Posted Image
Incom T47 Snowspeeder 10/17, on Flickr

Posted Image
Incom T47 Snowspeeder 11/17, on Flickr

Posted Image
Incom T47 Snowspeeder 12/17, on Flickr

Posted Image
Incom T47 Snowspeeder 13/17, on Flickr

Backstory: the Incom T47 Snowspeeder was a up-armored version of the conglomerate’s T47 Airspeeder and a descendant of its popular T24 model. It was converted from commercial to military service by the Rebel Alliance and served as an effective atmospheric ground attack craft. Its finest hour was during the chaos of the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY.

Development: 3 months, 4 prototypes.

Photos:

#2 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Member: 13835

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

Welcome aboard! Nice MOC you've got there. The variations keep that T-47 feel, while adding interesting MODs. Nice work  :thumbup:
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#3 Solscud007

Solscud007

Member: 12637

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

Very interesting approach to the T47. The cannons on the wings seema little too smooth and uniform. It is mostly a long tube.

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

Well done Aleksei, it's always to nice to see another member's take on the T-47 build. Thanks for sharing with us and welcome to the forums! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#5 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

Member: 13204

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

WOW! I really love the detail used for the engine in the back.
Welcome to the forums, and keep em coming! :classic:
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#6 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

Pretty nice job,  Aleksei Stetskii. The back end looks quite good. I do have some constructive criticism to offer; overall, I think the speeder might be too short, and the radiator grille should be dk. grey or black. There's also the cockpit canopy; the prefab piece TLG uses was designed based on the canopy of the Y-wing, and TLG just used it for other craft. The 'real' T-47's canopy doesn't taper towards the front. Those are probably my only big gripes; I'd love to see you keep working on this, because this MOC is a great start with some serious potential.

Oh, and welcome to EB. :classic:

#7 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Member: 4964

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

Overall a rather unconventional approach to the T-47. The 'studded' look and stock canopy makes it look like LEGO could have made it, which is neat.

View PostSolscud007, on 05 May 2011 - 01:38 AM, said:

Very interesting approach to the T47. The cannons on the wings seema little too smooth and uniform. It is mostly a long tube.

View PostBrickdoctor, on 05 May 2011 - 04:58 AM, said:

Pretty nice job,  Aleksei Stetskii. The back end looks quite good. I do have some constructive criticism to offer; overall, I think the speeder might be too short, and the radiator grille should be dk. grey or black. There's also the cockpit canopy; the prefab piece TLG uses was designed based on the canopy of the Y-wing, and TLG just used it for other craft. The 'real' T-47's canopy doesn't taper towards the front. Those are probably my only big gripes; I'd love to see you keep working on this, because this MOC is a great start with some serious potential.

I agree with the comments above. The only other major area for improvement would be the nose - the 'real' T-47 has a lot of tight angles in that area, and I think that a SNOTed approach (perhaps something along the lines of this)may convey that look better than a studs-up approach. :classic: I'm looking forward to any further developments on this.

#8 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

This is a really nice build with some really nice techniques, and kudos on  doing a great job with this hard build.  The guns look a little to bland IMO.

Great job :laugh:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#9 Captain Bayonet

Captain Bayonet

Member: 10460

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

This is probably the best Lego T-47 SnowSpeeder I've seen... EVER. Great job on the nose especially.

Keep the Brick Alive!

~Bayonet
Lover of Cheese

#10 Stardusty

Stardusty

Member: 14245

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

I never liked that vehicle, yet every MOC of Snowspeeder makes it look better to me.
Very interesting design and definetly something that would look good on the desk.
"To build, or not to build, that is the question."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 gogocar

gogocar

Member: 15965

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

Very nice MOC, Aleksei, but doesn't it look kind of fat in the front? But I don't mind that.

Great job anyway!  

And Stardusty,

I never liked that vehicle...

How dare you?
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done.

#12 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hello!

A great version of the T-47 snowspeeder. :classic:

This seems one of the most popular models for a moc. I wonder if there's a gallery with all those nice snowsopeeders. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users