City 2010

Update 2010-06-26

New High-Res Images by Grogall:

8403.jpg

8404.jpg

7848_tru_truck.jpg

-------

Hi all

Today I found this list from Amazon.de, which I believe happen to be the 2010 City sets:

Lego 7684 - City Ferkel-Gehege mit Traktor

Lego 7206 - City Feuerwehr-Helikopter

Lego 3178 - City Wasserflugzeug

Lego 3177 - City Stadtflitzer

Lego 3179 - City Reparaturwagen

Lego 7213 - City Feuerwehr-Truck mit Löschboot

Lego 3182 - City Großer Flughafen

Lego 3180 - City Tanklaster

Lego 7207 - City Feuerwehrschiff

Lego 7208 - City Große Feuerwehr-Station

Link

Seems like its Fire and Airport again.

Update by Hinckley:

Small Car

Item #: 3177

Pieces: 43

Price: ?

Release: ?

3177_mini.jpg

Seaplane

Item #: 3178

Pieces: 102

3178-1.png

Repair Truck

Item #: 3179

Pieces: 118

3997328284_40752b7b77_o-1.jpg

City Tank Truck

Item #: 3180

Pieces: ?

Price: US $?, CA $?, AU $?, UK £?

Release: March 2010

3180-box.jpg

Passenger Plane

Item #: 3181

Release: ? 2010

3181-box.jpg

Airport?

Item #: 3182

3182-box.jpg

?

Item #: 3222

3222-box.jpg

Fire Helicopter

Item #: 7206

Pieces: 342

7206-1.png

Fire Boat

Item #: 7207

Pieces: 306

Price: US $49.99, CA $69.99, AU $NA, UK £NA

Release: Dec 2009

7207-1.png

Fire Station

Item #: 7208

Pieces: 662

Price: US $79.99, CA $109.99, AU $NA, UK £NA

Release: December 2009

7208-1.png

Fire Truck with Boat

Item #: 7213

519p5KX14tL._SS400_.jpg

Farmer

Item #: 7566

Traveler

Item #: 7567

7567-box.jpg

Airline Promo?

Item #: 7688

Release: ? 2010

7688-box.jpg

Pig Enclosure with Tractor

Item #:7864

7684-box.jpg

Family House

Item #: 8403

IMG_84031.jpg

Lego 7684 - City-enclosure piglets with tractor

Lego 7206 - City Fire Department helicopter

Lego 3178 - City seaplane

Lego 3177 - City city runabouts

Lego 3179 - City car repair

Lego 7213 - City fire fighting truck with boat

Lego 3182 - Big City Airport

Lego 3180 - City tank truck

Lego 7207 - City Fire Department Boat

Lego 7208 - Big City Fire Department Station

Piglets - woo! :laugh:

Looks like a very plausible list to me. Thanks Christian!

I google-translated it, and it goes like this:

Lego 7684 - City-enclosure piglets with tractor (Ferkel means "pig", Gehege should mean "corral")

Lego 3182 - City Big Airport

Lego 7208 - City Big Fire Department Station

I just wonder: are those 31## sets regular City or are they Duplo?

Looking at other sets, 7685 is the city bulldozer and 7686 is the helicopter transporter so 7864 could be a city set.

No indication of any relavent sets numbered in the 720x range

The 317x sets are all duplo so it would make sense for the ones listed here to be Duplo

To all the people asking for a link: I googled "Lego 7207 - City Feuerwehr schiff"and found this

I really hope there will be no new Police/Fire/Emergency theme next year.

After this year, with all the great new civilian subthemes, I was hoping that Lego would stay away from the traditional Fire stuff for 2010...However, Its not too much of a surprise...

Seriously, I am pretty frustrated as I suppose Amazon.de wouldn't mess up their product list...

TLC is rather stupid, I have to say, to go back to the old dark road of massive new sets of civil servants. I thought TLC opened a new road of lifestyle and environmental range very successfully in 2009, and I do expect more daily life sets like post office, banks, houses, shops, or farms-related sets.

But we ended up having to expand our fire service team for like the nth times... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry for my complaining...

Edited by Alywin

Seriously, I am pretty frustrated as I suppose Amazon.de wouldn't mess up their product list...

Well, we still haven't seen a link yet to any of these sets. Not saying the list is wrong, but I'm still waiting on more proof before I get depressed.

TLC is rather stupid, I have to say, to go back to the old dark road of massive new sets of civil servants. I thought TLC opened a new road of lifestyle and environmental range very successfully in 2009, and I do expect more daily life sets like post office, banks, houses, shops, or farms-related sets.

But we ended up having to expand our fire service team for like the nth times... :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Sorry for my complaining...

"Stupid" because this list doesn't appeal to you or "stupid" because it won't appeal to kids? :classic: This list doesn't mean these are the only five city sets we're getting in 2010 (assuming the 31## sets are Duplo). And I understand why AFOLs wouldn't want more emergency sets, but let's face it. They're not going away. The current ones are a couple years old, and Lego has always recycled the theme to keep it fresh for kids.

To all the people asking for a link: I googled "Lego 7207 - City Feuerwehr schiff"and found this

I have to quote myself; the link I linked (sorry) is an amazon page listing the set Christian mentioned. And now that I look at that page again, suggested age for those 31## sets is 5-12, so they might be System and not Duplo.

C'mon, it had to be firefighters, they haven't been around for three years (just like police, 2005->2008).

But the 2010 city line can't just be that, I bet we have more sets in January and a 2nd wave in June or July, just like 2008 and 2009.

Thank you very much for this list, Christian! :classic:

Reason for edit: I'm now really happy with this year's City sets - the small sets in the first half of 2010 and mainly the Train sets in the second half. Plus who knows which will even appear. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So no more reason for complainment and please excuse my flared up comment which was written here before. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Like the tides or Halley's Comet, TLC's trinity of fire / police / emergency rescue themes is so easily predictable. Sigh. I understand the marketing decision behind it, but geez, is it boring from an AFOL point of view.

It seems weird though, with the big, new Fire Brigade set coming out. It's like they're competing with themselves now.

The list is pretty plausible. I'm excited to see a new Farm set! I could have easily seen TLC letting that sub-theme die. I can't wait to see what the pigs look like.

Did you guys really expect anything other than fire sets this year? There are two obvious reasons for it:

1) What sells well is what TLC will make.

Emergency sets sell well, plain and simple. Kids like to imagine the wailing sirens on the trucks, and all the action that can happen inside the station is fun as well. Two of the main selling points are in this theme; Action and trucks.

2) For the above reason, Lego makes a new line of fire sets every three years, as well as police sets the year after.

Have you not noticed the trend? As long as emergency sets sell well, Lego will keep producing them every three years. Three years is the right amount of time for Lego to make other products, as well as having every child have the opportunity to buy such sets.

Just my 2cents.

C'mon, it had to be firefighters, they haven't been around for three years (just like police, 2005->2008).

I have to disagree with you, The Cobra!

For the most AFOLs (me included) one fire station with additional sets is sufficient - perhaps two if you want to display a really big city - but surely not more.

JFOLs will never buy a second fire or police station. And for those which don't already own one - they would buy the older version from 2007, too, if it was in stock. So there is really no need for a new Fire theme! :angry: :angry: :angry:

But the 2010 city line can't just be that, I bet we have more sets in January and a 2nd wave in June or July, just like 2008 and 2009.

I regrettably have to disagree here, too, The Cobra!

Legomilk mentioned in this topic that there'll be train sets for 2010. And I trust him.

And since there are always only three subthemes for City every year and Trains if always a complete theme these three themes will be (when you take the division of sets like this year):

(very supposably) January:

Fire:

Lego 7208 - City Big Fire Department Station

Other:

(very supposably) March:

Other:

Lego 7684 - City-enclosure piglets with tractor (Ferkel means "pig", Gehege should mean "corral")

(very supposably) April or June:

Airport:

Lego 3182 - City Big Airport

(very supposably) June:

Trains:

???

(very supposably) August, July or September:

Trains:

???

With a new Trains theme I see absolutely no chance to get some Town sets in 2010, too! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

We all know police and fire teams are recurring for every 3 years as an informal practice, but it doesn't mean I and probably some other AFOL are satisfied with this. TLC has every right to do so, and we have every right to voice out our disappointment, that is. :alien:

One could rationalize why fire team comes again, which I perfectly understand, but can't stop me voicing out my disappointment. And of course I would very selectively buy those recurring themes.

I have my 7240 and 7945 merged to build a large fire station already. The third one, if added to the existing one, would form a fire service highrise building... :tongue::tongue:

Edited by Alywin

And for those which don't already own one - they would buy the older version from 2007, too, if it was in stock. So there is really no need for a new Fire theme! :angry: :angry: :angry:

But it's not in stock. Otherwise we could be saying the same thing for the first pirates wave. Lego wants to stay fresh and on top of their competitors.

With a new Trains theme I see absolutely no chance to get some Town sets in 2010, too! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

What if Trains is a completely different theme, and has no relation to City? Or what if the 31xx sets are Duplo. I think those are both possibilities.

But it's not in stock. Otherwise we could be saying the same thing for the first pirates wave. Lego wants to stay fresh and on top of their competitors.

I have to disagree with you, Ricecracker. At least here in Germany toy shops already have these sets in their frames - and in the customer's cataloge it is still listed, too.

What if Trains is a completely different theme, and has no relation to City?

Legomilk did write "City train" and not "Trains" - so it'll be a City subtheme.

Apart from that which different trains than Western (which is highly unlikely before we don't get a new Western theme) and City (to which steam trains are counted as well as electric engines) could you think of?!

Or what if the 31xx sets are Duplo. I think those are both possibilities.

Firstly these sets all have the additional "name" "City" - so I would be very surprised if it was Duplo.

Secondly there's already a new airport set out this September for Duplo - so another one in spring next year would make absolutely no sense.

Klaus-Dieter

Crap. I just bought the last firehouse because i had a coupon for 25% off at toys r us. i originally went in for the camper, they didnt have it so it came down to the city corner or the firehouse and my gf said firehouse. i wasnt gonna build it, it was sitting in the box for over a week. something was telling me to return it. but i built it anyway and now this news comes out. i cant get the 2010 (which im sure will be decent, giving the recent quality sets LEGO has been putting out) because i have flame fighters from 94 and the 2007 firehouse. my city isnt big enough for 3 firehouses

Legomilk did write "City train" and not "Trains" - so it'll be a City subtheme.

Apart from that which different trains than Western (which is highly unlikely before we don't get a new Western theme) and City (to which steam trains are counted as well as electric engines) could you think of?!

Ahh, I didn't realize it said city trains. I was thinking they might be under the "Power functions" theme, like the emerald express.

Firstly these sets all have the additional "name" "City" - so I would be very surprised if it was Duplo.

Secondly there's already a new airport set out this September for Duplo - so another one in spring next year would make absolutely no sense.

Very fair points, but I'm just trying to be optimistic :wink:.

Very fair points, but I'm just trying to be optimistic :wink:.

I hope that the future of Lego City sets will show that your optimism is founded. :sceptic:

I wish I could be that optimistic, too. :classic:

Did you guys really expect anything other than fire sets this year? There are two obvious reasons for it:

Perhaps that sounds now very unfriendly (which it shouldn't be :classic: ) or stupid but:

Yes, I did.

Which sense did the survey Copmike asked us to fill in last July make when TLG does not think about releasing the sets their fans want but comes again with that already hundred times released sets?! :angry::hmpf: :hmpf: :hmpf::angry: :angry: :angry:

Plus the Town sets this summer - mainly 7747 and 7641 - were that awesome that I would have bet before sseing that disappointing list that there'll be only civilian themes and sets in 2010! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Lego 7684 - City-enclosure piglets with tractor

Piglets - woo! :laugh:

Looks like a very plausible list to me. Thanks Christian!

This list is not the end of the world for the AFOL, I think these three sets sound really promising. I also think that the Airport sets might be OK as well...

The emphasis on the Fire Department is obviously targetted at the 'age 5-12', and this is the bread and butter of Lego business strategy, we are under no obligation to buy these emergency vehicle sets.

Last year Lego released Medieval Market Village, which is a huge success with AFOL, and perhaps we might see another of these exclusive sets again (i hope!).

It's not like these are the only city sets that are going to be released for the whole year. I think the fan's choice line is going to come into play in the June/July wave, and probably be unveiled at the toy fair. Plus, you can look at it this way, the less money you spend on the smaller sets, such as these city fire sets, the more money you have to spend on larger, exclusive sets (or save for June/July, because I have a feeling that next year is going to be HUGE with Disney, 30th year of The Empire Strikes Back, a possible continuation of Indy, as well as a possible expansion on the train line).