Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

LDD MOC: GG1

This is my second attempt to build a GG1 on LEGO Digital Designer. The first one was using a regular 28 stud long base. (I rather not go into details, but let's just say it wasn't going to work.) I was looking around Brickshelf one day last week when i searched for GG1 designs. I found one with instructions from a user named "Maggimutti". I used the bottom portion (wheels and frame) from the instructions and made a custom top half. I never figured out a way to make the realistic looking pantograph on LDD, and I'm not sure I want to, so this feature is missing from the model. And now, without further issues:

5758076135_b671a595fa.jpg

The blank red tiles are the Toy Story "7597" caboose plates.

5758076151_976815d94f.jpg

I also added the buffer beam with plow to the engine. What really wowed me was the many axles. Ten in all!

5758619906_6c93f47c6b_m.jpg

This picture reminds me of Catanas' Train Tech Art topic's "Not Just a Prety Face" picture.

5758619928_05b7de0c09.jpg

The statistics are in this picture.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Commmets, Questuions & critics are welcome. (By the way, the LXF file will be uploaded to MOCPages.... eventually.)

Edited by Murdoch17

Very creative build Murdoch17!

The are a lot of axles, and the ladder is quite neat too. The front nose of the train is very realistic and complicated as well.

Great use of details! :classic:

Here is the LXF for the GG1.... almost 6 months later, I remembered this file and my promise to upload the file here. So, without further ado, My GG1 LXF link! Enjoy!

Also, I'm sorry I bumped this thread, I just couldn't let this not be uploaded! If I bothered or upset anyone by uploading this, I aplogize in Advance. :blush:

Edited by Murdoch17

Excellent digitally created engine 'Murdoch17', going to fit the pantographs in the long run ? :wink:

I wonder what's next ? :wink:

LDD On 'Murdoch17' ! :classic: