I actually also managed to make a flex system in LDD but sadly model crashed while saving, so the file has 0 bricks.

I used simillar technique to make mini linear actuator work, when you rotate its axle the ram goes inside and outside.

And lastly I found a bug which allows you to spin a flex axle untill its almost invisible.

I will post some files and pictures if there will be interest of course.

Zblj, your video is amazing. I didn't know that something like this is possible in LDD. I always thought that for these kind of this you need to use SR 3D Builder.

And lastly I found a bug which allows you to spin a flex axle until its almost invisible.

You mean like this?

lddbug55668.pnglddbug556682.pnglddbug76270.png

lddbug76270crazy.pnglddbug76270crazy2.pnglddbug76270crazy3.png

First three pictures what happens to them when you keep rotating them for awhile. Like you said, they "become invisible". I would like to mention that if you try flex them at certain spot, they will start shaking (last three pictures). They won't stay like that, they will return to last shape (more less). Also, it's possible to connect other pieces to them like 61252 even if they are "invisible".

Zblj, your video is amazing. I didn't know that something like this is possible in LDD. I always thought that for these kind of this you need to use SR 3D Builder.

You mean like this?

First three pictures what happens to them when you keep rotating them for awhile. Like you said, they "become invisible". I would like to mention that if you try flex them at certain spot, they will start shaking (last three pictures). They won't stay like that, they will return to last shape (more less). Also, it's possible to connect other pieces to them like 61252 even if they are "invisible".

Yeah like the first 3 pictures. And yeah they go mad and sometimes crash the program.

I actually also managed to make a flex system in LDD but sadly model crashed while saving, so the file has 0 bricks.

I used simillar technique to make mini linear actuator work, when you rotate its axle the ram goes inside and outside.

And lastly I found a bug which allows you to spin a flex axle untill its almost invisible.

I will post some files and pictures if there will be interest of course.

I remember posting that issue a few years ago. I guess they still haven't fixed it.

working gears has always been a pain in LDD, they just don't seem to mesh. I've tried just about everything to make some of my designs work and so far it's like banging my head against a wall. I just assumed LDD wasn't able to do it. I'll need to take another crack at it.

Ball joints also move by one another too

lets say you have two parallel arms both with ball joints, if you hinge one ball joint the other automatically moves too. good for testing steering but I guess it could be used for things like gears too.

Ball joints also move by one another too

lets say you have two parallel arms both with ball joints, if you hinge one ball joint the other automatically moves too. good for testing steering but I guess it could be used for things like gears too.

Sorry for late reply. Can you make an example?

Hi

Just connect two 24T gears up and put ball joints in a pinhole of the gears.

Connect the ball joints with a link, the link, a link can be made longer easily would be needed.

I got it working but one gear reverses at a certain point as my links were the wrong length.

Also you click on the axle through the gear when you wanna use the hinge tool to rotate the gear.

Hi

Just connect two 24T gears up and put ball joints in a pinhole of the gears.

Connect the ball joints with a link, the link, a link can be made longer easily would be needed.

I got it working but one gear reverses at a certain point as my links were the wrong length.

Also you click on the axle through the gear when you wanna use the hinge tool to rotate the gear.

Just share the file, hehe

Never mind, it only works for gears that are unmeshed. So kinda useless.

Never mind, it only works for gears that are unmeshed. So kinda useless.

None the less I'm curious, can you share?

Sorry for the late response, click an axle through a gear with the hinge tool.

It's more of an oscillating motion than rotary however, try putting bars through the gears and make one gear hinged slightly out, keep increasing the angle and it might make it rotary motion.

If not try minutely chancing the track rod length. by making a custom made track rod.

File

I used same mechanism, but with 2 rods at different angle so there is no dead spot, just like a steam locomotive.

Thanks for sharing interesting trick of the LA animation above.

I noticed that your new videos are smooth 60fps (flame per second) as YouTube just supported. So I make a test upload, too.

For smooth video we must watch 60fps video on the real YouTube.com only, Not here in EB. Bucause in EB there is no 60fps quality option to select (not support). The 60fps video will become 30fps and not so smooth in EB.

In Youtube Please select full-screen 1080p60 or 720p60 of quality setting.

Edited by bbqqq

Yes I am a bit of a gamer freak and I LOVE HIGH FPS. All of my videos since I got the new camera have been in 60FPS. Youtube seems to display 60 fps only in chrome with html5 player. What do you use?

I use both IE11 and Chrome. Both of them support 60fps video watching on You/tube.com, and both of them not support 60fps video embed watching on EB.