Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Custom cows and pigs!!!

I'm sure Armothe is capable of posting this himself, I'm just so excited!!!

Cows and pigs and sheeps (oh my!) are now available on his incredible website: BrickForge.com

I got to see and hold these at BrickWorld in Chicago. They're awesome. I will do a full review here when the pieces come in. I'm so excited X-D

animals.gif

Thanks mutley!

Barnyard on!

Ahh, and the great helm in silver? I haven't checked there in long enough...the quality is fantastic, worth every penny, but still I wish it wasn't so expensive so I could buy in bulk! Ah well, time to start saving X-D

Ahh, and the great helm in silver? I haven't checked there in long enough...the quality is fantastic, worth every penny, but still I wish it wasn't so expensive so I could buy in bulk! Ah well, time to start saving X-D

The fed will print more money J, go ahead spend it! :-P

The fed will print more money J, go ahead spend it! :-P

They print plenty as-is, the problem is that they keep delivering it to banks and such instead of to me :-/ Last time I outsource...

I was waiting for this.

Thanks Hinckley for this news.

Going to order one of each right away...

Those look really nice... Great work.

But what exactly, is an udder?? *wacko*

Mr Tiber

That's the thing under the cows belly where you can extract the milk ;-)

Edited by Bonaparte

Those look really nice... Great work.

But what exactly, is an udder?? *wacko*

Mr Tiber

It's the nipples and mammary glands of a cow that you stimulate in order to obtain milk ;-)

It's the nipples and mammary glands of a cow that you stimulate in order to obtain milk ;-)

maybe you stimulate...pervert! >:-) Ha!

Thanks Hinkley! RedBean and myself are extremley pleased that so many people are excited about these! We do our best to imagine how these may have been officially produced; and being fans of the brick since we were kids we have pretty strict expectations.

The price point is something I wish we could make more appetizing to a wider range of people - especially those who plan on having a minifig cattle drive. But if you study the engineering that went into these pieces - as well as the amount of plastic that goes into each mold - you'll admit it's a great value.

We are pretty happy with the screen printing on the white (Holstein) cows and if the community echos these feelings we will move forward with producing the cows in both brown (Hertford) and tan (Jersey) as well as adding some type of screen printing (eyes at the minimum). If these do well you can pretty much be guaranteed we'll do more animals in the future.

-A

how do you change these prices to pounds? I would really like to buy some of those cows! 8-

Or as we say in english.. Cow boobs. :-|

:-P

maybe you stimulate...pervert! >:-) Ha!

What do you think you're doing when you tug on them? There's nothing perverted about it (especially since they're not even human), but I guess you just see sex everywhere you look |-/

The price point is something I wish we could make more appetizing to a wider range of people - especially those who plan on having a minifig cattle drive. But if you study the engineering that went into these pieces - as well as the amount of plastic that goes into each mold - you'll admit it's a great value.

We are pretty happy with the screen printing on the white (Holstein) cows and if the community echos these feelings we will move forward with producing the cows in both brown (Hertford) and tan (Jersey) as well as adding some type of screen printing (eyes at the minimum). If these do well you can pretty much be guaranteed we'll do more animals in the future.

-A

Eh, especially for new large molds I think the price point is fine, even for the smaller ones they're a bit expensive, but like I said worth every penny. The molding process itself is very costly to you guys I know, so you need to make it back somewhere. My problem is with my lack of money :-D

Edited by Starwars4J

Cows and pigs and sheeps (oh my!) are now available on his incredible website: BrickForge.com

They're awesome.

Yes Hinckley, milk it for all it's worth!! (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist) :-P :-P :-P ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

All that praise is worth it, though! I've never looked there, and it's an excellent website- Not to mention those *wub* animals!

barnyard ON

I guess now's as good a time to ask as any, Armothe, any news on when you plan to release your chromed selection for sale? You mentioned it a few times, and I'd love to get my hands on a few chromed swords and helms, both custom and official. You've made me entirely envious of those chromed knights and swords *wub*

Armothe, any news on when you plan to release your chromed selection for sale?

I really need to get our ecommerce site up and running.....

It may deserve its own post, but Classic-Castle.com is hosting a Create a Theme building contest in which you can win a set of these animals, graciously donated by Brickforge.

--Tony

Man, those look nice. They did a great job of mimicing the style of Lego animals.

This is why I love the AFOL community. Lego fans have been clamoring for mini-fig scale farm animals for years. If TLC isn't going to give us what we want, then screw them, we'll do it ourselves. That's awesome.

Now ... how about some zoo animals? My town zoo is kinda pathetic right now (polar bears, monkeys, alligators, and an elephant).

A mooving display of barnyard beauties. Wish I could afford them right now, but blast LEGO for putting out so much good stuff all at once.

Definitely will be great for a more rurally inclined builder and blurs the line between 'official' and 'custom' even further.

Keep up the great work! *y*

I place my first order at BrickForge Yesterday. Invoice already received and payed.

One bull, a cow, a white sheep, a pink piggy, some elven helmets/swords/bows, some knight helmets and a Greek armor set. Of course I also included some udders :-D

Now I'll be checking my mailbox everyday after work.

I can't wait to get a close look at these custom parts.

I'll post feedback as soon as they arrive.

Edited by Bonaparte

These custom pieces look soooooo cool. I have been thinking about designing and creating a "Farm" scene for my town and these parts will be a perfect addition. I also think these would be perfect for Stock Cars for you railroad fans out there. I *wub* the look. I wonder if TLC might get the hint from this website?

Thanks for the info Hinckley39. I can't wait to read your review. I hope they are as you expected.

Sign in to follow this