheels onto a jet engine and ride it over the horizon...3 lost limbs later and I still think it's a good idea lol