Brig. Brick

The Concertina

A concertina is a free-reed musical instrument, like the variousaccordions and the harmonica. It has a bellows and buttons typically on both ends of it. When pressed, the buttons travel in the same direction as the bellows, unlike accordion buttons which travel perpendicularly to it. Also, each button produces one note, while accordions typically can produce chords with a single button.

The concertina was developed in England and Germany, most likely independently. The English version was invented in 1829 by Sir Charles Wheatstone and a patent for an improved version was filed by him in 1844. The German version was announced in 1834 by Carl Friedrich Uhlig.

this is a tipical Concertina

concertina.jpg

Now, what really matters... the tutorial...

ingredients...

1- a piece of paper, with a straight edge

2- a ruler (centimeters of course)

3- glue (the common one, not industrial, we don't want mess)

4- pen or pencil

5- scissors

6- two flat Tile 1x1

7- Minifg Consertina player :pir-oh3:

image_079.jpg

the color of the paper is on your likes for your concertina

step 1

draw a line of 14 cm by 0.5 cm, using the straight edge of the paper, and then, draw segments of 0,5 cm on all the paper line

image_080.jpg

I used squares of 0.5 cm because the Flat Tile is 0.7 cm, and so the paper does not exceed the brick

step 2

fold the piece of paper in to a zig-zag, and then, cut in the half

image_091.jpg

image_092.jpg

step 3

crossover each zig-zag, but perpencicular, this is how gives the body to the concertina

image_095.jpg

step 4

paste only the last two sides of each zig-zag (use only a little glue :pir-angry:)

image_096.jpg

step 5

now, only remains to put a little glue on the Flat Tiles, providing a grip to the hand of the musician

image_097.jpg

and that's it, you have a concertina, and so your crew will have something else to distract

now.. 3,2.., 1.....

:pir_laugh2:

"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest--

...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!

Drink and the devil had done for the rest--

...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!"

:pir_laugh2:

jolly.jpg

remember, the player can't have hooks....:pir-hmpf_bad:

Questions, comments, (improvements) any you want!!!

Edited by Brig. Brick

Unfortunately it was developed after the golden age of pirates and sailing ships, but it could go for an accordeon which is more 'piratically'.

It's a simple design but a rather nice one. I think Lego should make something like this as well.

Unfortunately it was developed after the golden age of pirates and sailing ships, but it could go for an accordeon which is more 'piratically'.

It's a simple design but a rather nice one. I think Lego should make something like this as well.

In fact, I thought that the Concertina (and the accordeon too) had been developed much earlier than that were made, and I was surprised it was so new and that many movies, games and attractions used accordions and concertinas in piracy topics.

An error of timing, I think :pir-sceptic:

Bad pictures but I get the idea. Keen! If I can find my cutting mats and X-Actos I might try one.

I'll going to tell you a secret :pir-sceptic: ......

...............................I took the pictures with my cell phone :pir-tongue:

And though my camera is dead, I wanted to share how to make a concertina/accordionan, because I promised in another post :thumbup:

And as you can "see" :pir-laugh: , make it is very easy, and you know, any question, be my guest

An easy tutorial on an easy-to-make custom part that looks quite good.

Thanks for posting this :thumbup: !

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

An easy tutorial on an easy-to-make custom part that looks quite good.

Thanks for posting this :thumbup: !

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

oh thanks, I'm flattered :pir-blush:

(...) I might try to make one, with your permission.

-

Redwater

of course, be my guest!

Edited by Brig. Brick