KimT

Character Rides Contest

5623901645_b5b8d172d9_z.jpg

It's time for our next LEGO Star Wars Contest here on Eurobricks.

We proudly present the "Character Rides Contest".

Build a speeder, a spaceship or a vehicle for a LEGO Star Wars Character.

Be that a Bounty Hunter, Jedi or Sith.

There's 3 categories to enter:

Category 1: "Personal Speeder"

Build a personal speeder.

Examples could be Luminara Unduli's speeder or the Scout Speederbike from Endor.

Category 2: "Personal Ship or Starfighter"

Build a personal spaceship or starfighter.

Examples could be "Bounty Hunter Gunship" and "Obi Wan's JSF".

Category 3: "Personal Vehicle"

Build a personal vehicle - be that hovercraft, walker or wheeled.

Examples could be AT-ST, CTT and Luke's Landspeeder.

General Rules:

• Character has to be either a Jedi, a Sith or a Bounty Hunter.
  • Characters may be made up from your own imagination.
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.
  • Entry must be Star Wars themed.
  • There's no scale limitations - wether you go midi, micro, mini, UCS or system is ok.
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • Only one entry per category per member.
  • Entrants must have joined before 14th of April 2011.
  • Entries must have at least one deeplinked picture.
  • Max 8 pictures from different angles deeplinked.
  • Each entry must include a description/explanaition of the Personal Unit and it's features.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution for deeplinked pics is 800x600.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entries posted after the deadline are disqualified.
  • Entries that doesn't live up to the rules after the deadline are disqualified.
  • All entries will be indexed - this does not mean they are qualified or 'good' enough.
  • All entries will be looked over and requirements to comply with the rules will be posted in the entry's topic.
  • All entries are considered WIP's (work in progress). An entry can be changed as many times as the poster wishes before the deadline.
  • All entries are to be posted as individual topics in 'Watto's Junkyard' with the following in the topic's subtitle: "Character Rides Personal Speeder, Character Rides Personal Ship or Character Rides Personal Vehicle"
  • When the deadline has been reached a vote topic for the qualified entries will be made.
  • More on the vote rules when that time comes.
  • Comments and suggestions on entries are more than welcome.

Contest ends on 23rd of May 2011 at 2100 CET.

Feel free to join and add your entry's pics to the Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Contest Pool on flickr.

What are the prizes?

1st Place Winner gets the Eurobricks Stormtrooper and a bag of surprises.

2nd Place wins a smaller bag of surprises.

3rd Place wins the smallest bag of surprises - which isn't that small actually. :grin:

There's 3 prizes per category to win, but a member can only win one EB Stormie.

The 3 stormies up for grabs are the last we have.

After this we'll have to consider making new ones which I promise wont be the same.

Last chance people to win one :classic:

Only the 1st prize winner will be awarded the "Star Wars Contest Winner"-tag.

Check the EB Stormie here

Now ask away or be forever silent!

i was checking the junkyard, and this topic appeared in a minute. this is such a great contest!

i was checking the junkyard, and this topic appeared in a minute. this is such a great contest!

Thanks.

Took a while to figure out what to do for this April's contest.

So many great ones lately that it's hard to be innovative :laugh:

ok, quick question, can we create three different characters for each category, or do we need to stick to one character we have created?

Sounds neat! Now excuse me as I go work on a Character Ride for 24 hours straight... :tongue:

Question though, can it be a clone/'generic trooper' character, or no, to prevent "SuperCommanderCloneKid1234"s?

-Santhor

Nice to see another contest KimT, I have decided I am going to put in some time to make sure I get this done to a good standard and on time.

Category 3: "Personal Vehicle"

Build a personal vehicle - be that hovercraft, walker or wheeled.

Examples could be AT-ST, CTT and Luke's Landspeeder.

Are the type of transport limited to these suggestions or are we allowed to use aircraft and other forms of transportation?

Eskallon

i think that has been answered in rules...

edit: also you've given luke's landspeeder as an example for vehicle category, isnt that supposed to be an example of speeders category?

Edited by Artizan

I've already planned and I'm in the process of making my entry, for the new bounty hunter 'Scorpiox' a fearsome orc from deep space. :classic:

Edited by Scorpiox

Question though, can it be a clone/'generic trooper' character, or no, to prevent "SuperCommanderCloneKid1234"s?

THe selection of characters is a bit constrictive. Jedi and Sith are too similar to be worth two separate characters. IMO it should be Force user (jedi/sith), Scum (Bounty hunter/ smuggler) and Other (Troopers ect.)

If we decide to enter more than 1 category do we have to keep the same character/faction in each category?

This contest seems great! How do I officially enter?

Sounds neat! Now excuse me as I go work on a Character Ride for 24 hours straight... :tongue:

-Santhor

Only A Jedi, Sith or Bounty Hunter entry is allowed as stated in the rules.

Nice to see another contest KimT, I have decided I am going to put in some time to make sure I get this done to a good standard and on time.

Are the type of transport limited to these suggestions or are we allowed to use aircraft and other forms of transportation?

Eskallon

Aircrafts would be the Spaceship / Starfighter category.

are we allowed to use ldd or does it have to be built in real bricks :hmpf_bad:

No LDD - brick built only.

i think that has been answered in rules...

edit: also you've given luke's landspeeder as an example for vehicle category, isnt that supposed to be an example of speeders category?

No it's not.

The speeder category is for speederbikes like the ones mentioned.

Such as the speederbike and/or Luminara Unduli's speeder i.e the type in the newest Clone Battle Pack.

THe selection of characters is a bit constrictive. Jedi and Sith are too similar to be worth two separate characters. IMO it should be Force user (jedi/sith), Scum (Bounty hunter/ smuggler) and Other (Troopers ect.)

But it isn't - we decided on Jedi, Sith or Bounty Hunter and it stays as such.

If we decide to enter more than 1 category do we have to keep the same character/faction in each category?

Nope

This contest seems great! How do I officially enter?

See the rules for how to post your entry.

It's all there.

By mistake I forgot to alter the join date - it's now done and members joining until the 14th of April may enter this contest.

Neat! Kinda reminds me of the vehicle contest, but as you said it's hard to be innovative these days. :wink: And yay for the starfighter category! :grin: I'll see what I can come up with.

And no, for once I don't have any questions. :tongue: At least for now.

Perfect! Exactly the kind of contest I've been waiting for. I didn't know if you had any of the EB Stormies left. Now to some up with a good entry........

Does th actual vehicle have to be made up? For example, could we do Mace Windu's JSF?

Why not, though if its an exact copy of the official set don't expect to many votes :laugh:

Great contest mods. Can entries be a version 2 of something we made before?

As long as it is newly constructed and not something built/or photographed earlier it is allowed. The whole idea is to stimulate new builds from you guys, so get cracking!

Would an entry involving General Grievous be allowed? I'm not sure under which category this character falls...

Great contest! Ideas acquired, bricks sorted, ready to build! ;)