Hi Alec

First, to change the read-only property of a file, right click it, and chose properties. At the bottom is a check-box for "Read-only". Try to un-check it.

As a second step, I need to know where you are are putting the MDB file (which folder). If the folder is a read-only file, then sometimes the file placed there will inherit that and also become read-only, also if you manually un-check file itself; Try to put the MDB-file in your Personal Folders or some place where you know you have read-and-write rights and see if it works.

BTW, what version of Access do you have? And what version Windows?

Dear Superkalle,

Going through 'properties' worked...sort of, the external file LDDManager.mdb. is not read-only anymore, but the files inside still think they are. I did move the files to my personal ones. I have Access Runtime 2003, and Windows 7. Why does my computer hate me? haha

Dear Superkalle,

Going through 'properties' worked...sort of, the external file LDDManager.mdb. is not read-only anymore, but the files inside still think they are. I did move the files to my personal ones. I have Access Runtime 2003, and Windows 7. Why does my computer hate me? haha

I'm not fully sure what you did, but it seemed to work I guess?

PS: You can also right click a folder and access the read-only property, and you can select multiple files too.

I'm not fully sure what you did, but it seemed to work I guess?

PS: You can also right click a folder and access the read-only property, and you can select multiple files too.

Dear Superkalle,

I took the read only feature off of LDDManager.mdb, but for some reason Access still thinks the files are read only. It says: 'Database files are read only'.

Dear Superkalle,

I took the read only feature off of LDDManager.mdb, but for some reason Access still thinks the files are read only. It says: 'Database files are read only'.

Have you unzipped the content of LDDManager.zip file to a new folder? Or are you trying to run LDD Manager directly from the zip-file?

On a different note.

Until now, I've hosted LDD Manager on Microsofts SkyDrive. Unfortunately they seemed to have changed policy about being able to share files larger than 25Mb without having to sign in to SkyDrive. This sucks big time, so I'm working on finding somewhere else to host the files. For the time being, you can still download LDD Manager from Skydrive, but you need to create a Skydrive account and sign in to get it.

On a different note.

Until now, I've hosted LDD Manager on Microsofts SkyDrive. Unfortunately they seemed to have changed policy about being able to share files larger than 25Mb without having to sign in to SkyDrive. This sucks big time, so I'm working on finding somewhere else to host the files. For the time being, you can still download LDD Manager from Skydrive, but you need to create a Skydrive account and sign in to get it.

You can use dropbox :classic:

For example, if you place something in your DropBox folder and you want a public link to the folder, it looks like this or if you want a public link to a file, it looks like this. And you can place anything in your DropBox, other people can only see the things you give a link to.

BTW; if you don't have a DropBox account, I (or someone else, doesn't matter) can invite you to get both 500MB extra storage :classic:

Edited by legolijntje

I have just used LDD Manager to make the parts list on our 2012 WRO website so I just want to thank Super Duper Kalle for making this super duper tool available for us. It works perfectly with my out-of-the-box Windows 7 box.

Thanks for the kind words LasseD :classic: It really warms

And fun it could be helpful for such a prestigious event!

And about hosting...maybe it's finally time I get a dedicated site for LDD Manager :tongue:

Have you unzipped the content of LDDManager.zip file to a new folder? Or are you trying to run LDD Manager directly from the zip-file?

THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!! haha now how do I buy them?

I have a Mac at home and 64-bit Office on my work laptop. Are there alternatives for me to manage the bricks on my LDD sets?

I have a Mac at home and 64-bit Office on my work laptop. Are there alternatives for me to manage the bricks on my LDD sets?

For Mac the only solution is to create a virtual PC and install the free Access runtime.

For 64 bit office, I'll look into creating a 64bit version - shouldn't be that hard. Otherwise you can naturally install 32-bit office. Microsoft themselves recommend 32-bit due to other incompatibilities with the 64-bit version.

Thanks Superkalle.

I'm not sure how to create a virtual PC, but I'll look into it. That might be the easiest thing to do.

As for changing things on my work laptop I'm a bit restricted on what I can do. If you do get a 64-bit version made that would be awesome!

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it :classic:

Thanks very much, Superkalle, for the new update. :thumbup:

I checked the hiccup that I reported earlier (about error message when thumbnail of decorated part is requested). It now works OK by stating 'no image available'. Having no image available is sad :sceptic: but understandable :laugh: .

Again: good job!

(FYI: I'm running it on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine with MS Office Professional Plus 2010 on it)

Thanks very much, Superkalle, for the new update. :thumbup:

I checked the hiccup that I reported earlier (about error message when thumbnail of decorated part is requested). It now works OK by stating 'no image available'. Having no image available is sad :sceptic: but understandable :laugh: .

Again: good job!

(FYI: I'm running it on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit machine with MS Office Professional Plus 2010 on it)

Thanks for the kinds words. It's what keeps me going :classic:

I uploaded a new version now for some beta-testing. Let me know if anything doesn't work.

Besides updating to fully support all the news bricks in 4.3.5, I also made a big upgrade to the "LXF Generator"-functionality that will allow you to make file to place in the Custom Palettes folder.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9Ysf2u0fN8pbzcwVmxWSWthdFE/edit

And this is what a generated LXF looks like (In this case set 4757, Prisoner of Azkaban):

CustomPalette.png

Does the software reports if any brick of the original is missing in the lxf file?

Yes, you get a list of the bricks that could not be converted/imported from BrickLink (most often because the brick doesn't exist in LDD).

Yes, you get a list of the bricks that could not be converted/imported from BrickLink (most often because the brick doesn't exist in LDD).

Great! :thumbup:

That's very important when you use lists to build a set.

Does it automaticly places it in the right folder?

BTW; if your software was able to sort and organize my real parts like that, I would buy it for €50 :tongue::laugh:

Edited by legolijntje

Does it automaticly places it in the right folder?

No, it will open the generated LXF in LDD, and then you have to save it manually in the "UserPalettes" folder. The reason for this is that I want LDD to open the file and verify so that all bricks were correctly placed etc. Then you can save it. LDD acts like a kind of "quality filter" in this case.

Hi, having trouble with LDD manager. very unstable, lots of run-time errors. Barely usable.

Using Access 2007, windows 7 H.P.

Downloaded LDD manager from Google Docs.

Is this version known to have troubles?

Thank you,

Kieran

Hi, having trouble with LDD manager. very unstable, lots of run-time errors. Barely usable.

Using Access 2007, windows 7 H.P.

Downloaded LDD manager from Google Docs.

Is this version known to have troubles?

Thank you,

Kieran

No, not that I've heard of. If you have problems it is most likely some problem with Access 2007. Even so, I'm very interested to hear what kind of problems you have. Can you explain some more?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Access is fine as far as I know, I downloaded from official Microsoft website.

As for the run-time errors, I can open the manager main page from either the VBscript file or the large Microsof Access database file. However, if I click on the "import and review models parts and colors" it does not open and closes with the run-time error: (it did work once. It is not a huge ldd file at all.)

"Execution of the application has stopped due to a run-time error. The application can't continue and will be shut down".

@ Kierna: What happens when you download the older Microsoft Access 2003 from this webpage? Maybe there is something about the newer version of MS Access that is incompatible with LDD Manager....