Sign in to follow this  
AmperZand

Jawa - MOC minifig

Although I'm predominantly into historical/fantasy/mythological minifigures, I've always had a soft spot for Jawas, so I decided to add one to my small SW collection. I considered getting an official TLC one on the secondary market but they're fairly expensive. Instead, I MOCed one mostly from parts I already had plus a few third-party pieces. Some of the LEGO parts - specifically, the hood and short legs - are the same as those in TLC's Jawas, though none of the parts came from an official Jawa. What do you think of the minifig?

I'm thinking of MOCing a small diorama with this guy and an official R2-D2 minifig.

jawa.jpg

Edited by AmperZand

He looks fantastic! My Jawa also has that Ionizer gun! ;)

Edited by Robianco

What is the head? It is just a plain black one with paint, or official?

I'm not a fan of cloth coverings, so would prefer plain torso and legs, but it is quite effective in yours and I can see why it appeals.

Thanks for the positive comments. Glad you like it. :classic:

What is the head? It is just a plain black one with paint, or official?

Plain black with paint and a layer of satin cote for protection. I don't normally paint my LEGO because I'm not great at painting and can't normally achieve the same quality standard and look as LEGO print.

I'm not a fan of cloth coverings, so would prefer plain torso and legs, but it is quite effective in yours and I can see why it appeals.

Funny you should say that. I'm the reverse. I reckon the official Jawas should have had a front-and-back cloth covering with the bandoliers printed on the cloth. My guess is that TLC didn't do it that way because it would have been more expensive. A cloth covering would have given a more accurate Jawa silhouette than either the 2005 or 2014 minifigs that TLC released.