Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

LEGO Pirates at Brickworld 2009!

Yargh, with Brickworld 2009 wrapping up, Classic-Pirates.com asks that ye post the pirates that you saw at Brickworld. For instance:

Brian Darrow's Pirates of the Bermuda Triangle

brickworld-brian-darrow.jpg

I'm not sure who made this. Does anyone who went know?

brickworld-2.jpg

There must have been more Pirates there, so come on! Post yer pictures of Pirates at Brickworld 09!

Did you go Zuloo? or are those just photos from someone else.

Great photos. That pirate invasion on the hotel picture is really neat. I remember reading about it on a Lego Fan blog. :pir-blush:

Those photos were taken by the MOC builder, Brian Darrow I believe.

Captain Zuloo should have credited Mr Darrow in the first post and News Item on Classic-Pirates.com.

I wish I was there, but sadly, Chicago is too far away from here. Those photos were taken by Bill Ward.

Great photos. That pirate invasion on the hotel picture is really neat. I remember reading about it on a Lego Fan blog. :pir-blush:

Classic-Pirates.com per chance?

Those photos were taken by the MOC builder, Brian Darrow I believe.

Captain Zuloo should have credited Mr Darrow in the first post and News Item on Classic-Pirates.com.

No, they were taken by Bill Ward. I was in a rush, so I didn't do a perfect job in either the news item or thread... :blush:

Vey cool. I like that volcano as well and would love to see a wider shot of the scene it is in. Wasn't Super taking his fort along with some other people to this. More pictures of the event would be great.

That volcano is an awesome little thing, would make a nice addition to any island IMO.

Especially an Islanders themed MOC :kahuka:

I bet that SlyOwl would like that volcano.

Edited by Broadside

there were so many cool things there, too sad that's so far :/ the volcano is cool and the 2nd scene done by a mysterious guy is great !

I'll not say that the Brian Darrow's scene is great because I already said it and everyone know that it's great ^^

Edited by Guss

Also by Ben -

3655280461_355e843dae.jpg

3655271829_0f3476bcc7.jpg

3656008850_62ba004d95.jpg

3656000250_2d8a29557c.jpg

...and in conjunction with Bluesecrets

3655991448_32396c9146.jpg

RTN LNA's fleet - (see more here)

3640979901_08bf351ab8.jpg

Bluesecret's d'Blue-n Lagoon Saloon

3656087008_7ddba823d9.jpg

Arne Lander's Gift Shop

3656013838_3422530bb4.jpg

Giant pirate by ???

3650300847_e429da7644.jpg

Is that a light brick inside that volcano?

Nope, Ben says it's one of these - so not purist, but still just as effective.

It would have been cool to have built the underneath of the spilled lava transparant, to let the lava spill glow as well.

Vey cool. I like that volcano as well and would love to see a wider shot of the scene it is in. Wasn't Super taking his fort along with some other people to this. More pictures of the event would be great.

I am glad that you all like my Volcano. It contains a "GoldenDragon" under-cabinet led puck light by Sylvania which runs on 3 AA batteries. More photos of the Volcano can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9321695@N03/s...57620426254700/

My various islands have been linked to above. You can also see my pictures of the Pirates/Castle displays in this folder:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9321695@N03/s...57620427532248/

Ben

Not sure who I should tell about this, but there are two errors in the front page post regarding the Saloon. The builder is "Bluesecrets", with an 's', not "Bluesecret". Also, she is a woman. It says "his" in there.

Thanks,

Josh

Not sure who I should tell about this, but there are two errors in the front page post regarding the Saloon. The builder is "Bluesecrets", with an 's', not "Bluesecret". Also, she is a woman. It says "his" in there.

Thanks,

Josh

Yeah, that would be me, I wrote the article. Thank you very much for pointing that out, I'll fix those errors immediately.

EDIT: Done. Thank you very much Josh, I really appreciate your correction. After all, the builder of that fantastic MOC deserves correct credit for it. :pir-wink:

Thanks. :pir-classic:

A lot of cool stuff. Id love to go to one of these events. I don't know if we get anything like that here in England.

A lot of cool stuff. Id love to go to one of these events. I don't know if we get anything like that here in England.

Darn...I was in chicago LAST month... :pir_bawling:

Thank you very much Josh, I really appreciate your correction.

Glad I could help!

Take care,

Josh

There seems a goodly amount of Pirate creations at Brickworld this year, definitely more it seems than previous years.

Is that because there was a particular emphasis on Pirate with some additional promotion, or because the popularity of Pirates is beginning to snowball again? Or both?

Either way it would be fanatstic if piratical-presence could grow bigger and bigger each year!