Sign in to follow this  
grace

The Walking Dead Customized Minifigures

The Walking Dead

I'm a huge fan of both The Walking Dead comic and TV series, so I couldn't resist making some custom minifigures of the characters. I thought I would share some of the ones that I have completed so far.

Glenn is my favorite, so I started with him. I had fun showing Rick's physical transformation over the seasons (I still need to get him a gun belt), but had the most fun creating Daryl with his season 3 poncho.

LEGOGlennwithcharacterpic.png

LEGORickS1withcharacterpic.png

LEGORickS2withcharacterpic.png

LegoRickS3withcharacterpic.png

LEGODalewithcharacterpic.png

LegoAndreawithcharacterpic.png

LEGOShaneS2withcharacterpic.png

LEGODarylS3withcharacterpic.png

I was thinking the Cad Bane hat would make a good hat for Rick/Carl. Nice figs. Are you gonna build Dale's RV or maybe the prison in honour of Season 3 this weekend?

Edited by tedbeard

I was thinking the Cad Bane hat would make a good hat for Rick/Carl. Nice figs. Are you gonna build Dale's RV or maybe the prison in honour of Season 3 this weekend?

Ooh! Nice recommendation; I'll have to check that out!

I'm eventually going to create some scenes, but don't plan on doing the whole prison. Maybe one of the crew clearing out the courtyard, or something of that nature. There will be a scene in 306 that I will definitely recreate - more on that in Nov. I'd also like to do some behind the scenes MOCs with the makeup artists touching up the zombie extras, and such, but I'm not sure there would be enough interest in that to post them here.

Thanks for your comments and recommendation. :sweet: I'm planning a S2 Carl in bed, when Rick gives him the hat, so I'll look into getting the Cad Bane hat before then...

Here is my Michonne:

LEGOMichonneandpetswm.jpg

Michonne_the_walking_dead-500x365.jpg

If anyone has any ideas of a piece I could use to hook the chains to the necks of Michonne's pet zombies, let me know. I thought about maybe making Sculpty collars, but I'd rather find a LEGO piece that worked, if I could.

I believe the torso is from the minifig series surfer girl.

Overall these are very nice Customs and represent the characters well

Thanks for the recommendation for the collar, Krulis.

I HATE ZOMBIES!

Uh... thanks?

What is Michonnes torso/from?

Great work.

I believe the torso is from the minifig series surfer girl.

Overall these are very nice Customs and represent the characters well

Yeah; it's the torso to the surfer girl's wetsuit.

Here is my S2 injured Carl Grimes. It's the scene where Rick gives him his hat. I made it to sort of amuse myself, since I couldn't find a torso that I liked for Carl, but NickAb just made me a decal for Carl's torso, so I'll get going on that.

LEGOS2CarlandRickwm.jpg

Wow great purist figs man, you can tell straight away who they're meant to be. Love your Glenn, but my favourite would be S3 Rick, that hair is perfect. Just a shame he's smirking, he's been all serious so far, and I don't see that changing :laugh:

Great face choice on Darryl by the way, works really well. I love the Walking Dead, tempting to do something similar

Whoa. great job! These are so easily recognizable as to who they are.

Are those all official parts and prints you used?

Amazing series, btw.

Wow great purist figs man, you can tell straight away who they're meant to be. Love your Glenn, but my favourite would be S3 Rick, that hair is perfect. Just a shame he's smirking, he's been all serious so far, and I don't see that changing :laugh:

Great face choice on Darryl by the way, works really well. I love the Walking Dead, tempting to do something similar

Good point about Rick! He is definitely going to need a more serious face for S3! :laugh:

Thanks for the compliment on Daryl - he is my favorite figure, though not my favorite character. I totally geeked out when I found that poncho for him.

I'm obviously totally into the show, if you are into the comic as well (and are up to date), let me know, and I'll link you to some other custom figures. I didn't bother posting them here, because to get the 'joke' you would have to be a huge fan of the comic.

Whoa. great job! These are so easily recognizable as to who they are.

Are those all official parts and prints you used?

Amazing series, btw.

Some of the accessories, like a few of the guns and Dale's hat, are from places like G.I. Brick, but most everything else is official LEGO. However, I'm about to attempt some custom decals for Carl Grimes, designed for me by NickAb, so I'm definitely not a purist.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm glad to know that I'm not on my own in my TWD love. :grin:

Krulis, I ordered the part you suggested for Michonne's pets, and it works really well. Thanks again. :sweet: