JanetVanD

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!

This is the other of my two MOCs going to London for next week's Brick2014. Since it's built to life-size, many people who look quickly think the model is a real aquarium with Lego built inside it, but actually the tank itself is made out of Lego,too.

The biggest challenge was to keep the tank frame narrow and sleek-looking but still strong enough to bear the considerable weight of the hood, lighting and motor. ( power functions needed for circulating " bubbles")

Another challenge was positioning the fish so that they looked like they were swimming freely without any props or supports showing.(and didn't come crashing down during transport!!)

• G A L L E R Y •

051625549.png?1

click above image for direct gallery link

tropical_aquarium___front_view_by_janetvand-d83zvgg.jpg

tropical_aquqrium___angelfish_et_al_by_janetvand-d83zy3i.jpg

tropical_aquarium___plecostomus_and_friends_by_janetvand-d83zxnn.jpg

tropical_aquarium___accessories_by_janetvand-d83zz6i.jpg

I just showed that to my wife. She thought it was amazing (like I did) and had a hard time believing that the aquarium was made of Lego. She said we should have the same aquarium to ensure our fishes survive as unfortunately she made a speciality to kill fish lately in our aquarium.

I was thinking of something like this when I saw the CMF old time deep sea driver.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone!

Answers to questions:

Sorry no video, my technical skills are too limited for that!

The "glass" is actually clear plastic sheets for safety purposes during transport. ( Normally I'm a 100% Purist, but this had to be an exception)

I guess I'm the only one to arrive in this thread and be disappointed at the lack of a Seussical creation.

:(

Misleading title is misleading.

Edited by rollermonkey

Wow, this is brilliant! I love the little details like the cleaning fish and the way you did the floor. It must be so difficult not to make everything look symmetrical! :)