Hello here the hotnews from 2010 march.

number 10211 is a big store.

is a corner house.

10211 Grand Emporium

Ages 16+. 2,182 pieces, US $149.99 CA $199.99 UK £ 139.99 DE € 149.99

Welcome to the grand opening of the Grand Emporium!

The LEGO® Modular Buildings series continues with this spectacularly detailed 3-story

department store, designed in a realistic scale with lots of special building techniques and

rare pieces. On the street outside, citizens carry shopping bags, send letters at the mailbox,

admire the window mannequins, and cool off at the ice cream stand while a busy window

washer works above. Enter through the revolving door to discover a ground-floor clothing

department, complete with a cash register, fitting room, hats, jewelry, perfume, and even

a selection of spare trousers. A brick-built escalator carries customers to the second floor

housewares department with glassware and golden plates for special occasions, and then

it’s up to the top floor for the toy department (complete with toy house and push-scooter)

and a great big chandelier above the open atrium. Up on the roof are a billboard and skylight.

• Includes 7 minifigures: 1 window cleaner, 1 female shop assistant, 1 genetleman and 1 lady with shopping bags, 1 boy plus 1 male and 1 female mannequin!

• Enter the Grand Emporium through a revolving door that really spins!

• The first floor has a clothing department with cash register, fitting room, hats, jewelery, perfume and more!

• The second floor has a housewares department with glassware and golden plates!

• Take the amazing brick-built escalator to the top floor of these 3-story department store!

• The top floor is a toy department complete with toy house and push-scooter!

• Grand Emporium features a big chandelier above the open atrium and even a skylight!

• Lots of realistic details with a rooftop billboard and shoppers with shopping bags!

• Raise and lower the window washer outside the building!

• Send letters at the mailbox outside the Grand Emporium!

• Admire the window mannequins from the street and stop at the ice cream stand for a treat!

• Includes new inverted arches and rare elements like transparent 1x1 ‘headlight bricks’ and dark green windows!

• Combine with other modular buildings like 10197 Fire Brigade and 10185 Green Grocer!

• Measures 15" (38 cm) high and 10" (25 cm) wide!

All pictures link to HR images which can be +7000.pxl

a_10211_box_front_1000.jpg

b_10211_box_side_200.jpg c_10211_detail_1_200.jpg d_10211_detail_2_200.jpg e_10211_detail_3_200.jpg f_10211_detail_4_200.jpg

g_10211_detail_5_200.jpg h_10211_detail_6_200.jpg i_10211_detail_7_200.jpg j_10211_detail_8_200.jpg k_10211_detail_9_200.jpg

l_10211_detail_10_200.jpg n_10211_detail_12_200.jpg m_10211_detail_11_200.jpg o_10211_modular_row_200.jpg s_10211_detail_17_200.jpg

p_10211_detail_14_200.jpg q_10211_detail_15_200.jpg r_10211_detail_16_200.jpg t_10211_detail_18_200.jpgu_10211_detail_19_200.jpg

v_10211_detail_20_200.jpg

All Pictures © 2010 The LEGO Group and used here with permission!

Edited by Rick
HR official images added

Thank you very much for this information, legomilk! :classic:

With "corner house" surely a CC styled building is meant, don't you think? Plus in 2007 and 2008 there was always a CC styled building released around March.

So another CC styled building - I'm not interested in them. :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sounds good. Thanks for letting us know. So, you can't even tell us what kind of store or what color it is?

:sweet: Great news! Looks like the Modular Building range is continuing after the Jamie Berard orginal 'trilogy'. Any info on what kind of store, how many floors, color scheme? Any details at all?

Thanks for sharing this great news legomilk.

Holy rubber awesome, Batman.

My wallet is cringing already.

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.......... sounds promising.

And mine is crying... :cry_sad::wink:

I sometimes sit in corners and cry when news like this happens :laugh:

Thanks for this amazing news, legomilk! :wub:

It will be great to have another corner building to round out the street :thumbup: And I'm glad after Fire Brigade we're going back to a civilian setting with a large shopping centre. Grey and yellow with black windows seems like an interesting combination, but we'll see how this pans out.

March 2010 would put it back in the original release slot for the first 2 buildings, which is not too long to wait at all!

Thanks again!

Hello here the hotnews from 2010 march.

number 10211 is a big store.

is a corner house.

Thanks for the update. Few things I like as much as a new Modular house, and a corner no less!

So another CC styled building - I'm not interested in them. :sadnew:

Really, I thought you've been waiting all year for a new CC building? :wink::tongue:

I've moved this to Trains & Town, since it fits with the discussion of all the other modular buildings.

Continue to wildly speculate here! :tongue:

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the info legomilk! :classic:

I won't be getting it (too expensive for my LEGO budget), but I always like hearing news about new sets, even if it's a year before they come out. :sweet:

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks LegoMilk!! :sweet:

Well this sounds very nice. However I like the modular buildings but I don't buy them.

I was hoping maybe this was the TRU Exclusive but it isn't if it is only available in the LEGO Store.

:sadnew:

I wish the upcoming modular building will offer both in-depth and beautiful architecture design similar to Café Corner standards, and having detailed interiors such as Green Grocer. When both design considerations are taken play, we will be able to play this in modular style merging it at the end of the street, taking it level by level.

I wish TLG could start installing chandeliers inside their buildings, so Draggy and TinyPiesRUs won’t have to use “those” to smash my head.

Woo-hoo! Exclusive Modular money-sinks live on!

A big corner store, huh? Sounds nice. Not sure I can picture the colors, but we'll see. Let's see if I'd rather wait out 5 months to get this set over Fire Brigade.

Great news for those of us collecting the modulars! Thnaks for sharing the information.

I won't be getting it (too expensive for my LEGO budget), but I always like hearing news about new sets, even if it's a year before they come out. :sweet:

ILikePi: I said this initially, then finally broke down and purchased Cafe Corner. After you build one of these fantastic sets, you'll want the others as each is better than the next (in my opinion). I can't wait for another.

It sounds interesting that one is a corner house to cap off the end of the block. I may be thinking way too far ahead, but what next after the street ends. Sets in between or perhaps another street? I'm wondering.

10182 and 10211 corner house

10211 is a big store

I'm not sure what you mean in regard to 10182 & 10211 corner house.

10182 is Cafe Corner?

Is there also a new Corner House?